10 Questions on Boundless Tresses...I need answers

Poetrygirl

Okay I have searched and pulled up probably all the threads on Boundless Tresses and have not found everything I was looking for. I am hoping that since I am new that someone can lead me in the right direction or be able to answer some questions for me. I ordered a bottle and it came today, but I want to ask these questions before I proceed with use.

Here goes...

1. Does BT turn your neck/hairline/jewelry black? If so does it go away?
2. If you stop using BT is your hair going to fall out/shed/break off?
3. Is BT the same is MTG? If not what is the difference?
4. Is BT to be used like an oil moisturizer or do I still need to use an oil?
5. What if any products can BT not be used with?
6. Can BT be used as an hot oil treatment?
7. Are the results of BT the same on relaxed & color treated hair as it does on natural hair?
8. Should BT be used everyday for the best results?
9. Is it best to rub BT fully in the scalp or put on scalp and hair? ARe the results the same?
10. If I am covering my head with wig, braids or pony tail can BT still be used?

I have seen some answers to some of these questions but not all. I wanted to repost them to have them all in one spot. If any of you can answer these questions it will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

baby42

i know it is the sulfer that turn the jewelry black i use it every day some times and i am in braids a little go a long ways and you can use it under a wig and i ask a bout useing a moisttuizer with it and she said you could i do i dont know a bout the hot oil treatment i know other people will come in and ket you know a bout that you can use it on prems i guess thats how a lot of ladys here use it i dont know what you cant use it with:confused: and i went from useing the old mtg to this one and my hair didnt not fall out but other will tell you their story about what happend when they use it and it didnt do any thing to my neck so i dont know her oils she use are diff then the one the use in mtg thank god:lol: :lol: i love it ps i have not change any thing that i was useing because of BT BY THE WAY WELCOME AND HAPPY GROWING PS I DO RUB IT IN A LITTLE LITE LIKE I SAID A LITTLE GO,S A LONG WAYS LOL

Last edited:

yodie

Poetrygirl said:
Okay I have searched and pulled up probably all the threads on Boundless Tresses and have not found everything I was looking for. I am hoping that since I am new that someone can lead me in the right direction or be able to answer some questions for me. I ordered a bottle and it came today, but I want to ask these questions before I proceed with use.

Here goes...

7. Are the results of BT the same on relaxed & color treated hair as it does on natural hair?
9. Is it best to rub BT fully in the scalp or put on scalp and hair? ARe the results the same?
10. If I am covering my head with wig, braids or pony tail can BT still be used?

I have seen some answers to some of these questions but not all. I wanted to repost them to have them all in one spot. If any of you can answer these questions it will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I'm a faithful BT user, so maybe I can answer some of your questions.

1. MTG turned my neck black and dried out my nape and edges to where it actually broke off.

2. I haven't stopped using it and won't for a long time, but I don't think your hair will shed.

3. MTG was very drying and harsh on my hair. Some women love it, but it didn't work for me. BT seems to have more oil. My new growth is very soft and manageable. Ohhh... BT doesn't smell as nasty as MTG.

4. I think you'll find BT to have enough oil and you won't need anything else.

5. Not sure if there are any products that you can't use this with.
6. Not sure, but why not try it. (when u start seeing growth, you'll want to use it everyday and not just as an hot oil treatment)

7. I'm texlaxed and I have no problem with it. It actually helps my new growth blend better with my texlaxed hair.

8. I normally apply everyday or every other day, just on my scalp, nape and edges.

I actually wear a wig and I don't have a problem with twisting my hair underneath, applying BT and popping my wig on. :lol:

Last edited:

Malice

poetrygirl said:

raeshan said:
1. MTG turned my neck black and dried out my nape and edges to wear it actually broke off.

:lachen:
OK, no one is giving a straight answer on this question and BT. I'm curious myself, I really want to place my order today but this is a major concern of mine as well.

crlsweetie912

BT hasn't turned my jewelry black or my neck. Why would you think that it would? I am sure that naturallady would be willing to help as I believe that as the developer of the product, she has been using it the longest and may be able to give the answers you are looking for.

Naturallady is natural and she uses it on her hair. I am relaxed and I use it so I don't think this matters.

I wouldn't use any other oil, BT is an oil based product and I think adding other oils would be unnecessary.

BT is not the same as MTG. They are both growth products but are completely different.

I would guess that BT could be used as a hot oil treatment, but I wouldn't use it like that because I would think that I could get maximum results by leaving it on my scalp.

BT can be used everyday or every other day as needed. I think it's a personal choice.

There's a tutorial on the site that tells how to use the product.

People use BT on their hair/scalp all the time with wigs, phony ponies, braids in their hair.

Last edited:

SparklingFlame

Here goes...

