***REHYDRANT SPRAY VS. AVOCADO MIST (MEGA TEK)***

JuicesN'Berries

Hello ladies I have a couple of questions about these products...For those of you who have them...are these the same ingredients on the back of your bottle? I ordered the Avocado Mist but the ingredients are not the same...it does not inlcude the muccopolysaccharides anymore, which is the ingredient that made me want to order it. So my question is did change the formula? And does the Rehydrant spray still have the "muccos" in it? TIA

Avocado Mist Spray
An oil-free, silicone-free leave on conditioning spray that maintains the moisture balance within the hair shaft. Avocado Mist prevents the hair from becoming dry, brittle, and breaking off. Avocado Mist is the ONLY detangler that does not contain oil, silicone, wax, or synthetic polymers. Shines and conditions the coat with a unique formula that combines the extracts of avocado and aloe vera. Detangles without the heaviness common in most conditioners. Promotes shine and eases grooming. Wet or dry leave on spray. Excellent for long hair breeds, when you do not want to add any weight to the coat. Anti-static, alcohol-free & smells devine.

Ingredients: Deionized water, DL panthenol hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, tetrasodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide, hydrolyzed wheat protein, Allantoin, sodium PCA. Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, extracts of avocado and aloe vera, fragrance.

Premier Rehydrant Spray
Premier Natural Botanical Spray is used whenever you bathe or brush your horse. Premier Spray was developed specifically to bring moisture captured from the air to the coat at an accelerated rate over a long period of time (24 HOURS). If the hair is not coated with oil or silicone, moisture goes through the hair to the skin, and the skin respirates better. It is not slippery and does not attract dirt and dust.

It is NON-TOXIC, it won't burn the eyes, and is hypoallergenic. Conditions and moisturises coat. Prevents dry skin conditions. Promotes healthy skin and coat. Can be used on saddle area. Tearless formula will not hurt eyes. Enhances colour. Detangles mane and tail. Repels dust and dirt. NON-TOXIC, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. For best results, use with Premier Colour Intensifying Shampoo. This is an ideal product for M&M's and long haired breeds that suffer with dry brittle manes.

Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, citric acid, Allantoin, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat protein, socium pca, propylene glycol Methylparaben, tetrasoidum EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, Polysorbate,20, Polysorbate 80, extracts of aloe vera and lavender, fragrance.

Cassandra1975

There was another thread about the muccopolysaccharides, and somebody said Eqyss said they were still there, but just named something else...I believe it was a thread about MegaTek.

On another note, I have a 32 oz bottle of Premier Rehydrant Spray that I'm not going to be using if anyone wants to purchase.

~Hair~Fetish~

There was another thread about the muccopolysaccharides, and somebody said Eqyss said they were still there, but just named something else...I believe it was a thread about MegaTek.

On another note, I have a 32 oz bottle of Premier Rehydrant Spray that I'm not going to be using if anyone wants to purchase.

How much are you selling it for? I love that stuff! :lick:

NaniDiamond

I am no chemist, but I would break the word down: mucco would indicate something slippery and saccharides are sugars...all i remember from chemistry class was that sugars offer a moisturizing effect...so, maybe the result of the two might just be some type of moisturizer for the hair.

i'm in nursing school and i've recently learned that this ingredient is used in the stuff they treat some burn victims with...I am ordering some next week and I will post the results (as soon as I learn how to post properly-I'm a newbie)

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
How much are you selling it for? I love that stuff! :lick:

Are you still using this? I am considering purchasing it to use as a detangler on wash days....

I really need a good detangler that doesn't contain proteins and preferrably no 'cones either....:ohwell:

I'm going nuts trying different products and have not successfully landed one yet....:nono:

angenoir

This is an interesting thread.

I have been thinking of getting a moisturizing leave-in from the Megatek line but was unsure which to get.

Are both of these protein heavy? I do not want any more protein-heavy products.

And which is the more moisturizing of the two from your experience?

Thanks!

Last edited:

itsanaddams

This is an interesting thread.

I have been thinking of getting a moisturizing leave-in from the Megatek line but was unsure which to get.

Are both of these protein heavy? Not at all. Light and non-oily. I do not want any more protein-heavy products.

And which is the more moisturizing of the two from your experience? They both moisturize very well. I prefer the Rehydrant spray because I think it smells better (but that might be because I don't like Avocados.)

Thanks!

Hope this helps.