HELP-Dandruff and Boundless Tresses

kitten73

I have been using the scented BT on my 10 year old daughter for a little over 7 days now and believe it or not, I can actually see some growth already! The first day she complained of a headache. I read that some others on the board have experienced that side effect and I was ready to stop using it on her but day 2 she was fine and no more headaches ever since. The only problem I am having is the excessive amount of dandruff flakes I am seeing in her hair. Before starting use, I didn't see this. I am wondering if it's the BT or what my grandmother use to call "growing dandruff". Has anyone else experienced scalp flaking? It's really bad, there is no smell or soreness just large flakes. They dissapear once I apply the BT but then the next night, flake city again. She said her hair doesn itch at all either.

SparklingFlame

Hmmm..I dont know. I had really bad dandruff before using BT and it took care of it but not after using it. It jsut might be the "growing dandruff the old folks talk about!

cutiebe2

it could be two things
1. allergy???
2. The amount of BT you are putting on...I had this weird flaking on my edges after applying MTG but when I reduced the amount I put on the flaking went away..I guess I was applying too much and the excess caused flakes
thats my ideas but maybe someone has other thoughts

Mahalialee4

Sometimes there is already build up on the scalp and sulphur has been said to do a "turnover" effect on the scalp skin. Sometimes it is just scalp dryness. Hope this helps.

kitten73

naturallady said:
Hmmm..I dont know. I had really bad dandruff before using BT and it took care of it but not after using it. It jsut might be the "growing dandruff the old folks talk about!

I would think the same thing. If someone had dandruff it would go away after using BT since it has sulfur right?

kitten73

cutiebe2 said:
it could be two things
1. allergy???
2. The amount of BT you are putting on...I had this weird flaking on my edges after applying MTG but when I reduced the amount I put on the flaking went away..I guess I was applying too much and the excess caused flakes
thats my ideas but maybe someone has other thoughts

I thought about allergy right away but I have used sulfur 8 on her scalp for the longest. Maybe there is something else in it that may irritating the scalp. She isn't having any discomfort at all. Maybe I am overdoing it with the amount I am using. I part her scalp and apply it all over as if I was greasing her scalp. Maybe that is too much, "NaturalLady "do you think I am going overboard?

SparklingFlame

kitten73 said:
I thought about allergy right away but I have used sulfur 8 on her scalp for the longest. Maybe there is something else in it that may irritating the scalp. She isn't having any discomfort at all. Maybe I am overdoing it with the amount I am using. I part her scalp and apply it all over as if I was greasing her scalp. Maybe that is too much, "NaturalLady "do you think I am going overboard?
You are going overboard if the oil runs everywhere. I think you have a great method of applying it. Does it run everywhere when you put it on her scalp?

senimoni

Just cosigning ..sulfur products get rid of my dandruff....BT is a keeper whether I get extra growth or not b/c it keeps the flakes away.

kitten73

Mahalialee4 said:
Sometimes there is already build up on the scalp and sulphur has been said to do a "turnover" effect on the scalp skin. Sometimes it is just scalp dryness. Hope this helps.

Well this weekend I washed her hair with Nizoral to see if that would help. Even did a hot oil treatment and after I blow dried her hair and flat ironed it was flaky flaky flaky. Maybe I need to give her a calrifying shampoo to clean the buildup from her scalp.

kitten73

naturallady said:
You are going overboard if the oil runs everywhere. I think you have a great method of applying it. Does it run everywhere when you put it on her scalp?

no not at all, I part the hair and then i just let the oil drip from the bottle on her scalp and I thenrib it in with my finger. i make sure not to let it get on her face ro drip down her neck. I really rub it in good so there is nothing dripping at all.

SparklingFlame

kitten73 said:
Well this weekend I washed her hair with Nizoral to see if that would help. Even did a hot oil treatment and after I blow dried her hair and flat ironed it was flaky flaky flaky. Maybe I need to give her a calrifying shampoo to clean the buildup from her scalp.
After you do that stop using BT for a week or so and then see what happens.

kitten73

naturallady said:
After you do that stop using BT for a week or so and then see what happens.

Thanks for advice. I will have to hide it because she is all excited about the groth and the fact that I am talking about her on the board. She has been to a few meetings and thinks she is a member (LOL)

SparklingFlame

kitten73 said:
Thanks for advice. I will have to hide it because she is all excited about the groth and the fact that I am talking about her on the board. She has been to a few meetings and thinks she is a member (LOL)
AAAAWWWW thats so cute!

Mahalialee4

kitten73 said:
One other thing. After you do a clarifier, take heated olive oil and do a hot oil treatment on her scalp and hair for about 2 hours. Use a baggie to cover whole head of hair. Due to the fatty oils, this oughta doer. Sometimes our scalps need this after prolonged us of sulphur or chemicals. bonjour