I have been using BT for over a year and I have never had a burned neck but my neck did get black a few months back but that was only b/c my little helper in my siggy did that while I was preggers with her! I have never had any of my jewlery turn black. Not the real stuff anyway. However, I went and bought some 99 cent earrings and those turned black. :lol:
During the course of my using BT I have stopped on and off a few times due to laziness, but during those times I never noticed any shedding, but that was just my experience.
BT is NOT the same as MTG. The difference is BT is made for human use, it defiantly smells better, its not too harsh for the hair and scalp, and its made by a black woman who just so happens to be a member of this board - ME! :lol:
I suggest using BT in conjunction with a moisturizer. Me, I use QB Heavy Cream as a moisturizer and then what oil may get onto my hair is used as a moisture sealant. You can use another oil if you like but I find that is not nessesary to do so.
It has been bought to my attention by the relaxed ladies that depending on your scalps sensativity BT should not be used one week prior to getting a relaxer. Other than that you can use it with anything.
I wouldnt do it. For one you would be wasting oil that could be put on your scalp to make your hair grow in faster and for two...have you ever smelled hot sulfer? STAAAANK!! Its kind of reminecent (sp) of MTG! :lachen:
BT works the same on all hair types.
:yep: or every other day.
The key to BT is getting it on the scalp. The scalp is where BT wants to be. I find that doing a massage gets it all over the scalp, which is what you want. You dont have to do a massage it just helps distribute it everywhere. The results will not be the same if you are concentrating it on the hair itself.
An emphatic YES! Matter of fact, the heat from your head under the wig makes the hair grow faster too. Its something in heat and moisture that activates the hair follcles. BT along with your body heat under the wig is a perfect combo for some mega growth!

I hope this answered your questions. If not please feel free to ask again!
~NL

Last edited:

alexstin

Naturallady,

What is the longest period of time you stopped using BT? I am really happy for your success. Do you plan to have it widely distributed?:)

Keen

I've seen that most of the questions have been answered. I don't ever get BT on my neck so I don't know if it would turn your nect black if you do got it on there.

I haven't been using it consistantly long enough to see a difference.

My only issue with BT is that I was expecting it to ontrol my itches since it has sulfer in it. I have braids. Usually I use sulfe8 a few times a week when I have braids. That always control itches and Dandruft. Now that I'm using BT, I don't have dandruft but the it definetely not controlling the itching well.

SparklingFlame

alexstin said:
Naturallady,

What is the longest period of time you stopped using BT? I am really happy for your success. Do you plan to have it widely distributed?:)
Thanks! I plan to distribute it but it will be a long range plan, not right now.

I think the longest that I stopped using it was a month. It was a while back the last time I was being lazy about it but it was about a month.

e$h

naturallady said:

Here goes...

I have been using BT for over a year and I have never had a burned neck and my neck did get black a few months back but that was only b/c my little helper in my siggy did that while I was preggers with her! I have never had any of my jewlery turn black. Not the real stuff anyway. However, I went and bought some 99 cent earrings and those turned black. :lol:
During the course of my using BT I have stopped on and off a few times due to laziness, but during those times I never noticed any shedding, but that was just my experience.
BT is NOT the same as MTG. The difference is BT is made for human use, it defiantly smells better, its not too harsh for the hair and scalp, and its made by a black woman who just so happens to be a member of this board - ME! :lol:
I suggest using BT in conjunction with a moisturizer. Me, I use QB Heavy Cream as a moisturizer and then what oil may get onto my hair is used as a moisture sealant. You can use another oil if you like but I find that is not nessesary to do so.
It has been bought to my attention by the relaxed ladies that depending on your scalps sensativity BT should not be used one week prior to getting a relaxer. Other than that you can use it with anything.
I wouldnt do it. For one you would be wasting oil that could be put on your scalp to make your hair grow in faster and for two...have you ever smelled hot sulfer? STAAAANK!! Its kind of reminecent (sp) of MTG! :lachen:
BT works the same on all hair types.
:yep: or every other day.
The key to BT is getting it on the scalp. The scalp is where BT wants to be. I find that doing a massage gets it all over the scalp, which is what you want. You dont have to do a massage it just helps distribute it everywhere. The results will not be the same if you are concentrating it on the hair itself.
An emphatic YES! Matter of fact, the heat from your head under the wig makes the hair grow faster too. Its something in heat and moisture that activates the hair follcles. BT along with your body heat under the wig is a perfect combo for some mega growth!

I hope this answered your questions. If not please feel free to ask again!
~NL

This was very helpful. Thank you!:)

yodie

Malice said:
:lachen:
OK, no one is giving a straight answer on this question and BT. I'm curious myself, I really want to place my order today but this is a major concern of mine as well.

which question of yours did we miss? if it was the jewelry question then I can't help much because I don't wear necklaces.

Nice & Wavy

It does not turn my neck or my necklaces black.

I use it every other day with a moisterizer.

I wouldn't use it as a hot oil treatment...you would wash it out.

I use it on my scalp and massage it in really good.

Poetrygirl

Thanks ladies I really appreciate it. I will be starting this tonight, I just got a pony tail so I will be using it in between my twisties.

Natuallady I really appreciate you taking the time out to answer all of my questions and again congrats on your product.

Once I have been using it for month, I will post something in your testimonal spot on your webpage.

Poetrygirl :)