Best vitiman combos....!!!!!!!post here....

gymfreak336

Candy_C said:
Arr do you do this too?

It really helps with the toilet thing

and the dehydration.

if i take biotin in the day, my mouth gets so darn dry

at night, i swallow my vitamins with a glass of water and sleep

and i have the most HILAROUS dreams that are so vivid

I get the best growth when I take mine right before bed. I like to decompress at night with some tea so I take it then. 5mg of biotin with a 50mg b-complex.

Candy_C

loreal99 said:
Candy...Do you order all of your vitamins from Puritan Pride?

nope, just my biotin

all other vits are holland and barrets

they are very high quality ad have great offers!

i agree with gymfreak

flaxseed (linseed) oil comes i nsooo many varieties

stick to the well known brands when it comes to oils

lizjoseph

gymfreak336 said:
I get the best growth when I take mine right before bed. I like to decompress at night with some tea so I take it then. 5mg of biotin with a 50mg b-complex.

Hey Gymfreak,

What's the difference between B-50, B-100, and B- 125? I see all these different ones and am wondering if the higher the number, the stronger it is? I'm not sure. Does it specifically have to be B-50?

lizjoseph

Candy_C said:
i've personally taken b-100

and it was rubbish

there has to be more biotin than b-vits

So as long as I'm taking more biotin than B vitmains, it doesn't matter what the dosage for the B- vitamin is....as long as I'm getting more Biotin....right?

tnorenberg

Candy_C said:
biotin

b50complex

flaxseed oil

multi vitamijn

hands down, best combo..no more no less

So, thinking about water solubility..which ones are better at night and which ones for day ? D= multi vit N=silica, msm, Vit C, Biotin, B50, flackseed?

Amour

GymFreak & Candy_C

Thanks a bunch

smooches

i got a b-50 complex
ordered my 5000 mcg biotin
got my womans multi
got my flaxseed oil in the fridge but cant bring myself to consume that anymore, its been in there a while as well now so i'm too scared to try it
eta: and I wash them down with my vit c drink (tablet that you dissolve in water)

Last edited:

hOnii

Candy_C said:
biotin

b50complex

flaxseed oil

multi vitamijn

hands down, best combo..no more no less

Thanks! Although i'm kind of scared to up my biotin intake to 5mg... I currently take 1mg and I have more break outs than I had before. I don't know whether its the biotin or the msm. So you wouldn't recommend MSM along with that combo?

gymfreak336

lizjoseph said:
Hey Gymfreak,

What's the difference between B-50, B-100, and B- 125? I see all these different ones and am wondering if the higher the number, the stronger it is? I'm not sure. Does it specifically have to be B-50?

The difference is the amount of B-vitamins. You are right, the higher the number the stronger it is. I personally do not take anything out of a b-50 because it really isn't needed. You burn more b's durning times of stress and extreme physical exertion. B-50 is really already alot so takeing 100mg at one time just seems like overkill for me. Now when I am stressed, like the last two weeks before finals or what have you, I might take 2 B-50. Like one in the morning and one at night. Another reason why I don't venture into taking B-100 and B-125 is that, if I do, I have to up my biotin intake some more and I would be getting way to much folic acid. Many B-100 formulas have 800mcg of folic acid which is alot. I get enough from my diet so adding 800mcg to it on top of the 300-450 I get through what I eat is pushing it. You shouldn't consume more than 1,100-1,200 mcg a day for a short period of time. I would have to increase my biotin intake because B-s work better in balance and the b-complex formulas out now do not have large amounts of Biotin. I also do not take B-100 or B-125 because large amounts ( I mean LARGE) of certain B-vitamins over a long period of time can cause nerve damage. Taking B-100 or B-125 every day, on top of what I get from food could put me in the danger zone after a year or so. Taking more won't help my hair grow any faster so I leave it at B-50. B-50 is enough for majority of people to see the benefical results of vitamin B therapy.

gymfreak336

hOnii said:
Thanks! Although i'm kind of scared to up my biotin intake to 5mg... I currently take 1mg and I have more break outs than I had before. I don't know whether its the biotin or the msm. So you wouldn't recommend MSM along with that combo?

If you are noticing more break outs, keep taking what you are taking now. Increase your water intake and see if your breakouts subside in a month or so. If they do you can either add a little msm, or increase Biotin. I wouldn't do both at one time if you are breaking out now.

Candy_C

gymfreak336 said:
The difference is the amount of B-vitamins. You are right, the higher the number the stronger it is. I personally do not take anything out of a b-50 because it really isn't needed. You burn more b's durning times of stress and extreme physical exertion. B-50 is really already alot so takeing 100mg at one time just seems like overkill for me. Now when I am stressed, like the last two weeks before finals or what have you, I might take 2 B-50. Like one in the morning and one at night. Another reason why I don't venture into taking B-100 and B-125 is that, if I do, I have to up my biotin intake some more and I would be getting way to much folic acid. Many B-100 formulas have 800mcg of folic acid which is alot. I get enough from my diet so adding 800mcg to it on top of the 300-450 I get through what I eat is pushing it. You shouldn't consume more than 1,100-1,200 mcg a day for a short period of time. I would have to increase my biotin intake because B-s work better in balance and the b-complex formulas out now do not have large amounts of Biotin. I also do not take B-100 or B-125 because large amounts ( I mean LARGE) of certain B-vitamins over a long period of time can cause nerve damage. Taking B-100 or B-125 every day, on top of what I get from food could put me in the danger zone after a year or so. Taking more won't help my hair grow any faster so I leave it at B-50. B-50 is enough for majority of people to see the benefical results of vitamin B therapy.

