Are there any 4a/b's using Bentonite Clay

Missjae09

I've heard very good things about Bentonite clay for both hair and skin. I'm will to try it on my skin but i'm a bit skeptical for my hair. I know that what's good for one hair type doesn't necessarily work as well for another. So I want to know if there are and 4a/b's out there who use Bentonite clay on their hair and if you are using it how often do you use it.

Thanks for much for your input, ladies.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
On my hair HECK NO. I tried that mess when I was natural and my hair was as dry as the Sahara desert. It literally sucked the life out of it. I panicked when I rinsed and felt how dry my hair was. I had to co-wash a few times to get some life back into it. I later learned that it the job of bentonite clay to draw out anything on the hair and face. I used the Aztec clay, that could've had something to do with it.

On my face I LOVE IT.

If you woul like try it on a section to see how it will work for you.

Sianna

I was just thinking about this!! I've tried bentonite clay on my face and I didn't really like it. It didn't clean my pores the way I expected it to, and when I let it dry fully, it was actually a little painful! It felt really tight on my skin, plus I had kind of a hard time getting it all off. I only recently discovered that it can be used for hair and I think I'm gonna try it.

I saw somewhere or another that it can be mixed with yogurt and... olive oil I think. I probably give it a shot next week or so and let you guys know how it went. :yep:

Last edited:

Missjae09

I was just thinking about this!! I've tried bentonite clay on my face and I didn't really like it. It didn't clean my pores the way I expected it to, and when I let it dry fully, it was actually a little painful! It felt really tight, plus I had kind of a hard time getting it all off. I only recently discovered that it can be used for hair and I think I'm gonna try it.

I saw somewhere or another that it can be mixed with yogurt and... olive oil I think. I probably give it a shot next week or so and let you guys know how it went. :yep:

Please do! thanks!! can't wait to see your results.

Rei

:blush:omg I LOVE bentonite clay (and there are very few hair products that I *love*, usually I'm indifferent to them)

I use it as my "clarifier",gets my hair really moisturized and clean after a 30 min treatment. I usually mix it with water, honey and olive oil and let it sit on my hair for 30 minutes (sometimes I ixnay the honey, but I always have the olive oil there), and when I rinse it out, my hair looks gorgeous. I wish that my hair looked like that all the time!

I only use it once a month, not because I'm afraid its detrimental but mostly because it is messy as all hell and I hate the cleanup. But I definately love bentonite clay for both my skin and my hair. :yep:

edit: oh I should add, that you NEVER let it dry on your hair. I slather it on damp or wet hair, put on a plastic cap, and the moist heat from your scalp will keep it in its liquidy form

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I've used it on my transitioning hair. It was a good clarifier and didn't dry out my hair but of course I DC'ed after using it

ETA I wanted to ditto the not letting it dry on your hair. I left it on 30 minutes to an hour I think

LuvlyRain3

Bentonite clay is really good. I mix mine with greek yogurt EVCO and garlic powder. My hair always feels clean and soft afterwards.

LuvlyRain3

I use bentonite clay. I mix mine with greek yogurt EVCO and garlic powder. It leaves my hair feeling soft and clean

Southern Belle

I do facials with it once a week. It makes my skin look and feel heavenly! Even my MIL complimented me on my skin, so you KNOW that thang is serious. :lachen:

Haven't tried it on the hair yet, so I guess that'll be my next project.

Giselle685

I use it to clarify. Do not make your mixture to heavy and you should be fine (meaning do not make it to thick). Put it all over your hair, wait til it dries, rinse it out, it should be very soft! I just start spritzing it with my homemade moisturizer. I never had the dry hair effects that the other ladies are talking about.

I am a 4b.

Missjae09

Well, I have complete my bentonite treatment on my hair and face. I must say I love the results! My hair felt clean, but not stripped. My skin feels nice and exfoliated. I really like the results. I will probable do this once a month on my hair and once to twice a week on my face!

Thanks for all of the awesome advice.

Missjae09

Oh.. I I mixed it with Hemp seed oil and ACV... afterwards I put on some cantu shea butter leave-in with a little silk peptide mixed in.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
I use it every couple of months. I mix it with water and ACV. I like it. Gets my hair scalp really clean.

Pompous Blue

I use it once a month. What a great feeling it leaves my c-napp hair.

I mix 1 tbsp of it in about 1 cup of rose-water and use an immersion blender to mix it. This gives me a gel-like consistency. Apply it to my wet hair and massage my scalp for about 5 minutes. I rinse it out very well. My hair is soft and tangle-free afterwards.

I use it once a month.

I also swap out with Rhassoul Clay once a month. But the ratio of clay to water is different. I have to use much more clay to water.

And both I use for a facial, too.

GreenD

I used it for the first time on my hair a couple of weeks ago as I had a hair emergency. I had build up like cheesey-toothpaste that ACV couldn't break down. I slapped that clay in my hair (had to do it a couple of times) and it got it out. I couldn't believe how it got rid of the buildup!! It was like magic. It was a bit dry afterwards, so I kept conditioning and spritzing it to moisten it back up.

I probably won't use it often to clarify as ACV usually does the trick, but thank God I had some on hand, and will be sure to always keeps some in the house.