can someone please break ayurveda down?

tatambabyy

I wanna know what's the craze about! I been looking for post explaining exactly what ayurveda is,which powders do what,and directions on how to use them. I only find posts on ayurveda regimens. It would greatly be appreciated if someone can list the oils and powders and how each of them work. I'm very interested.:yep:
Also if you have links to ayurveda threads, that would help.
TIA and HHG

hurricane

I wanna know what's the craze about! I been looking for post explaining exactly what ayurveda is,which powders do what,and directions on how to use them. I only find posts on ayurveda regimens. It would greatly be appreciated if someone can list the oils and powders and how each of them work. I'm very interested.:yep:
Also if you have links to ayurveda threads, that would help.
TIA and HHG

Do a search in the LHCF search box. Lots of info, including what the powders and oils do. May take a minute but its worth researching.

Shikaki/ aritha: cleanses the hair and scalp, strengthens
Amla: I think strengthens
brahmi: moisturizes and promotes growth. Also helps with pre-mature greying.

The oils basically do the same. Coconut oil pentrates the hair shaft and locks in moisture.

I just posted a thread on my 5 month growth process. Take a look.

Keen

My sister wants us to start doing Ayuveda. I wanted her to be the ginny pig. Our hair likes the same product so she usually make me try stuff first. This time, I'm letting her take the plunge

tatambabyy

Check some of the threads from yesterday regarding ayurvedic, a poster had a link to a site with cheap powders.
ETA: I think it was http://ruchita.mybisi.com

thank you. the powders were cheap, but the shipping is almost 12 dollars:nono:

ETA: Even though the shipping killed me, i ordered shikakai powder,brahmi powder, and vatika oil.

Last edited:

janeemat

thank you. the powders were cheap, but the shipping is almost 12 dollars:nono:

ETA: Even though the shipping killed me, i ordered shikakai powder,brahmi powder, and vatika oil.

Use Amazon. It will be shipped from the indian store. Shipping was not bad.

Prose Princess

Yeah, if you're just getting vatika oil, amla, brahmi, shikakai, etc., Amazon is the better choice and very cheap. That Ruchita site is like the only place online you can get Kalpi Tone with reasonable shipping though. I also got some of my hibiscus petal powder from them, before I found a huge 1lb jar of it on amazon for like $7.50 :ohwell:. Another site people like is http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com