Bentonite Clay???

Dlewis26

I was watching you-tube and I saw some naturals using Bentonite Clay. Has anyone one used this before? If so do you have any recipes or do you just mix with water?

empressri

If you saw my vid, you'll see that I mix with water and marshmallow root powder. Once I infused the marshmallow root and made a tea with it and mixed that into the bentonite clay cause I didn't have the powder.

You can use any herb with it though. Another option is to use half coconut milk, half water. If you use all coconut milk it may weigh your hair down too much. It's even a bit much for my thick hair.

Dlewis26

Thanks! I will watch your video, because the one that I saw already had the clay mixed and didn't say what she added to the mixture.

Hmmm... never thought of coconut milk. Been using Apple Cider Vinegar. Does the coconut milk make the hair feel oily by any chance?

redecouvert

i've also done a bentonite clay and i loove it!!
as soon as my babies locks are more mature, i'll integrate them to my regimen..
i have pictures in my fotki..but next time i won't be using coconut milk because my hair doesn't seem to like it
i'll use a herbal infusion

I watched Ri and Jenn's videos
MJ has recently blogged about it!!
check out her post here

sunshinne368

Bentonite Clay is part of my new reggie! I have some in my hair now! Today I added irish moss and ACV! I love the way it make my hair feel! My consistency is similar to my henna, like a paste (yogurt). I hope this helps!

sunshinne368

If you saw my vid, you'll see that I mix with water and marshmallow root powder. Once I infused the marshmallow root and made a tea with it and mixed that into the bentonite clay cause I didn't have the powder.

You can use any herb with it though. Another option is to use half coconut milk, half water. If you use all coconut milk it may weigh your hair down too much. It's even a bit much for my thick hair.

I love your hair! Our hair is very similar! Your video was great too!

mj11051

I try to use this at least 3 times per month and I usually make it with a marshmallow root tea or organic coconut milk. It leaves your hair very clean without stripping. For naturals it makes our curls pop like mad, and all I need after wards is a leave in and some moisture. I also mix mine with organic spinach powder for it"s excellent source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.

The leaves contain Protein, Iron, Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Sodium, Folic Acid, Manganese, Calcium, Phosphorus, Sodium, Beta-carotene, Potassium, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Carotenoids, Niacin, Chlorophyll, Antioxidants, Lutein, Phytochemicals, and Lipoic acid.