That 5mg Puritan Pride Biotin Is NO JOKE!

Candy_C

Oh my, last week iwas complaining to myself, thinking that even though i have regrowth, i should have more for 8 weeks post (usually a couple of inches) whereas i had the standard 1 inch (1/2 inch per month) due to my lackof vitamin taking (i stopped for 4 weeks). anywho, last week monday i began back on my regime, and instead of the 1mg biotin i cracked open my 5mg PP biotin. i've bene taking the pp biotin/b50 complex and multi for just over a week and my hair growth has increased by what looks like 1/2 an ich, its as though my hairs caught up with the times..my nails...wow...they have shot UP completely. i had acrylics a few months ago and they didn't grow at ALL. in the past week they are nearly 1/2 an inch from the tip!!!:eek:

I took a progress pic last night and i really think i can reach waistlength by January 2007 (12 months from when istarted my vitamin regime properley). this 5mg biotin is noooo joke. the crawling, bristling business happened after about 4 days, but has now changed into a niggling tingling sensation. i haven't had any adverse effects, such as acne or anything, only LOTTTSS of energy (was dancing for nearly 10 hours straight last night at a club NON STOP) and mad growth. DOES anyone else take this?!

i will definately be midback after my next relaxer (sometime in September) because of this stuff. i mean the 1mg worked tremendousley, so i guess i actually needed more if it works better seen as excess is excreted in ma urine....they say the contraceptive pill can deplete the b vits so i guess its a supplement thats highly needed for peeps on BC

Last edited:

NeeSee

Thanks for telling me because I have some of this but I've been laxed about taking it. I'll start back. What Multi Vitamins are you taking?

WomanlyCharm

Hmmm, I bought a different brand, and I just started taking biotin yesterday (2500 mcg twice a day). I'm hoping for similar results...but one thing I'm curious about:

Will this cause extra hair growth in additional places, like the chin and face? :eek: That's one problem I don't need!

Candy_C

Adrian said:
Thanks for telling me because I have some of this but I've been laxed about taking it. I'll start back. What Multi Vitamins are you taking?

i take Holland And Barrets (owned by GNC) SUPER MULTI...

Attachments

• vitamin.JPG
    vitamin.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 90

Candy_C

WomanlyCharm said:
Hmmm, I bought a different brand, and I just started taking biotin yesterday (2500 mcg twice a day). I'm hoping for similar results...but one thing I'm curious about:

Will this cause extra hair growth in additional places, like the chin and face? :eek: That's one problem I don't need!

i haven't noticed any increased hair growth in other places as YET, the 1mg biotin increased the amount of eyebrow plucking, but leg hair, side hairs or arm hairs haven't increased or anything. but with me biotin has always went straight to ma head. if i did notice any scary hair though, i would either simply lighten them or pluck em. UNLESS i got a beard!:eek:

Cayenne0622

I am soooooooooooo JEALOUS! I tried taking Biotin (bought it out of Target) and I broke out pretty bad. I ended up with like 5 big ol zits on the right side of my chin. It was awful and now I have dark spots to battle with. I had to stop taking them. That hurt my heart. I wonder if it depends on the brand? I can't risk the acne. Any alternatives I can take? I've been taking prenatals for a while because it has the iron, zinc, etc. that I need. GNC has a prenatal that has biotin in it. I think its called FutureBiotics or something like that. Maybe I'll try those after I'm done with my current bottle of prenatals.

Glad your hair is doing so wondefully. It sure is beautiful.

MizaniMami

I take rexall brand (from walmart) 5000 mcgs and I tell ya it sure ain't no joke!

I am thinking of adding MSM powder again and also horsetail.

Candy if you make it to WSL by Jan. you would be doing the impossible. You would have made it to SL to WSL in about one year. That is the bomb! And I KNOW you can do it.

Keep going sis, we are routing for you!!!!

Candy_C

Thanks hun (mizanimami)! :)

I take the PP biotin once per day, usually after breakfast. i will start the flaxseed again in the winter (which will be sooner than later - summer has GONE!) which helped my hair too.

i woul love to be able to do the msm but jeeze my skin looked disgusting and its messed up my periods till THIS VERY DAY.

Doll

Candy_C said:
Thanks hun (mizanimami)! :)

I take the PP biotin once per day, usually after breakfast. i will start the flaxseed again in the winter (which will be sooner than later - summer has GONE!) which helped my hair too.

i woul love to be able to do the msm but jeeze my skin looked disgusting and its messed up my periods till THIS VERY DAY.

I am going through that as well! I have also decided to nix the MSM :(. Thanks for the info regarding biotin. I just ordered some from the PP site :).

secretdiamond

hmmm..... sounds interesting. Did anyone get 'extra' unwanted body hair from taking biotin? That's what I've been afraid of with biotin.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I was thinking of taking this brand after my Solgar ones run out, I haven't seen a significant amout of growth from them or the Spring Valley biotin. I shoud have just bought them last winter like I started but I try to avoid ordering online as much as I can. But I sure will be ordering these b4 the sale is over hopefully. I know those Nioxins have my head tingling away, I dont' know what the two of them will do if they hook up, :lol: .

I read in my Prescription for Nutritional healing book that one can take 50mg 3x per day. I'm trying to find where I read you can take 100mg a day. That is a lot of biotin/pills!...

LABETT

The Puritan Pride biotin did nothing for my hair glad to hear it worked for you.
Freeda Biotin has given me the best results its 10mg and worth every penny.

Tee

I take the 5mg of Biotin and I have seen results from it. I take the Vitamin Shoppe brand. I think they cost about 11.95. I was afraid to take the 5mg at first but it never once broke me out. I really like this stuff!

KiniKakes

Has anyone ever used the Jarrow Formulas brand of biotin? I see they have a 5 mg bottle with 100 capsules, free shipping, on eBay. Just wondering if it will be as effective as the Puritan Pride brand........?

kristie21

I have a question cause I didn't see an answer when someone asked b4...does Biotin actually thinken your hair through the shaft or just the new growth? It may seem like a silly question but I just ordered some today and I'm trying to read all of these posts to see what I can expect.

LadyJay114

WomanlyCharm said:

this was my problem... when I was taking biotin, hair was growing everywhere except on top of my head :perplexed

KiniKakes

I just started 5 mg of the GNC Biotin 2500 mcg (taking it twice a day). I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

ONAMSHN

So is all Biotin not created equally? Let me clarify a little more :). I mean have some seen more growth from one brand than another even if the dosage is the same?

kristie21

Its seems like now is the time to order your Puritan Pride 5000mcg Biotin because I made my buy 1 get 2 free purchase online last wednesday and the box came yesterday with 6 bottles :eek: . I thought they made a mistake but the order slip clearly stated 3 bottles. Just wanted to share. ;)

Candy_C

lol, woah..i need to stock up!

well i've reached midback 3 months earlier than i thought with this stuff!

secretdiamond

Candy_C said:
lol, woah..i need to stock up!

well i've reached midback 3 months earlier than i thought with this stuff!
wow! Congrats! This thread and the sale is having me itching to buy this! I'm just scared of the unwanted hair.

Candy_C

its excellent! i am thinking about stopping the "hide ur hair till xmas" challenge as i really wanna post up my pics...i'm relaxing next week so i will give up the challenge then :( sorry fellow challengers

i take one pill per day
with my b50 complex

i then take a multi in the nighttime..

when it gets cold again i will also take my flaxseed oil...