• I did not like the treatment

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • I've never tried it, but would like to

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • I've never tried it, but it would not be for me

Votes: 72 21.7%

• Total voters

brittanynic16

I have about 2 inches of hair that is chemcially treated but it never changed my texture. The rest it natural. I have done the treatment twice. I love it and would do it again. In fact, I am doing another one tomorrow. I have never completly washed it out so I do know long it last but I would say probably about 3 months or so.

JLove74

I have about 2 inches of hair that is chemcially treated but it never changed my texture. The rest it natural. I have done the treatment twice. I love it and would do it again. In fact, I am doing another one tomorrow. I have never completly washed it out so I do know long it last but I would say probably about 3 months or so.

OK, this is what I need someone to explain to me. When you wash your hair does it stay straight or curly?

JLove74

It stays straight.

I am going to do it tomorrow and try to post pictures of the process.

So if it stays straight and your natural hair is curly, how is it still considered natural when formaldehyde and other active ingredients are what makes your hair straight.....

Jhuidah

http://www.straightenmyhair.com/

Just wanted to post this link. Apparently there is a formaldehyde-free version of this process. It looks very interesting, but I don't know that I would want to try it. I'm curious to see a before and after of natural hair that completely washed out the product/reverted, if that is at all possible.

JLove74

http://www.straightenmyhair.com/

Just wanted to post this link. Apparently there is a formaldehyde-free version of this process. It looks very interesting, but I don't know that I would want to try it. I'm curious to see a before and after of natural hair that completely washed out the product/reverted, if that is at all possible.

It isn't free, but a smaller percentage of formaldehyde!

dany06

I was going to do it but I had three reasons for changing my mind. The first one is that I actually talked to the stylist in person at vis-a-vis salon and he made it seem like it wasnt going to do anything. Yeah he mentioned it would cut down on frizz but I was still going to have to heat style. He didnt show me any examples of his work and I didnt think $300 was worth it. Second, I live in alabama without a car and his shop is in georgia. So who is going to take me out of the kindness of their heart? No one. It going to cost me some extra money just to get there and back. Lastly, I couldnt take that damaged hair anymore and I cut it off. Plus he said that the treatment was not going to straighten out my new growth and I was planning on transitioning. I just hate having two extremely different textures. And I wasnt going to be able to do it every three months anyway.

Overall, If I had someone in my area who offered that service I might have thought twice about cutting off my hair and giving it a shot. But the time i would have to wait to get it done and the money I would have to pay are just to much for me.

Good luck if you choose to do it.

Sui Topi

I was curious too, but I am scared about that formaldahyde thing. Brittany, your hair looks great though. Those bangs are really really cute.

brittanynic16

I was curious too, but I am scared about that formaldahyde thing. Brittany, your hair looks great though. Those bangs are really really cute.

Thanks! But, they have grown out. The concern about the formaldahyde is during the application. You can smell if you are breathing in the formaldahyde but, if you have a good fan you are fine.

Sui Topi

Thanks! But, they have grown out. The concern about the formaldahyde is during the application. You can smell if you are breathing in the formaldahyde but, if you have a good fan you are fine.

true! I think I will look into it then. I miss having those bangs, and I can just try it and take it 3 months at a time, or however long it lasts. So you do it and your hair is straight and well not every time, but over time as you wash it it just gets curlier and curlier until its your natural texture again?

delp

Softliss (I used)...do a google search....cheapest....
Global keratin is another (not as cheap) but strongest

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm too chicken, ya'll. Picked up the Ulta liquid keratin pack and put it right back down on the self. I'm too chicken. :nono:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
^^^ I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to take a chance on using it. Supposedly it doesn't have the formaldehyde. But again, I don't know...

sheba1

Is this kind as good as the salon version?

It has similar results but only lasts for a month. Considering that, you could get the salon version for cheaper since you get 10 to 14 applications per bottle.

Auburn had a great thread on it with pics. Click here for her review.

Global also has a formaldehyde free version. It is my understanding that "free" is not entirely "free". It's more like 0.2% instead of the 2% or 4%

vkb247

The Ulta one isn't as strong as the salon on. Auburn did a thread about it and it did give her beautiful straight hair but when she washed it, iot wasn't straight anymore. But she is also natural and these treatments take better on porous/damaged/chemically processed hair.

sydwrites

I've tried the Ulta version, its not the same. Its probably more like the Keep the Curls version with no formeldahyde or ether. No masks or fans needed. Im a natural 4a/b and I have tried and blogged about it. It made my hair smoother, shinier, and reduced the frizz considerably, but it didnt have a drastic loosening affect. You can do a few uses in the small amount you get so although its probably alot weeker, the price is pretty comparable and you get tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. Mine lasted about a month, but I forgot to use the right shampoo twice so I may have been able to stretch 6 weeks out. Has anyone tried the Keep the Curls formula, I would guess it lasts longer.