biotin greater than 5mg

Dejuan42

i keep see people with biotin greater than 5mg in there regime you should be experiencing mega growth like inches a month right? lol if not why you take so much?

AnjelLuvs

good question

does the higher the dosage mean the more hair growth

how long before you start seeing effects of the vitamin

Ire_manzi

There is a women who once took 30mg(30,000mcg) of biotin and got 1 1/2 inches of growth per month. I read this on the long hair lovers board.

Nonie

Dejuan, there are people who have had skin breakouts due to too much biotin than their body can take and had to increase their B5 to counteract that or reduce the amount of biotin they were on. "Too much" is a relative phrase... For some, 5mg was too much. Also I think it depends on just how biotin deficient you are because if you take more than you need the surplus just gets flushed out of your body. The brand of biotin you take is also important coz if it isn't soluble, it will not be absorbed into your blood properly and reach the important cells. (The Freeda brand has had a lot of praise on here so it's probably very soluble.)

So how much biotin you need, I guess, is really a personal matter of trial and error. SherryLove doesn't take more than 2mg (I think) and her growth rate is not one to snigger about. So I say if you aren't seeing much growth, increase your intake a touch and then see if it makes a positive difference. Some people say it took them 3 months of being on biotin to see results, so add a dash of patience to that regimen.