^gymfreak said it perfectly

Candy_C

lizjoseph said:
So as long as I'm taking more biotin than B vitmains, it doesn't matter what the dosage for the B- vitamin is....as long as I'm getting more Biotin....right?

too high your will be wasting alot of these in urine...

stick to 1mg biotin or 5mg with b50 complex across the whole...and your hair will flourish - seriously

and take take too many hair pills

too many vitamins and you will have little progress

a friend of mine take 7 pillsa day

kelp
silica
biotin
b50
perfectil

her hair grows slow

gymfreak336

tnorenberg said:
So, thinking about water solubility..which ones are better at night and which ones for day ? D= multi vit N=silica, msm, Vit C, Biotin, B50, flackseed?

Take your multi with food during the day. If you are taking MSM, spread your dose out during the day with meals and take it with vitamin C. Take flaxseed during the day with any meal that has some fat in it to help absorbtion. If you are taking 5mg of Biotin (in one capsule) take it at night with 1 cap. of B-50. If you take 10mg of Biotin, take 1 in the morning and the other at night with the b50.

lizjoseph

Candy C and Gymfreak you guys ROCK!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :D :D :dance7: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm about to checkout GNC since they have a buy one get one 50% off sale, as well as Puritan Pride that still has their Buy 1 get 2 FREE sale.

gymfreak336

lizjoseph said:
Candy C and Gymfreak you guys ROCK!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!
:grin: :grin: :grin: :D :D :dance7: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm about to checkout GNC since they have a buy one get one 50% off sale, as well as Puritan Pride that still has their Buy 1 get 2 FREE sale.

You are very welcome. PM me if you have anyother questions.

Amour

gymfreak336 said:

it's all making PERFECT sense now... my biotin started to stop working for me but I wasn't sure why but I've been taking two dosages of b-50 so I see that this could have been the culprit

eta:
I want want Candy_C has i.e. fast hair growth and OK nail growth

gymfreak336

klb120475 said:
Co-signing! Ya'll are brilliant!!!!

Girl, its just trial and error. I am still learning. I am taking a biochem. course this fall and I hope to gain some more tidbits to share with yall.

lizjoseph

OK. So I just went to Puritan's Pride website and placed my order. Guess what? With their sale I am now about to get 3 bottles of the Super Biotin with 5000mcg (5MG) and 3 Bottles of B- 50 for only 17.98!! The shipping is only 3.95. My total was $21.93 for 6 bottles of vitamins!. Get em while they still last ladies!!
:dance7:

shunta

Paging Doctors Candy_C and Gymfreak!!:)

You girls are on top of it today! Gone head wit y'all bad selves!:lol:

divinefavor

Here's my vitamin intake;

I've been taking MSM for almost a year now and I don't think it's working as much anymore. Up until recently, I was taking 1tsp a day. Now, I am starting to take 1/2 tsp a day. After reading this thread it sounds like I should be splitting up the dosage throughout the day. I've been taking it all at once in the morning mixed with water. I also take 1 tbsp. of Flaxseed oil every day. However, I've never been consistent with it because I can't stand the taste and can't find ways to make it taste better. So, I've been adding to a glass of orange juice every morning, but some it settles at the bottom and I end up gagging if I drink all the way to the end. Well, I think I've found a solution to this. On Monday I went to Nutrition Depot and bought a bottle of Omega-3 Oil. The oil consists of Flaxseed, Borage Oil and Fish oil and it's lemon flavored. This tastes much better and I'm able to hold it under my tongue and chase it with juice in the mornings without gagging :lol:

I also just started taking a multivitamin again about a month ago. I started out with a Buried Treasures High Potency liquid vitamin since some pills make me constipated, but I noticed that I was breaking out (perhaps due to the biotion that was in it) with huge bumps on the sides of my face. I finished out the bottle last week and bought another Multivitamin but this time in pill form from Trader Joe's and so far so good. Is there anything else I should be adding to my vitamin regimen? I hate popping a lot of pills. My multi has Biotin in it, but I'm not sure if it's enough. If I remember correctly it has about 300-600 mcg's.

ChasingBliss

gymfreak336 said:
You are very right. "sleeping on water soluable vitamins" makes them much more effective, especially if you were taking it for awhile and saw no change.

Yep, I remember you were saying this in another thread so I decided to change things around and take my biotin (10mgs) pill at night before bed.

I hope to see even more of an improvement now.

ChasingBliss

Candy_C said:
That siggy IS NICE!!

thankyou (xx)

Yes, i think taking added biotin and b's aswell as the additional b's in the multi is needed...

The more b's and the more biotin, the longer hair and nails will grow

you may find that your nails are growing and the hair is not...i see this as a sign that more biotin is needed

I have it the other way round, nails grow OK and hair grows fast, as i now have puritan pride biotin - 5mg - more than my normal 1mg.

You will get plenty of sulphur this way, and my skin is GLOWING.

Yes, your hair is definitely growing fast.... I've known for a long time that extra biotin in what some call "theraputic doses" was safe to do, I just didnt know too much about the other Bs. Thanks for the info.

Amour

divinefavor said:
Here's my vitamin intake;

I can't stand the taste and can't find ways to make it taste better. So, I've been adding to a glass of orange juice every morning, but some it settles at the bottom and I end up gagging if I drink all the way to the end. Well, I think I've found a solution to this. On Monday I went to Nutrition Depot and bought a bottle of Omega-3 Oil. The oil consists of Flaxseed, Borage Oil and Fish oil and it's lemon flavored. This tastes much better and I'm able to hold it under my tongue and chase it with juice in the mornings without gagging :lol:

Think I will look out for this b/c I cant take my flax either... even when I mix it with something the oil separates and I can still taste it..