ORS Olive Oil Hair Moisturizing lotion

Frustrated

Ladies, I am having the hardest time finding a daily oil moisturizer. I just bought the ORS Olive Oil Hair Moisturizing Lotion and I just want to know if anyone else uses this and what are your thoughts.

tryingto

I use it and I like it a lot, I use it on wet and dry hair, I like it on wet hair, a little better than dry, I follow it with olive or castor oil to seal the good stuff in, :)

CoCoGirl821

I have used this in the past and I am using the very last of it. I actually want to find something better. Its cool on wet hair, but i feel when i put on dry hair, it weighs my hair down. I have been doin searches tryin to find a new moisturizer, but i might have to wait cause the ones i wanna try are not cheap. Looks like i might be buyin another bottle of this until i further notice.

Artemis

I don't like it on wet hair, it makes my hair soooo hard and eww! On dry hair it's ok, I have to use it sparingly. I like carrot oil better.

NuMe2004

I swear by it!

ORS works well on my wash n' go's, and I use it as a heat protectant before straightening it. It's my fav, all-in-one product :).

Sistaslick

:nono: Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

The ORS olive oil creme in the jar is a million times better. More expensive, but much more moisturizing.

The ORS lotion just chills on the hair shaft doing absolutely nothing. :ohwell: It's probably the mineral oil + petrolatum that they've packed in there. I chucked that stuff in the garbage a few years ago because I couldn't consciously and in good faith pass it on to some poor family member. :lol:

Ayeshia

Sistaslick said:
:nono: Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

The ORS olive oil creme in the jar is a million times better. More expensive, but much more moisturizing.

The ORS lotion just chills on the hair shaft doing absolutely nothing. :ohwell: It's probably the mineral oil + petrolatum that they've packed in there. I chucked that stuff in the garbage a few years ago because I couldn't consciously and in good faith pass it on to some poor family member. :lol:
same here...trashed it. too darn oily. I see why the one in the jar was more expensive.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I use it very sparingly as a sealer, NOT a moisturizer! It has petrolatum in it, so it coats the hair shaft.

Artemis

I agree. With the petro/M.O. it's definitely a sealer. I can't bring myself to throw it out yet, though :ohwell: It's not like I'm hurting for products or anything. That's another issue all by its lonesome...:look:

Frustrated

Thanks ladies I can always depend on you for great advise. I'm going to try the oil moisturizer in the jar and seal my ends with EVOO.:grin:

gone_fishing

I bought it and I love it. I use it on my ends and on my scalp. I don't so much put it on the rest of my hair as it's a bit heavy for me. I use the creamy moisturizer pantene has for all over. It's lighter. I'd be careful of using too much of that product though. It can be greasy.

Kayluv

Re: ORS Olive Oil Creme

I went to the BSS to purchase the olive oil creme in the jar and I noticed the second ingredient was mineral oil. Did they change the formula or is the amount so small that it won't harm my hair?:confused:

ToyToy

I've used it before for some time. It was really good in the beginning, but after a while I noticed that my hair was getting really dry and tangled. I stopped using it, and my hair went back to normal.
Hope it works for you, though!

MsAngie

I agree with those who said it's terrible; it just sits on top of my hair, and my hair never, ever feels moisturized after using it. I won't be spending my money on it again. :(

Aussie

i returned my ORS olive oil in a jar after reading the ingredients. had too many unknown things in it. So i went ahead and exchanged it for the ORS carrot oil because it says it clear RED print that it has NO mineral oil and NO petroleum. YES!!! too times the fun lol. it moisturized my hair nicely.

HoneyDew

I did not like it at all. The only time I can use it is if my hair is already pretty moisturized and I just want a little coating to get me through the day until shampoo time.

I wish that Sunrise Products Hair Souffle was more accessible. It is a great moisturizer. A tab bit expensive for the amount of product I think. But silicone and mineral oil free. A little goes a long way which makes up for the price, I guess.

Aveda's Universal Styling cream is good if you don't mind the cones.

Qhemet's Biologics Olive Cream was good on my wet hair as a leave in recently. It was very moisturizing after my hair was dry with it.