Ladies with BSL hair and longer, do you detangle.......

Do you detangle...?

• wet hair

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • dry hair

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • in shower

Votes: 62 36.9%
  • out of shower

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • other

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters

babyhurr4

I actually vary when it comes to detangling...I mean, sometimes I do it in the shower, out of the shower(use this way most of the time) and even detangle on dry hair before I wash my hair in the shower. It just depends on how much time I have, how badly tangled my hair is and what works best for me at that time.

CurlyMoo

I hate detangling in the shower! It's too much work, I always come out sweating, dehydrated and breathing heavy! I can't tell the difference between the sweat and the water. I detangle outside the shower on damp hair that has some conditioner & sweet almond oil on the length and castor oil on the ends.

Caramela

Just made WL and detangling in the shower is so much easier. I just take a section of conditioner soaked hair over my right shoulder and then over my left and use the shower comb along with the flow of the shower and it literally takes seconds to detangle.

MizAvalon

I just started detangling out of the shower a few months ago and that's much better for me since the detangling sessions are taking longer and longer now.

Getting pelted with water for 35-45 minutes while I tried to detangle in the shower got to be very tiresome.

I can still do it if I have a fresh relaxer though and the detangling will be finished quickly.

SoCalli

I do both. I detangle on wet hair with conditioner in my hair before sitting under my hooded dryer. I detangle again under running water while I rinse the conditioner out. It's very fast. My first detangle takes a long time.

luckiestdestiny

Now that I am BSL I no longer detangle in the shower because it takes longer. Its not that there are more tangles, there aren't, but I just prefer to detangle out of the shower now. What about you?

*Sorry to discriminate against ladies with hair shorter than BSL, there will be a spinoff, I promise. :yep:

ETA: Sorry ladies, I meant to allow multiple poll options :wallbash:

I'm MBL and I detangle in the shower.

Angelicus

I have to detangle in the shower. I do my hair in sections. It makes my roller setting process go faster.

silkii_locks

For some odd reason I have very few tangles. But for those few that I do have I detangle out of the shower while I'm applying my leave in's, wrap foam, serum etc. :yep:

LadyPaniolo

Good lord, I'd be in the shower all day if I tried to detangle in there. It takes me a year and a day to untangle these napps.

BostonMaria

I almost always detangle in the shower. The only way I'll do it out of the shower is if I'm in a hurry and don't want to have soaking wet hair. Only takes under 2 minutes either way and its probably because I detangle every day.

lonei

I HAVE to detangle under the shower, if not, i loose so much hair and it adds about 1 hour onto my regimen...

peppers01

:lachen::lachen::lachen::giggle:

*sneaks in*

I'm barely shoulder, and I've always detangled out of the shower. :look: Not trying to use up alla my hot water.

*dashes back out*

I use to detangle in the shower, there was much less breakage. Now, since starting my protein treatment and garlic supplements, I detangle after the shower and have been having like 10 hairs on the pick.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, question for ya right quick.....what kind of detangler and leave in do you ladies use cuz I'm having the HARDEST TIME finding a detangler and a leave in...

*Michelle*

I detangle before I get in the shower and then when in the shower with the conditioner in.

To answer SlantedEyez: I don't use leave in's when I wear my hair down (about half the time), cuz they weigh my hair down. Otherwise I use a Redken product...depending on what IF anything is going on with my hair.

*Muffin*

Well, I'm a breath away from being full BSL, so I guess I'll give my two cents as well :grin:. I don't have a problem with detangling in the shower. I use my Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner and my wide-toothed shower comb, and those tangles disappear in a flash, and even when I have a lot of NG. I honestly can't detangle my hair any other time because my hair will frizz up. Hopefully detangling in the shower won't be an issue when my hair gets longer.

mariofmagdal

I am a shower detangler, with lots of conditioner of course.......it's the only way for me.
When my hair starts to dry, and shrink, it turns back to fur ;0)
If I tried it any other way, I would be in big trouble every time!

DarkAngell

Up until now i've done it in the shower with no problems.

I'm almost WL and recently began having the worst problem with detangling.
I've started to do it outside of the shower. I dampen it, seperate into 8 sections, put paul mitchell detangler in one section at a time and use something alittle smaller than a wide tooth comb.

It's working out BEAUTIFULLY!

NikkiGirl

I detangle in the shower. It is easier for me. I really don't care how long I have to stay in the shower. I will do it in two, sometimes four sections. I use lots of conditoner. Because I am transitioning, my natural hair is BIG. When I try to detangle outside of the shower, I always end up with a mess that is very hard to pull back into a ponytail, so then I have to wet it down anyway. I almost forgot how thick my natural hair was.

ActionActress

I am just now starting to go Mid-back. I detangle in the shower. I always slather on the conditioner first and detangle in sections. I find it a breeze. Also, never detangle the hair as a whole item. The shower actually (for me) because of the pressure and how it 'rains' down(in a way the 'rain' combs it) assists in the detangling. It doesn't take me long to detangle--a few minutes? No more than 3-5 min. I use a D41 Denman then shift to a D4 Denman.

AA

Lovelylocs

I do in in the shower as I rinse out the conditioner. My hair usually isn't too tangly unless I need a relaxer retouch since I roller set.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I only finger comb in the shower but I always fully detangle outside of the shower with conditioner on, either a rinse out conditioner or a leave in.

ActionActress

Hey ladies, question for ya right quick.....what kind of detangler and leave in do you ladies use cuz I'm having the HARDEST TIME finding a detangler and a leave in...

I keep alot of water in my hair and simply just add lots of regular conditioner---yup---regular conditioner. Then detangle. I clarify once to twice a week with Suave daily clarifier. If I use a leave- in it is Giovanii Direct. Sometimes I mix the two.

AA