more than 5mg of biotin??

ngaa

k, so i jus measured my hair and found out that i've gained an inch a month since startinmy vits in february and was wonderin if anyone here takin more than 5mg of biotin and how much growth they were receivin and also what brand they are usin coz i'm thinkin of upping my biotin dosage but dont want to do so only to get no extra growth

Armyqt

ngaa, I tke 5mg PP Biotin and my Vitol Great Hair has 3mg. So I get a total of 8mg a day. 3 weeks ago I relaxed my hair and measured and I was at 21 inches. Today I relaxed my hair again (see Hair Update thread) and had my friend measure and I was at 22 in. I don't think that I gained an inch in three weeks becuase some hair on my head wasn't processed the first time. But I would deifnitely venture to say that I gained about 1/2 in.

H

HoneyRockette

I used to take Vitaminshoppe's brand. That stuff did nothing at 1mg so I upped it to 2.5mg and it still did nothing. Then I upped it to 5mg and it did still nothing. Then I started taking 7.5mg and it STILL nothing so I upped it to 10mg and got a whole 1/4 inch more a month. I stopped taking it after three months because my hair growth slowed down again. This was years ago though. I heard Vitaminshoppe brand is better now. I don't care to try though. Just so you know I did actually give it time to work. I was on biotin 1mg for almost a year before I realized I hadn't had an increased rate of hair growth. I have to admit between 2.5 mg and 7.5 mg I only waited a month before upping the doses. I figured with all the biotin in my system already it shouldn't take the full 12 weeks to see results.

BronxDiva

I use to take GNC biotin and it did nothing for me though I was taking 1200 mcg a day. Now I take Solgar's Biotin 5,000 mcg a day and I got a 1/4 of an inch more in three weeks