That 5mg Puritan Pride Biotin Is NO JOKE!

hotparatha

Wow I took biotin a while back but I can't remember if I had a lot of growth from it.

So do you guys think the 5mg biotin would be better than 5000 mcg? I don't see the 5mg on the Puritan website though.

Candy_C

hotparatha said:
Wow I took biotin a while back but I can't remember if I had a lot of growth from it.

So do you guys think the 5mg biotin would be better than 5000 mcg? I don't see the 5mg on the Puritan website though.

5,000mcg is equal to 5mg :)...so same thing ma dear

hotparatha

Candy_C said:

Oh ok thanks Candy_c..and you've been taking one a day?

Your hair looks gorgeous by the way..keep growing!

The product junkie in me just ordered from Puritan's website..today is the last day for the buy 1 get 2 sale ladies!! :)

secretdiamond

I'm on the Puritan Pride website and I only see 300 & 1000 mcg. I hope they're not sold out.

ETA: Found it!

Last edited:

hotparatha

secretdiamond said:
I'm on the Puritan Pride website and I only see 300 & 1000 mcg. I hope they're not sold out.

Hi, If you do a search for "biotin" only it should show up as super biotin 5000mcg

KiniKakes

Okay ladies........ how about on the Puritan's Pride website, they now have the Super Biotin 5000 mcg (5 mg) on sale........ buy one bottle, get TWO free!!! :eek: You can buy the 60 capsule bottle ($8) or the 120 capsule bottle ($15).

I just ordered my three bottles!!! Shipping was pretty cheap, so my total order came to under $20. Shweeet!!!!! :grin:

Proudpiscean

KiniKakes said:
Okay ladies........ how about on the Puritan's Pride website, they now have the Super Biotin 5000 mcg (5 mg) on sale........ buy one bottle, get TWO free!!! :eek: You can buy the 60 capsule bottle ($8) or the 120 capsule bottle ($15).

I just ordered my three bottles!!! Shipping was pretty cheap, so my total order came to under $20. Shweeet!!!!! :grin:

Thanks for the tip! *off to the puritan's pride website*

ekomba

Candy_C said:

Hey Candy_C (lovely head of hair by the way!!!!!:D :) :p ) is the 5mg tablet a decent size? cause i take the 1000mcg one but 6 of them daily (6mg) and i like the fact that its small like skittles but i always finish my bottles real quick as i take 6 every day, i m really wondering if the 5mg is small enough it may save me time and money if i have to only swallow one biotin instead of 6!thanks girl i appreciate!:)

Proudpiscean

Ok.....I just went to the puritan pride's website and purchased the biotin & some horsetail too :lol: . That sale is great!! you can't beat buy 1 get 2 free :grin:

Honey6928215

I can't wait for my order. Lord, I hope mine don't take forever. I sent a money order. But couldn't pass up on the sale, though. How often do they have sales like this?

Tee

ekomba said:
Hey Candy_C (lovely head of hair by the way!!!!!:D :) :p ) is the 5mg tablet a decent size? cause i take the 1000mcg one but 6 of them daily (6mg) and i like the fact that its small like skittles but i always finish my bottles real quick as i take 6 every day, i m really wondering if the 5mg is small enough it may save me time and money if i have to only swallow one biotin instead of 6!thanks girl i appreciate!:)

Well, I am not Candy_C but I take 5mg Biotin from Vitamin Shoppe. It's very small and that is what I love about it. Smaller than a skittle and skinny. I would say it is just a tad bit longer than a tick tack.

**Edited to include link. They have a sale this month. Buy one get one Half off. Not bad. It's time for me to get more anyway.

They have a bottle of 120 for 14.39 and a bottle of 60 for 8.99.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1869

Last edited:

Tee

Ladies who ordered and received the Puritan Pride Biotin.......what size are the pills??

Ebonygurl00

The Puritan Pride biotin are not tiny. I bought mine earlier this year, but I keep slacking on them. They're skinny, to me, but longish. I have no problem swallowing them. Definitely not skittle-sized, though.

Tee

Ebonygurl00 said:
The Puritan Pride biotin are not tiny. I bought mine earlier this year, but I keep slacking on them. They're skinny, to me, but longish. I have no problem swallowing them. Definitely not skittle-sized, though.

Thanks so much for the reply. I guess with that being said, I will stick to what I have. I have enuff horsepills I am taking now. lol. I dont want to add anything bigger than what i have.

Ebonygurl00

Letitia said:
Thanks so much for the reply. I guess with that being said, I will stick to what I have. I have enuff horsepills I am taking now. lol. I dont want to add anything bigger than what i have.

You're welcome! Maybe you should try them, though. I probably have a warped sense of size, because I take mostly tiny pills, so the biotin seems big. I just took one, and it was a breeze swallowing it.

Islandgurrl

Which one are you guys taking?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The one on the right is the one I am taking; the one on the left is just one B vit (I use the time-release B-Complex 50 to help the biotin work better and for energy).

mjeffers2

How many of the 5mg Puritan Biotin are you taking a day? I take 2 a day, but is that too much or too little?

GoGoChik

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe in the Houston Galleria and I asked the person working there about Pilgrim's Pride Biotin and he said that Puritan's Pride and Vitamin Shoppe are the same company. So I bought the 5 mg of Vitamin Shoppe Biotin.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
mjeffers2 said:
How many of the 5mg Puritan Biotin are you taking a day? I take 2 a day, but is that too much or too little?
I only take one. It is water-soluble, so whatever the body does not need, it will flush out.

LondonDiva

LABETT said:
The Puritan Pride biotin did nothing for my hair glad to hear it worked for you.
Freeda Biotin has given me the best results its 10mg and worth every penny.

I use Freeda too. It's been a while since I've taken those. I think right now I'm gonna make a tropical fruit smoothie and add some liquid aminos to it, order some more MSM as I'm running low, and take my Nioxin and Freeda Biotin, cause I've been sooooo very lazy these past months and looking at Candy's album I am inspired to say the least.

hell I might snack on a can of tuna just plain for the hell of it...and keep my butt on the hair forum instead of the entertainment section because looking at pics of Bey day in day out is not helping my growth at all.:lachen:

Tee

GoGoChik said:
I went to the Vitamin Shoppe in the Houston Galleria and I asked the person working there about Pilgrim's Pride Biotin and he said that Puritan's Pride and Vitamin Shoppe are the same company. So I bought the 5 mg of Vitamin Shoppe Biotin.

This is the one I take and i love it. They are so small. :)

sweetpuff

I'm wondering how long did it take for you to recieve your products from puritan pride?
I made an order from vitaminworld.com august the 30th and I still did not recieve it. I'm kinda anxious.
Answer quick so I can order quicker!!! (PJ is officially released)

Last edited:

Candy_C

LADIES, AS U MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW

i'm on these yet again, after a long break

oh my god

THIS CRAWLING AND BRISTLING i skillin meee
i love it though :)

i'm post relaxer by a month, and these past 2 weeks, i have gained an inch in total since the middle of april

YIPPEE

i wish i could tell the whole world about biotin

one by one i WILLLL

i've got my best friend o nthem, and i told her, she will get itchign and crawling

after 7 days, she texted me and said "Cherie!!!n MY HEAD IS DIGGING ME MAAAAN" lol