10mg of biotin

Amour

I've been thinking recently to maximising the amount of biotin I take from 5mg to 10mg for extra hair growth; but before I do so I want to see whether it would be worth it.

Ladies, those of you who take 10mg or more, have you noticed faster growth than when you took less? If so what was the difference? and what dosages were you taking?

Also, are there any side effects for taking this much biotin, if so what are they?

TIA

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Contact Candy_C for her view on Puritan Pride's Super Biotin. Because of her praises, I purchased PP Super Biotin and take 5,000 mcg.

Here's what I feel about this:

1. First, as with any B vitamin, take all B's as once to get the most effective results. In other words, I have Pantothenic Acid (B5), B Complex-50, and PP Super Biotin. I take all B's together with no side effects and no breakouts whatsoever. In fact, my skin is glowing, clear and radiant. Take your B's together. This helps to ward off breakouts, especially with water. Which brings me to...

2. Second, increase your water intake. If you weigh 140 lbs, you should be drinking at least 70 ounces of water. Drink 1/2 of your body weight daily and more if you can. DRINK TONS OF WATER!!!! ;)

3. Thirdly, B vitamins are notorious for making skin and nails thick and beautiful. My testimony: I've had to redo my nails every two weeks rather than once a month. My nails are so thick and grow like crazy. I wish my hair would grow just as fast. But according to Candy_C, she got crazy growth from taking PP Super Biotin. And KiniKakes and others reported thicker hair.

Finally, I think someone (perhaps Candy_C) reported that vitamins like B and MSM work better when taken right before bedtime. I've been doing this daily to see if there are effects.

For Puritan Pride's super sale on Super Biotin and other vitamins/supplements, go here:

www.puritan.com

Enjoy the 2 for 1 Summer Sale! :clapping:

Good luck!

SP ;)

Last edited:

DivaRox

Okay, I started taking 5mg at the recommendation of my derm last fall. I told my co worker about it and she increased the dosage to 10 mg about 6 months ago. Her hair was always super thin, kinda see through and really fine(okay thin) Now she stretches her relaxers and this along with the biotin has her hair super thick. She is in braids( I've got her hiding her hair only she doesn't know that because I don't want to unleash all of my LHCF lingo on her:D ) but her roots are SUPER thick and I know for a fact they weren't before. So not sure about how fast her growth is now as compared to before but she and now her mom SWEAR by biotin 10 mg.

gymfreak336

All the ladies gave good advice. The only thing I want to add is that with biotin, rotate brands. Freeda makes a super 12.5mg biotin that I rotate with my puritans pride. Biotin sometimes has to be manipulated to get continous results and rotating brands is a good way to do it.

queenspence

I tried to take 10mg of biotin but my face broke out really, really badly. I took awhile for it to clear up. I have always had really clear, smooth skin so this was horrible for me. I wiuld suggest starting with 1mg and increasing to maybe 3-5mg depending on what works for you.

sareca

I take 6 mg/day. I stopped for about 6 months and I could tell the difference in certain areas.

Last edited:

divinefavor

gymfreak336 said:
All the ladies gave good advice. The only thing I want to add is that with biotin, rotate brands. Freeda makes a super 12.5mg biotin that I rotate with my puritans pride. Biotin sometimes has to be manipulated to get continous results and rotating brands is a good way to do it.

How often should you rotate brands?

Empress Yahudah

I hav ebeen working my way up to 10mg...im at 7mg...now ..... i got break out at 4- or 5 mg but went away in 2 weeks ...i dont get break outs anymore...and I def see a difference in my hair thickness....and startin gto get the folic action now that i take it and the B50 complex at bedtime