Best vitiman combos....!!!!!!!post here....

Hidden_Angel

:) I'm starting back on my crackpot of vitmans and i want to know what are some of the best combos to get the most out of your vitman combo...

C

chica_canella

:) I bought Robins Super Hair vitamins and take two a day with a multivitamin and I'm good to go.

gymfreak336

Hidden_Angel said:
:) I'm starting back on my crackpot of vitmans and i want to know what are some of the best combos to get the most out of your vitman combo...

Best Bang for your buck

Well, if you commit to eating 3-4 servings of fruit and 4-5 servings of veggies a day and eat a wide variety of nuts every day, you can ommit a multi-vitamin if you have to for cost.

For growth- 50mg of B-complex and 5mg of biotin. B vitamins help increase the growth cycle so you can gain more inches. They also help increase the diameter of the hair so it can get a little thicker.

For Texture- 1500 mg of msm 2-3 times a day. Save money by taking it while eating fruit or drinking vitamin fortifed juice (if you do) so you can get the vitamin C needed to help make it more effective. They also have orange juice with added glucosamine. If you consume oj on a regular, buy this kind and get an extra source of sulfur as well.

Softness and overall texture- For this you need omega fatty acids. One of my fav. combos is- 1000mg of Flaxseed oil and 500mg of borage oil. Take them in a 3-1 ratio. You can buy these in big jars for good prices at purtains pride. If you commit to eating fish 2-3 times a week, then you will get more and some DHA. Replace your regular pastas with barilla plus and get more too. If you make a small (15-20 pieces) snack of walnuts a daily habit, then you can take less flaxseed if you have too. If you want to go one step further, buy the flaxseed oil and borage oil in liquid form to get much much much more omega 3's for you buck. If they taste nasty to you, buy the lemon flavored kind and chase it with ice tea. Trust me, it tastes like lemon ice tea. I could never take them alone until I did this.

Thickness- 50mg of b-complex and a protein shake. Extra protein does help (in some people) increase thickness of hair and increase growth. If you are afraid of adding extra calories just think about this; You can make a protein shake using 1 cup of fat free milk and one scoop of powder. For most protein powders, that should run you 90-120 calories. The milk will have between 80-90 so all in all, 170-210 calories. A can or a bottle of soda has just as many with NO nutrition. If you want a yummy hair friendly breakfast, have a protein shake, small bowl of oatmeal (full of B-vitamins and iron), spice it up with a little honey and cinnamon and if you have it, a small spoonful of canned pumpkin. You will have had a nice dose of fiber, protein, vitamin a and plenty of b vitamins and a little iron. ;) You can actually add a couple of chopped sugared walnuts on top for some omega 3's.

ChasingBliss

gymfreak336 said:
Best Bang for your buck

Well, if you commit to eating 3-4 servings of fruit and 4-5 servings of veggies a day and eat a wide variety of nuts every day, you can ommit a multi-vitamin if you have to for cost.

For growth- 50mg of B-complex and 5mg of biotin. B vitamins help increase the growth cycle so you can gain more inches. They also help increase the diameter of the hair so it can get a little thicker.

For Texture- 1500 mg of msm 2-3 times a day. Save money by taking it while eating fruit or drinking vitamin fortifed juice (if you do) so you can get the vitamin C needed to help make it more effective. They also have orange juice with added glucosamine. If you consume oj on a regular, buy this kind and get an extra source of sulfur as well.

Softness and overall texture- For this you need omega fatty acids. One of my fav. combos is- 1000mg of Flaxseed oil and 500mg of borage oil. Take them in a 3-1 ratio. You can buy these in big jars for good prices at purtains pride. If you commit to eating fish 2-3 times a week, then you will get more and some DHA. Replace your regular pastas with barilla plus and get more too. If you make a small (15-20 pieces) snack of walnuts a daily habit, then you can take less flaxseed if you have too. If you want to go one step further, buy the flaxseed oil and borage oil in liquid form to get much much much more omega 3's for you buck. If they taste nasty to you, buy the lemon flavored kind and chase it with ice tea. Trust me, it tastes like lemon ice tea. I could never take them alone until I did this.

