BSL and longer ladies...what relaxer are you using??

Divine Inspiration

Ok, so I'm ready to texlax, and I'm in need of relaxer recommendations.

I'm looking to process to about 80% so I don't need anything that gets it bone straight, but I DO have ultra coarse and thick hair that it resistant so the faint relaxers won't cut it.

I'm looking to here from both bone straight and texlaxed ladies...Isis, Sylver, Babygurl, Pristess, and all of the other BSL+ ladies...

TIA. :)

{DI}

My hair is coarse and very resistant. I use the no-lye regular strength Gentle Treatment for 10 minutes total time (instead of the recommended 25 minutes for coarse). :)

ORS no lye, i know people feel funny about no lye but this relaxer is real deal.

also, if you want to go the lye route, i would def. hit up mizani regular. but your basing skills must be on point, because that relaxer burrrrrns.

I use Profectiv no-lye Regular and process for about 15 minutes to texlax. My hair is not extremely coarse but also doesnt process easily.

I just saw part two and yes I self-relax and have been self-relaxing for many years.

Last edited:
simplycee said:
I use Mizani Lye in the Normal strength.

Girl, your braidouts are to die for...PLEASE share you products/technique for achieving that look...mine have never looked that uniform and lush. :ohwell: :look:

Ladies, thank you SO much for your responses. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. You guys are the best.

As always, additional responses will be well received.

{DI}

Divine Inspiration said:
Girl, your braidouts are to die for...PLEASE share you products/technique for achieving that look...mine have never looked that uniform and lush. :ohwell: :look:

Ladies, thank you SO much for your responses. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. You guys are the best.

{DI}

What have you been using? You don't like it?

Nothing. :lol: I haven't texlaxed since December '05 and that was with Motions...the biggest mistake EVER. My hair didn't suffer damage from it, but the results left MUCH to be desired so...

I'm thinking I may need to go back to no lye because of the thickness and resistance of my hair. I want to be able to leave the product on about 3/4 of the recommended time and have it turn out 80% processed. With the last one, I left it on about 1.5 times the recommended time, and it processed me about 20%. :eek: :nono:

Divine Inspiration said:
Nothing. :lol: I haven't texlaxed since December '05 and that was with Motions...the biggest mistake EVER. My hair didn't suffer damage from it, but the results left MUCH to be desired so...

I'm thinking I may need to go back to no lye because of the thickness and resistance of my hair. I want to be able to leave the product on about 3/4 of the recommended time and have it turn out 80% processed. With the last one, I left it on about 1.5 times the recommended time, and it processed me about 20%. :eek: :nono:

OMG, I had this exact issue. i went back to ors and am never lookign back!

Divine Inspiration said:

{DI}

Thanks! Once I tell you, you're gonna say that's it? :lol: Sending you a pm.

Divine Inspiration said:
Ok, so part 2 my question :lol:

Do you guys self-relax??
Although I went to the salon and got a relaxer put in at the end of September, the last time I relaxed I did it myself. I usually self-relax, but at times I'll get a cousin who does hair to put it in when I don't wanna go through the hassle.

I highly recommend you try Phyto-Index 1. It's mild so it definitely won't make it bone straight. The beauty of it is, you can control just how straight you want it to get without killing yourself to get the relaxer in quick b4 it becomes too straight. I have 4bcdefg hair and I use I started texlaxing me and my daughter's hair with it 4 months ago, and won't use anything else now. My hair just looks and feels healthier and ofcourse since texlaxing my strands are stronger. :grin:

Hey DI :wave:

I use two

Cream of Nature no lye reg
or
Optimum no lye reg

I also self relax and have been for years. Although the longer my hair gets the more challenging it has been.

Back