Are you relaxed or texlaxed?

• I'm BSL or longer and RELAXED

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • I'm BSL or longer and Texlaxed/Texturized

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other- please explain

Votes: 24 23.3%

• Total voters
I just want to see how many BSL and BSL+ ladies here are relaxed or texlaxed:yep:.
Please vote in the poll and if you don't mind give us these stats:

hairtype: 4a, I guess
relaxed/texlaxed: texlaxed, trying not to relaxe bone strait
brand of relaxer: mizani
how long do you wait between relaxers: aiming for 12 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.)
co-wash and DC 2x/wk. Protein as needed. my main protective style was bunning but I havent done that consistantly for about a month now. I have been doing flexirods mostly with a wash n go or braidout. I co-wash with Tresemme thermal recovery or Garnier moisture works conditioner. I am on a use up my stash personal challenge. So I don't have a fave cond right now. I would still say Miss Keys 10 n 1 and BioInfusion hydrating conditioning balm, are the most moisturizing so far

hairtype: 3c/4a
relaxed/texlaxed:texlaxed
brand of relaxer: Silk Elements Lye-Mild formulation
how long do you wait between relaxers: 4-7 months
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) Cowash almost everyday, shampoo/dc 1x/wk, chelate monthly or as needed, protective styles, rollerset maybe once/month. EVCO and JBCO are staple oils, everything else I rotate. Love, love, love my Dominican products and they are my base but I'm such a PJ, I have a little of everything. Once I use up all of my domestic products, I'll be switching back to a completely Dominican regimen

Last edited:
hairtype:4B
relaxed/texlaxed:Relaxed
brand of relaxer:Whatever I pick up from the store. The cheapies.
how long do you wait between relaxers: 10-14 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) co-washing, sealing, pampering ends, styles that require little manipulation,

Answers in bold, E.:yep:

hairtype: 3c/4a/4b
relaxed/texlaxed: relaxed
brand of relaxer: Phyto II
how long do you wait between relaxers: 8-10 weeks
Wash 2 x week, alternate protein/moisture DC. After apply leave-ins and moisturizer, 2 braids or bun. In Summer, wear braidout only on weekends...hair is always up otherwise. Henna e/3 weeks, trim e/12 weeks.

hairtype: 4A
relaxed/texlaxed:Relaxed
brand of relaxer: Silk Elements (Mild Formula)
how long do you wait between relaxers: 8-12 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) airdrying, bunning, deep conditioning, prepooing, moisturizing daily, protein treatment when needed

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers in purple :grin:

hairtype: Not sure prob. 3c to 4a

relaxed/texlaxed: Relaxed

brand of relaxer: ORS Olive Oil No-Lye (Currently looking for something else I'm done with this underpocessing)

how long do you wait between relaxers:8-12 weeks

I wash once a week twice if I have time. I pretty much ALWAYS have my hair in a bun and I deep condition after every wash. I also swear by rollersets there a lifesaver and I rarely use direct heat.

hairtype: 3cish

brand of relaxer: ORS no-lye

how long do you wait between relaxers: 4 months

Wash 2 x week DCing each time, rollersetting to straighten, cowashing and airdrying everyday when its too hot :look: I wear my hair out everyday, unless its hot, windy or raining...then its in a bun or french braid. S&D monthly, trim once a year.

hairtype: 3c/4a/4b?

relaxed/texlaxed: Transitioning from relaxed to natural

brand of relaxer: Phyto, Soft n Beautiful, Creme of Nature, Mizani, ORS (just depends on what's readily available, and how much $$$ I got.

how long do you wait between relaxers: 12-16 weeks

your hair care basics (aka bunning,co-washing etc.): I either flatiron my hair for the week, or I CW every other day and bun; still trying to get my twistouts and braidouts to act right, but I'm trying to manipulate my hair as little as possible.

I just want to see how many BSL and BSL+ ladies here are relaxed or texlaxed:yep:.
Please vote in the poll and if you don't mind give us these stats:

hairtype: 4a
brand of relaxer: ORS No Lye Super/depending on amt of ng
how long do you wait between relaxers: 10-11 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) I wear my hair in a ponytail with my ends baggied daily and co wash every other day. I wash once a week and dc once a week. Oh and I trim when I see needed, which is usually every 3 months. I like nice blunt ends.

Last edited:
Hairtype:4A

Relaxed/Texlaxed-Relaxed

Brand of Relaxer- ORS Lye

How long do you wait between relaxers?- 12 weeks(summer)-16 weeks(winter)

Your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.)
Wash once a week, DC with Keracare Humecto, Protein with ORS Mayo Every Other week, Rollerset, and Wrap Nightly.

Here ya go:

hairtype: 3c
relaxed/texlaxed: texlaxed
brand of relaxer: Vitale Life and Body with Olive oil added, with Sistaslick protein step
how long do you wait between relaxers: average 1 year
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) conditioner wash only, Low-mani, comb through no more than once a week, rollerset ponytail (as opposed to ponytail rollerset :grin:) and bonnet dry in the winter, wash n' go in summer

Wow I'm still learning alot from this thread and all the wonderful ladies that answered,thanks to each and everyone of you:yep:

hairtype: 4b, coily and wiry
brand of relaxer: Affirm Conditioning Creme Relaxer for Coarse Hair
how long do you wait between relaxers: 6 mths, then 3 mths, then 6 mths, so on.
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.):

prepoo, DC, occasional steam = almost every wash
first few weeks = rollerset weekly.
later weeks = airdry with scarf, then flat-iron.

hairtype: 4a
brand of relaxer: Motions
how long do you wait between relaxers: every three months
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) bun, ponytail or loose braids. I very rarely wear my hair down. I go back and forth with the cowashing. Sometimes I do it for a week or two and sometimes just a simple shampoo, conditioner and DC weekly.

hairtype: 4a/4b
brand of relaxer: ORS No-Lye
how long do you wait between relaxers: I try to wait 12 weeks but I tend to go 8-10 weeks.
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.): Moisturize daily with NTM Silk-touch and seal with castor oil. Cowash once per week with Suave coconut and wash with chagrin valley soap bars (no sulfates) and deep condition with Proclaim Aloe&Shea mixed with oils and butters once a week also. I do a protein prepoo every month with ORS Mayo and apply Aphogee 2 min the week before a relaxer. I braid my hair into two sections when i wash and detangle 2X a week. I clarify two times a month or more with baking soda and chelate once a month with Nexxus aloe rid (yes it chelates..it has EDTA in it!!!)

brand of relaxer: Precise
how long do you wait between relaxers: depends on ng...typically 6-10 wks
your hair care basics: I wrap for a day or two then keep my hair up in a loose bun or clip

hairtype: 4b, coily and wiry
brand of relaxer: Affirm Conditioning Creme Relaxer for Coarse Hair
how long do you wait between relaxers: 6 mths, then 3 mths, then 6 mths, so on.
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.):

prepoo, DC, occasional steam = almost every wash
first few weeks = rollerset weekly.
later weeks = airdry with scarf, then flat-iron.

This is a good idea...

hairtype:
3c/4a
relaxed/texlaxed:
relaxed
brand of relaxer:
ORS Lye
how long do you wait between relaxers:
8-10 weeks
Bunning, half wigs

brand of relaxer: optimum ( no- lye), switching to affirm for next relaxer.
how long do you wait between relaxers: 5-6 months
your hair care basics: wash & dc weekly after relaxers, but when new growths start coming in, I switch to co-wash and DC 2X week. I love braid outs and bunning.

hairtype:4
relaxed/texlaxed:relaxed
brand of relaxer:affirm fiber guard sensitive scalp
how long do you wait between relaxers:12 to 14 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.): I am a serial bunner. I wear buns 9/10. And I wash and deep condition weekly.

Back