Question about ORS Olive Oil Lotion

vtoodler

Is ORS Olive Oil lotion similar to an oil moisturizer?

Does it feel like an oil moisturizer, and does it condition your hair like an oil moisturizer does?

I ask because my hair hates oil moisturizers, and I'm hoping that this product is nothing like a typical oil moisturizer.

TraciChanel

I really didn't like ORS Olive oil lotion. It was way too greasy for me! If you don't like oil moisturizers, you probably won't like it either. Plus, it has petrolatum (vaseline) in it...so, it really doesn't 'moisturize' your hair. Maybe as a sealant...but I still vote no :nono:

HTH!

Last edited:

Prudent1

^^^ I agree with the others here. I like 1 product from their product line but have tried all of them at some point. It was very similar to the ol pink oil moisturizer if you ask me:nono:. I won't go near it so to speak.

vtoodler

^^^ I agree with the others here. I like 1 product from their product line but have tried all of them at some point. It was very similar to the ol pink oil moisturizer if you ask me:nono:. I won't go near it so to speak.

Prudent, which product from their line do you like? And which daily moisturizer do you use?

allmundjoi

I really didn't like ORS Olive oil lotion. It was way to greasy for me! If you don't like oil moisturizers, you probably won't like it either. Plus, it has petrolatum (vaseline) in it...so, it really doesn't 'moisturize' your hair. Maybe as a sealant...but I still vote no :nono:

HTH!

I have it as well. My hair didn't feel really moisturized w/it. And the petrolatum in it has really turned me off-trying to get back into using natural products.

Sent from my DROIDX

Prudent1

vtoodler,
I like the ORS deep condish. For a daily moisturizer I either use Sta soft fro, S-curl, or Aphogee keratin and green tea then seal with the oil of my choice( walnut, coconut, argan, EVO). During the colder months I use DB peach kernel hydrating milk, or pumpkin seed curl moisturizing conditioner and then seal with oil of choice. After many disappointments, these did not leave my hair coated and were at a reasonable price point to volume ratio IMO. HTH:yep:

Your Cheeziness

It's a heavy lotion. When I used it way back when, I didn't add anything on top of it and I used it very lightly. My hair felt more oily than moisturized, but I had no adverse effects from using it. It just was too heavy for my taste when I wanted to wear rollersets. For bunning and protective styles, it was fine.

smwrigh3

Omg!!! I love love love ORS olive oil lotion! It is my staple! But my hair just soaks it up like a sponge! It is heavy so if you hair doesn't like oil mositurizer then u probably wont like this one. Maybe you can try S-curl or hawaiian silky 14-1 I dont think they are oil based!

lamaria211

Any one using this I got a free 4oz sized bottle with NY relaxer but I haven't tried it yet. It does have petroleum but it also had ceramides. Any thoughts ladies?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I like it. A little goes a long way (per section)