APL GROW ON CHALLENGE 2011!(Prizes!)

NikkiQ

Good luck! U can do it your fully natural now and will be apl soon! Your already shoulder length so you'll be there in no time.

Not SL yet, but hopefully I will be soon. Only need about 2.5" until I hit SL again. I was VERY happy to hear that. So APL MIGHT be reachable by the end of the year, but we will just have to wait and see.

janda

So I'm HOPING that I will be APL by the end of this year, but it's a far stretch. I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm still tweaking my reggie and playing around with other low manipulation hairstyles. I did a nice protein treatment and LONG DC Saturday night followed by two strand twists. Currently NL and chugging along lol

APL is definitely doable by the end of the year. Sounds as if you are really enjoying your hair now.:yep: Not too much is going on with me. I've decided to incorporate rollersets into my reggie so I am not wearing a bun everyday. In the past 2 weeks, I've seen at least 5 people with their edges starting behind their ears. I became paranoid. I don't think mine are getting thin from all my bunning but I took it as a sign to keep a close watch.:eye: The downside to wearing my hair out is that I can't use my sulfur nightly.

NikkiQ

janda Yes I am enjoying my hair very much :yep: I'm gonna attempt to do some flat twists this weekend so my hair can fit under my wigs better lmao. Nothing like fluffy hair pushing a wig up off your head :lachen:

divastyle2010

Hey ladies I'm doing well and I'm almost done installing my yarn braids.I Will keep them in for a month or atleast 6weeks and redo them until I make a year post. I hope everyone is well.

NikkiQ

Hey ladies I'm doing well and I'm almost done installing my yarn braids.I Will keep them in for a month or atleast 6weeks and redo them until I make a year post. I hope everyone is well.

Things are great on my end! I think I'll be able to claim SL by June. I'm SO excited! Now...your yarn braids. How do you start them out? I tried doing a little test on doing my Senegalese twists last night and can't get them started to save my SOUL!

divastyle2010

Things are great on my end! I think I'll be able to claim SL by June. I'm SO excited! Now...your yarn braids. How do you start them out? I tried doing a little test on doing my Senegalese twists last night and can't get them started to save my SOUL!

Congrats on claiming sl soon.anyway, they have millions of videos on YouTube for yarn braids. If u do them make sure you buy acrylic yarn. Regular yarn or wool yarn will lock your hair so read your labels. I learned yarn braids from YouTube and they r easy to do, and no hair to clean up.I love em! After your done braid them in sections n dip in hot water they come out wavy n look like dreads.

NikkiQ

hey ladies!!! how is everyone doing??? I'm creeping closer to SL. I can't wait for the update this month.

diadall

I haven't checked in for a while. I will be APL by the end of the year. I feel like I am full shoulder now but when I stretch my hair in the back I am there. I want to acheive the length without the stretching.

NikkiQ

I haven't checked in for a while. I will be APL by the end of the year. I feel like I am full shoulder now but when I stretch my hair in the back I am there. I want to acheive the length without the stretching.

Alright now diadall!!! I'm hoping to be APL by the end of the year myself but I'm nowhere near that right now lol.

Chiquitita

Uh oh... Am I too late to join this challenge ? I see some of my 'Shoulder Length Challenge' peeps are already over here !!!

Why am I always so LATE ??? :nono: I just didn't wanna get to ahead of myself and join before I made shoulder length...:ohwell:

faithVA

Uh oh... Am I too late to join this challenge ? I see some of my 'Shoulder Length Challenge' peeps are already over here !!!

Why am I always so LATE ??? :nono: I just didn't wanna get to ahead of myself and join before I made shoulder length...:ohwell:

Hey Chiquitita

I don't remember if this one is still open or not. But there is a 2nd APL challenge
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=12472501&highlight=apl+challenge+2011#post12472501

It may be still open. I think some people may be in both.

divastyle2010

Hey ladies I am still in my yarn braids but I have the flu and I am battling that rite now. I hope everyone is doing well ,I am just tryin to get better right now so I will check in once I feel better. Pls keep me in your prayers you all are in mine.

HauteHippie

Hi ladies! Just checking in, I don't think I've posted for a while.
I took some Mid-March pics, but *ahem* they should not be posted.

Here are postable pics:

HauteHippie

Hey ladies I am still in my yarn braids but I have the flu and I am battling that rite now. I hope everyone is doing well ,I am just tryin to get better right now so I will check in once I feel better. Pls keep me in your prayers you all are in mine.

Oh, goodness! I really hope you get better soon!

newgrowth15

Hey Ladies, just stopping by to say hello and to encourage you to keep going. At Divastyle, I am praying that you feel better soon.

NYDiva

Hey Ladies!

I haven't checked in in a while. I'm getting closer to APL, should definitely make it by winter, will hopefully get a good straightened pic before I get braids put back in.

NikkiQ

Decided that I'm going to use my hair color to help me track my growth from now until the end of the year. The only time I'll be excited to see dark roots :lachen:

HauteHippie

*sigh* I posted, but my phone messed up.

I'm flat ironing my hair tonight... and tomorrow. My arms are tired.

Pics:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Newtogrow

Hey, I've been more on the health and fitness side...during the winter I wore wigs with braids and cornrows underneath. Since spring now summer, I've been wearing twists. I actually did a trim about a month ago. I have to post pics when I'm on my other computer. The first one is before the trim, the second is after. Looks the same as the Dec 2010 pic to me. This was in May.

Attachments

• DSC02931.JPG
    DSC02931.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC02954.JPG
    DSC02954.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

newgrowth15

Hey, I've been more on the health and fitness side...during the winter I wore wigs with braids and cornrows underneath. Since spring now summer, I've been wearing twists. I actually did a trim about a month ago. I have to post pics when I'm on my other computer. The first one is before the trim, the second is after. Looks the same as the Dec 2010 pic to me. This was in May.

Your hair may be the same length, but it looks much healthier now.:grin: