BB Oil Lotion Moisturizer and ORS Olive Oil Lotion

Faith

Hi All,

Just a quick product review. I bought these two products last week and used both. I wanted to try the BB lotion after Allandra's post about using it. It is a GREAT moisturizer. I liked it better than the ORS olive oil lotion which I found oily and NOT as mositurizing. The BB lotion is great for "greasing" your scalp and is also great on the strands. My hair loves it. It has castor oil and aloe vera. It goes on moist and you would thin it would dry greasy BUT NOT at all. It dries with a shine but not greasy at all. I will purchase it again but not the ORS one. Thanks Allandra for posting about it.

:)

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I agree, the BB castor oil works great for moisture and shine. I was using it 2-3 x's a day when wearing cornrows, I would just rub it in the palms of my hands and glide it over my braids and would seal it w/Africa's best oil. when I would take out my braids my hair would be super soft. I believe it helped put back the moisture I lost due to laziness back last spring. :D

gorgeoushair

I love BB castor oil lotion. It is one of my staples. They also have one that's in the jar. It's suppose to be heavier or something. Has anyone tried it?

Healthb4Length

I like this moisturizer too! It really does a great job, I use Elasta's Recovery though, the BB is hard to find in my area.

Sistaslick

Faith said:
Hi All,

Just a quick product review. I bought these two products last week and used both. I wanted to try the BB lotion after Allandra's post about using it. It is a GREAT moisturizer. I liked it better than the ORS olive oil lotion which I found oily and NOT as mositurizing. The BB lotion is great for "greasing" your scalp and is also great on the strands. My hair loves it. It has castor oil and aloe vera. It goes on moist and you would thin it would dry greasy BUT NOT at all. It dries with a shine but not greasy at all. I will purchase it again but not the ORS one. Thanks Allandra for posting about it.

The ORS olive oil lotion is so oily and makes your hair feel coated:( ... but their creme in the jar is my absolute favorite moisturizer:love: It costs a bit more, but its worth it.

ChunHyang

This is definitely a case of "what works for some does not work for all". All BB Oil ever gave me was crispety crunchety hair. Whether it was the castor oil or the aloe, all I know what my hair said "NO WAY" to this stuff.

Allandra

Faith said:
Hi All,

You're welcome hun. :)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
ChunHyang said:
This is definitely a case of "what works for some does not work for all". All BB Oil ever gave me was crispety crunchety hair. Whether it was the castor oil or the aloe, all I know what my hair said "NO WAY" to this stuff.

If I used the BB on dry hair it was just awful. I applied to wet hair and air dried and it was ok. I finally threw the bottle away. I am really liking the ORS Olive Oil Lotion. I like it on damp and dry hair but I find that less is more with this product.

Miss*Tress

ChunHyang said:
Just wanted to say how pretty you are. You have a lovely smile.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I am using the BB lotion on damp hair (I spray leave in on first) I like it and it allows my hair to go into ponytail.

I use the ORS Lotion on my daughters very dry hair and that works best for her. I recently bought Carols daughter products and Asha but for some reason the ORS lotion works best for her (I add jojoba oil to it also).

ChunHyang

simplycee said:
If I used the BB on dry hair it was just awful. I applied to wet hair and air dried and it was ok. I finally threw the bottle away. I am really liking the ORS Olive Oil Lotion. I like it on damp and dry hair but I find that less is more with this product.

I guess I just prefer to go "WOW" with a product than think it is ok, especially my moisturizer. I haven't used the ORS Olive Oil Lotion in forever, but I do remember thinking it was very greasy :bah:

rosie

I loev the BB on dry hair. I use a lot and saturate my dd's twists with it at night time and then rub a little on in the morning. I seal the moisture in with some Cocoshea cream.

It has put a lot of moisture back into her hair.

I love this stuff. I use it the same way on my twists.

On my youngest dd's hair, I rub it into her braids twice a day. (I use smaller amounts on her, b/c she is four and and collects dust/dirt in her hair liek some people collect stamps.

Blackbird77

Faith said:
Hi All,

It's great stuff! And it's the only hair lotion product on the market I'll use. They just started adding mineral oil to the formula and I'm not happy about that but it's not listed on the first line in the ingredients list and my hair is fine with it so it's okay. On the plus side, the new formula includes coconut oil now.

Faith

Sistaslick said:
The ORS olive oil lotion is so oily and makes your hair feel coated:( ... but their creme in the jar is my absolute favorite moisturizer:love: It costs a bit more, but its worth it.

Which creme in a jar? The ORS olive oil in the jar?? Hm!

Btw, for those strecthing their relaxers...BB lotion is great on the roots. And unlike ORS olive oil lotion which goes on pastey-white..the BB lotion melts in.

Faith

ChunHyang said:

I found what works is to apply it and tie a scarf on right away for a few minutes and the hair is softer...well in my case :)

Faith

simplycee said:
I may have to try the ORS on damp hair...I used both on dry hair and in that case the BB was better for me. Maybe ORS needs to be used on damp hair in my case.

Sistaslick

Faith said:
Which creme in a jar? The ORS olive oil in the jar?? Hm!

Btw, for those strecthing their relaxers...BB lotion is great on the roots. And unlike ORS olive oil lotion which goes on pastey-white..the BB lotion melts in.

ORS has two olive oil products-- there is a lotion that comes in a bottle and a creme that comes in a jar. The creme is much better to me than the their lotion is. :love: Not to incite the inner pj in ya, but go try that one too:lol: It does cost a tad bit more than the lotion though. But, I had to see why the hard way. I called myself trying to cut corners and get the more affordable one . . . I mean, how different could they be right? Well, lets just say after I ended washing that oily paste out of my hair with a clarifying shampoo I realized, yes... they are Different. Very different!:lol: The lotion just coats and weighs my hair down. :confused: I'm loving the creme though.:love:

ChunHyang

Sistaslick said:
ORS has two olive oil products-- there is a lotion that comes in a bottle and a creme that comes in a jar. The creme is much better to me than the their lotion is. :love: Not to incite the inner pj in ya, but go try that one too:lol: It does cost a tad bit more than the lotion though. But, I had to see why the hard way. I called myself trying to cut corners and get the more affordable one . . . I mean, how different could they be right? Well, lets just say after I ended washing that oily paste out of my hair with a clarifying shampoo I realized, yes... they are Different. Very different!:lol: The lotion just coats and weighs my hair down. :confused: I'm loving the creme though.:love:

Doesn't the one in the jar have mineral oil in it? Has it had any negative effects? My mom has very fine, relaxed hair and I was thinking about getting her a jar of the ors, but I'm trying to ween her off of using grease, so I feel bad shoving something with mineral oil under her nose. (Although she never did give up her Hindu Sheen)

Sistaslick

yeah the creme does have mineral oil...:( shhhhh its my dirty little secret.:look: I feel guilty too.:lol: It's the only mineral oil product I've made an exception for in my regimen, because I am a strict "no mineral oil/petrolatum" person otherwise.

I mix a ton of essential oils in every jar I buy and it works so well man! IT is my staple moisturizer and it gets the job done. I like to look at the mineral oil part as a typo:lol: I've been searching high and low, but just haven't found anything to replace it-- and still be able reap the same benefits:ohwell: The ORS lotion has petrolatum in it and thats probably why it felt so coating and sticky... my hair just doesn't like it. Though I really hate to use either one, I'd take mineral oil over petrolatum anyday.:lol: Give it a shot, ya never know!

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been wanting to try that BB Oil Moisturizer SO BAD months ago, but I've been trying to use less and less products and prevent myself from becoming a PJ... I just may give this product a try! :scratchch

baglady215

This has been one of my alltime favorite moisturizers. For my hair, I find it's too heavy for when I wear my hair down, but for ponytails and buns? :love: !!! And the best part... Only $2.04 at Walmart!

Someone asked about the BB in a jar. I have tried that and it is thicker. I was using it on my ends. The jar versions does have mineral oil though. HTH!

morehairplease

Sistaslick said:
yeah the creme does have mineral oil...:( shhhhh its my dirty little secret.:look: I feel guilty too.:lol: It's the only mineral oil product I've made an exception for in my regimen, because I am a strict "no mineral oil/petrolatum" person otherwise.

I mix a ton of essential oils in every jar I buy and it works so well man! IT is my staple moisturizer and it gets the job done. I like to look at the mineral oil part as a typo:lol: I've been searching high and low, but just haven't found anything to replace it-- and still be able reap the same benefits:ohwell: The ORS lotion has petrolatum in it and thats probably why it felt so coating and sticky... my hair just doesn't like it. Though I really hate to use either one, I'd take mineral oil over petrolatum anyday.:lol: Give it a shot, ya never know!

sista do you mind telling me what eo you use? tia