Bentonite Clay.

jerseygirl1977

I used it this weekend. Although it's messy, I didnt have any issues with clogged drains or anything. I loved how it made my hair look and feel. I used ACV and mixed everything in a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
On occasion I will mix Rhassoul, bentonite and Australian pink clay. Fantastically clean and soft coils afterwards even if I used grease. No complaints or clogged drains. I make it thinner than yogurt.

Amarilles

I use rhassoul, normally 2-3 TB of clay, 2TB EVOO and 8oz of water. Sometimes I add 3 melted cocoa butter chips and a squirt of honey. I both cleanse and DC with this same mix.

I do the consistency very liquidy because my hair cannot stand thick/heavy things. I also don't think clay has the minerals to clarify hair, my clay mix cleanses my hair well but when there's build up I use diluted shampoo. The clay has been amaziiing for my scalp flakes and oily face, it really balances me out. Loveeee!

Honey Bee

Smiley79, It's really just like putting on conditioner. If you use white colored clay, ie, bentonite, you don't have to worry about it looking like a scene from CSI in your bathroom. :lol:

niecy8892

I tried this yesterday & was soooo disappointed! I really wanted to like this but I didn't see the results I was hoping for :( My hair did come out nice & clean but it felt so dry and my ends were horrible. I followed up with some Aussie 3 Min Miracle to soften my hair. It helped while I kept it in but when I rinsed, my hair was back to feeling dry! Even after I LOCd it still didn't feel right :( I'll try once more before I ditch this method, maybe I'll switch to rhassoul clay. I'll post back afterwards with results.

faithVA

I tried this yesterday & was soooo disappointed! I really wanted to like this but I didn't see the results I was hoping for :( My hair did come out nice & clean but it felt so dry and my ends were horrible. I followed up with some Aussie 3 Min Miracle to soften my hair. It helped while I kept it in but when I rinsed, my hair was back to feeling dry! Even after I LOCd it still didn't feel right :( I'll try once more before I ditch this method, maybe I'll switch to rhassoul clay. I'll post back afterwards with results.

Try rhassoul. Bentonite doesn't agree with everyone's hair. You would have to add more oil to counteract the drying affect of bentonite.

GGsKin

When I first used Bentonite clay last year, I would mix it very thick so that is pasted my hair to my head like a relaxer. The mix was clay, water and ACV- can't remember the ratios but it was way thick. I didn't use it often as I didn't wash my hair often, but I liked the results because my hair and scalp felt cleansed although I didn't notice clumping of any form. Since starting Max Hydration Method in September, my mix is a lot looser- like batter. And in addition to the ACV and a lot more water, I now add a spoonful of honey, olive oil and half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I really work it into my scalp and hair. I also cover with a shower cap so it doesn't dry out. I leave mine on for an hr+. This mix is amazeballs for my hair and my blemished cheeks (from spot picking) are no more. Any mess that is made, wipes clean in no time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-24.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-45-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-45-51.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 63

Solila

I started back using it weekly 2 months ago, now every 3-4wks since I keep my hair in twists. :love:
Hey hunny. Funny. I'm in Marley twists right now. And I'm about to take them out in a few days after having them for a month. Does this clay really work? I bought it cause I've been seeing on YouTube it's a great DC. I know I, gonna need that after I take these twists out.

MizzBFly

Hey hunny. Funny. I'm in Marley twists right now. And I'm about to take them out in a few days after having them for a month. Does this clay really work? I bought it cause I've been seeing on YouTube it's a great DC. I know I, gonna need that after I take these twists out.
Yes it's very moisturizing. My version is very liquid like watered down batter and I only use ACV as the mixer. I just did a treatment on Sunday & kept it on for 30min. I never feel a DC is necessary afterwards. I'm putting in my twists tomorrow though so it'll be another 3-4wks before another cleansing.

ETA: tryout/add what'll work for your hair needs.

Last edited:

Sally.

Gonna do a bentonite detox tomorrow (probably gonna add in ACV, AVJ, and evoo). I also just ordered the rhassoul clay.