Thickness- 50mg of b-complex and a protein shake. Extra protein does help (in some people) increase thickness of hair and increase growth. If you are afraid of adding extra calories just think about this; You can make a protein shake using 1 cup of fat free milk and one scoop of powder. For most protein powders, that should run you 90-120 calories. The milk will have between 80-90 so all in all, 170-210 calories. A can or a bottle of soda has just as many with NO nutrition. If you want a yummy hair friendly breakfast, have a protein shake, small bowl of oatmeal (full of B-vitamins and iron), spice it up with a little honey and cinnamon and if you have it, a small spoonful of canned pumpkin. You will have had a nice dose of fiber, protein, vitamin a and plenty of b vitamins and a little iron. ;) You can actually add a couple of chopped sugared walnuts on top for some omega 3's.

Great info, thanks for sharing this. Broken down just the way I need it.

starfish79

gymfreak336 said:
Best Bang for your buck

:eek: WOW thanks for the great info, I was just sitting here wondering if my vitamin combo was really effective. You gave some great advice, thanks!!

C

chica_canella

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Great info, thanks for sharing this. Broken down just the way I need it.

Awwww, I love your siggy painting. so beautiful and romantic.:D

tarheelgurl

I am in love with the Alive powdered vitamin at Wholefoods. It has 16g of protein, and the equivilant to all the vitamins plus some in the GNC women's complete.

ChasingBliss

Candy_C said:
biotin

b50complex

flaxseed oil

multi vitamijn

hands down, best combo..no more no less
Hey Candy_C :wave:

So are you saying that it's ok to take B50 along with a multi that may already offer the Bs?

OT: Your hair has grown so long and beautiful. You are doing an excellent job! Keep up the good work.

Candy_C

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Hey Candy_C :wave:

So are you saying that it's ok to take B50 along with a multi that may already offer the Bs?

OT: Your hair has grown so long and beautiful. You are doing an excellent job! Keep up the good work.

That siggy IS NICE!!

thankyou (xx)

Yes, i think taking added biotin and b's aswell as the additional b's in the multi is needed...

The more b's and the more biotin, the longer hair and nails will grow

you may find that your nails are growing and the hair is not...i see this as a sign that more biotin is needed

I have it the other way round, nails grow OK and hair grows fast, as i now have puritan pride biotin - 5mg - more than my normal 1mg.

You will get plenty of sulphur this way, and my skin is GLOWING.

Amour

Candy_C said:
That siggy IS NICE!!

thankyou (xx)

Yes, i think taking added biotin and b's aswell as the additional b's in the multi is needed...

The more b's and the more biotin, the longer hair and nails will grow

you may find that your nails are growing and the hair is not...i see this as a sign that more biotin is needed

I have it the other way round, nails grow OK and hair grows fast, as i now have puritan pride biotin - 5mg - more than my normal 1mg.

You will get plenty of sulphur this way, and my skin is GLOWING.

Hey Candy_C where do you get your puritan pride from in the UK? The holland & barrett's highest dosage is like 1mg so I would have to take 5 a day..

dillard

great thread, I've been doing searches trying to round up different vitamins, but what i really needed to know is which ones work well TOGETHER.

gymfreak thanx so much, i gotta print that out!!

and candy_c that sounds like a good combo.

from what i've read, i'm thinking of doing:

biotin 4000mcg
udo's choice oil blend (for fatty acids--contains high quality organic flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame, vitamin E, other good stuff)
multi vitamin

i was considering doing msm but since it is mainly for texture and since i'm relaxing my hair and changing it's natural texture anyway, that doesn't seem as important to me. right now, i don't have a hard time handling my NG, but if that changes, maybe i'll consider it.

Candy_C

KissKiss said:
Hey Candy_C where do you get your puritan pride from in the UK? The holland & barrett's highest dosage is like 1mg so I would have to take 5 a day..

woah! no way, ebay my dear

i have been buying off a guy called cyber_baul for a few months, £5 p+p and £5 for 120 5mg tabs!!!! altogether £10 when its like £7 for 100 1mg in holland and b's!!

