Ateyaaa's Making Me Want A Sew-in

Geminigirl

Yes way better then the LF. I have been wanting a sew in but the prices of hair is no joke. I like it on her it's cute.

Curlybeauty

Yeah the prices are no joke, but this aint one of them weaves you put in and take out in 2 weeks lol.

Plus you can re-use the hair over and over again! I'm saving up now!

TLC1020

Her sew in look cute :yep: Ateeya know she be putting heat on her hair.. Although this is weave but still....

Last edited:

Kneechay

Girl, go on and get yourself a weave! I love weaves because they're so much fun. You can mimic celeb hairstyles. Right now I'm doing styles inspired by Toya Carter

Gabby Union's cute pony

and the simmons

and I can't wait until two month to cut into a short bob like Vanessa's here

It's just something different and fun and if you take care of it, your own hair wont suffer. It can actually thrive. If you lived in Houston or Atlanta, or LA places where I consider weave capitals, lol, you'dd get it done for cheap since there's so much competition. I think if you really wanna try one, learn how to install it through youtube, I did and so have tons of others.

Solitude

^^^^ Toya has the best weave I've ever seen. Period. I watch that show all the time and I could have sworn her hair was natural.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

^^^^ Toya has the best weave I've ever seen. Period. I watch that show all the time and I could have sworn her hair was natural.

She does add pieces.... but u checked out how pretty her hair was back in the day? When I was just past her shoulder....the she has a very nice texture

stelladata

I always wanted a sew in or weave or something like that but I'm scared of how painful it will be also I remember that one episode from america's next top model where that chick got a sew in and nearly died... Or something I forgot , but she was in grave pain. What are some recommendations when getting a sew in, I have a forehead and I would like some bangs, is there a databate of sew in pictures I could look at for hairstyles? If there are threads on this already please post any really good one that has helped you.

Oh and which is better a lace front of sew in? And can you wear a lace front without gluing it? My bad with all the questions..

Kneechay

Right!?! She and Nia long have some really nice weaves. I also think she has a lot of her hair out, which makes it look more realistic

I always wanted a sew in or weave or something like that but I'm scared of how painful it will be also I remember that one episode from america's next top model where that chick got a sew in and nearly died... Or something I forgot , but she was in grave pain. What are some recommendations when getting a sew in, I have a forehead and I would like some bangs, is there a databate of sew in pictures I could look at for hairstyles? If there are threads on this already please post any really good one that has helped you.

Oh and which is better a lace front of sew in? And can you wear a lace front without gluing it? My bad with all the questions..

Girl who said it was painful? If it was, all these people wouldn't be doing it. LOL. It's just cornrows to your scalp then hair sewn in the cornrows to keep it in. It doesn't hurt at all. That girl must've been overreacting.

Please don't get a lacefront.

I have a forehead too and it looks just fine. I'm going to actually post pics of my newest sew-in in the weave 2010 challenge thread. Just style it to cover your forehead. You can curl some bangs. I'd look up celebs with weave, Gabby, Ciara, the Simmons, Toya, Lala, Bey, Nia Long etc or pick up Sophisticate's Black Hair mag.

Curlybeauty

Girl, go on and get yourself a weave! I love weaves because they're so much fun. You can mimic celeb hairstyles. Right now I'm doing styles inspired by Toya Carter

Gabby Union's cute pony

and the simmons

and I can't wait until two month to cut into a short bob like Vanessa's here

It's just something different and fun and if you take care of it, your own hair wont suffer. It can actually thrive. If you lived in Houston or Atlanta, or LA places where I consider weave capitals, lol, you'dd get it done for cheap since there's so much competition. I think if you really wanna try one, learn how to install it through youtube, I did and so have tons of others.

I love toya's weave! I want a straight one, but the curly one is just easier for me. How are you taking care of your straight weave nichi? I want to keep mines in for 3 or four months but the washing makes me nervous, and so does the constant flat ironing on the piece left out. Do you have a thread that details your weav regimen?

Kneechay

I love toya's weave! I want a straight one, but the curly one is just easier for me. How are you taking care of your straight weave nichi? I want to keep mines in for 3 or four months but the washing makes me nervous, and so does the constant flat ironing on the piece left out. Do you have a thread that details your weav regimen?

See, I wanted a curly one, but I was worried it would be harder for me to maintain. Maybe I'll try that next. Do you have pics? What brand hair do you have? I need hair that will mesh well with mine. I'm trying to wear this sew in until the end of Sept or early Oct. I dont worry about washing at all. Check my old threads for my pics of old sew ins, progress, and maintenance. I've also posted in the Weave it Up Challenge of 2010. Here's the post I just made for my current sew in

yeah pook, I just learned to do weaves, but I haven't done anyone's head yet. Just tried on mine. The hard part was learning how to cornrow and when I got it down, everything was easy. I learned from youtube and practicing on cousins' and friends' heads. They're fabulous people for being my guinea pigs. It's easy. BHM has great tips too.

I didn't really like Ateyaa's brand weave she used in this video, it seems kinda stiff, but maybe it's just me, or maybe I think she combed out the curls on the sides too much, I don't know. But it is a good video nonetheless.

lexiwiththecurls

There is a thread in the Salon section with the salon that Toya goes too in ATL. On her website , she tells you what method she uses for Toya's weave. Her weave is definitely always on point..even when there are no cameras around.

stelladata

Right!?! She and Nia long have some really nice weaves. I also think she has a lot of her hair out, which makes it look more realistic

Girl who said it was painful? If it was, all these people wouldn't be doing it. LOL. It's just cornrows to your scalp then hair sewn in the cornrows to keep it in. It doesn't hurt at all. That girl must've been overreacting.

Please don't get a lacefront.

I have a forehead too and it looks just fine. I'm going to actually post pics of my newest sew-in in the weave 2010 challenge thread. Just style it to cover your forehead. You can curl some bangs. I'd look up celebs with weave, Gabby, Ciara, the Simmons, Toya, Lala, Bey, Nia Long etc or pick up Sophisticate's Black Hair mag.

Thanks a lot!
I don't know that's what I hear all the time, I don't know if it's the sewing that makes it painful or the cornrows.. if it's the corn rows I can handle that no problem! Thanks for the info though..

I'm definitely gonna look up some ciara DOs I like the ones she had in her "never gonna love you" video.