Candy_C

dillard said:
great thread, I've been doing searches trying to round up different vitamins, but what i really needed to know is which ones work well TOGETHER.

gymfreak thanx so much, i gotta print that out!!

and candy_c that sounds like a good combo.

from what i've read, i'm thinking of doing:

biotin 4000mg
udo's choice oil blend (for fatty acids--contains high quality organic flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame, vitamin E, other good stuff)
multi vitamin

i was considering doing msm but since it is mainly for texture and since i'm relaxing my hair and changing it's natural texture anyway, that doesn't seem as important to me. right now, i don't have a hard time handling my NG, but if that changes, maybe i'll consider it.

dillard dont forget your b vitamins, the biotin wont work very well without it - promise -

Amour

Candy_C said:
woah! no way, ebay my dear

i have been buying off a guy called cyber_baul for a few months, £5 p+p and £5 for 120 5mg tabs!!!! altogether £10 when its like £7 for 100 1mg in holland and b's!!

thats what i'm talking about :grin:

thanks ;)

Candy_C

KissKiss said:
Is the brand important? I couldn't find Puritan Pride but I found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Biotin-5-mg-300-Biotin-is-a-water-soluble-B-Vit_W0QQitemZ150115174592QQihZ005QQcategoryZ21561QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

which is 300 tablets £7.99 with £4.99 shipping

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Puritans-Pride-BIOTIN-Hair-5000-mcg-120-Capsules_W0QQitemZ290122549777QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1279QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

here is the puritan pride 5mg hun

i'm not sure of the brand you posted. i can only recommend what i've tried already hun. 2 friends with 4a and one with 3c/4a hair have tried this brand with more thickness and growth

Candy_C

loreal99 said:
Candy, How often per day to take you vits.

just 1 biotin and 1 b-complex before bed

they work better for me in the night

maybe cos i'm not losing it in the toilet at night whereas in the day i'm peeing the vitamins out every 5 hours or so

gymfreak336

Candy_C said:
just 1 biotin and 1 b-complex before bed

they work better for me in the night

maybe cos i'm not losing it in the toilet at night whereas in the day i'm peeing the vitamins out every 5 hours or so

You are very right. "sleeping on water soluable vitamins" makes them much more effective, especially if you were taking it for awhile and saw no change.

gymfreak336

dillard said:
right right! i forgot. yes, and 50mg B-complex...thanx!! :)

Candy is right. B vitamins all work together so when you take a large amount of one, you need to up your intake of the others.

Candy_C

gymfreak336 said:
You are very right. "sleeping on water soluable vitamins" makes them much more effective, especially if you were taking it for awhile and saw no change.

Arr do you do this too?

It really helps with the toilet thing

and the dehydration.

if i take biotin in the day, my mouth gets so darn dry

at night, i swallow my vitamins with a glass of water and sleep

and i have the most HILAROUS dreams that are so vivid

gymfreak336

SvelteVelvet said:
gymfreak you're awesome!!

*Blushing*

I have bought enough vitamins and tried everything so I hope I learned something in my trial and error. I think that alot of the time people see the list of "hair" vitamins and feel that they have to run out and buy all of them in order to see results. Truth is slow and steady (in terms of experimenting) is better. Its nicer on your wallet and you body, especially if your digestive system and can be tempermental like mine is.

I also wanted to add that another way to save money is to know when to spend it. In comparison to vitamin brands and companies, there are a handful of manufacturing centers that make them. Basically, one company might make the flaxseed capsules and sell shares of it to different vitamin companies which turn around and package it under many different names. Research a company to see if the manufactor there own stuff before you buy. Usually, that changes the cost. Since majority of the b-complex out is made by a couple of factories, why pay 20 bucks for a bottle of b-complex where the sister brand has if for half of the price. Spend money on quality flaxseed and borage oil, especially if you use the liquid kind. They taste better and last longer. Not to mention they are more likely to be flavored and that helps a WHOLE lot. Spend money on your multi. It can take some time to find a multi that jives with your body chemistry so when you find one you like, stick to it. Purtains pride also knocks off many popular formulas. For example, Solgar makes a multi called Earthsource. Kal has a version of that called Enhanced Energy. Puritans pride also has a version of it too called green source. I tried all three and I ended up sticking with the kal one but for many people, puritans pride knockoffs work find. I encourage you to try one of the knockoffs (if they have it for the formula you like) because it can save you a ton of money.