APL GROW ON CHALLENGE 2011!(Prizes!)

divastyle2010

APL GROW ON CHALLENGE 2011!

Hello Ladies!!!
I have been a member of the hair care board since April!!! I have had amazing progress!! those that know me, know I am a cancer survivor, and have came a long way from EL to NL to SL hair!:grin:

So I am starting a challenge(Please remember I'm new to this)this is my first and any help would be grateful!

I am aiming for my next six month stretch and hoping to be APL by my next relaxer, April 10, 2011.
Challenge begins October 18,2010-Dec 18,2011
The Challenge is now closed for people to join! If you want to participate from the sidelines that is fine! thanks to all who joined lets begin!!!!
Please answer the following questions and follow the guidelines:

What is your current hair length?
NL

What is your regimen?
I keep my hair braided under my half wigs. I wash my hair every two weeks, followed up with a deep conditioner, I air dry. I do protein treatments every 6 weeks with Aphrogee. I also moisturize and seal my hair daily with s-curl, and evoo oil, or coconut oil,(whatever is available) workout 5 days a week, and eat healthy!

Do you use growth aides?(if so what and how?)

yes, megatek every other day apply it to my scout. I also take a multivitamin and hairinfinity vitamins I am now waiting on my next supply of them.

Please post a beginning pic! the next pic should be posted January 10th 2010, and then April 10,2011, July 10th 2011, October 10th 2011, and final reveal December 18th 2011(Remember random pics and updates are fine) I love to know progress!

Ladies if you wanna join say so, but you must post once a week and answer the questions and if your regimen has changed please state so.

we have to support one another!

Time to grow ladies!! HHG!

Challengers:
FaithVa
Janda
YCJ1
Newtogrow
Offtopic
PinkyPromise
Rosey2010
NikkiQ
LeFemmeNaturelle
ms. tatiana
Bkfinest
Imani
diadall
coffeeBrown
Rocky91
ClassyDiva
Honey-Dip
miryoku
NyDiva
Alshepp638
chellypie810
Loves Harmony
KnaughtyKurls
Gadgetdiva
EtherealEnigma

Last edited:

faithVA

Thanks for starting this challenge divastyle2010. I have been on the board a little less than 60 days but will help in anyway that I can. I don't think I can make APL from NL by April. Hopefully I will be full SL by April. But I definitely don't want to miss the challenge.

NL

What is your regimen?
I plan on wearing my hair in kinky twists/box braids until the spring refreshing them every 4 to 6 weeks with a week in between to DC. I am moisturizing my hair 2x a day and sealing with oil/oil sheen.

I will prepoo, shampoo and condition once a week and then seal with castor oil

No

I am lousy at taking pics but here is my starting pic.

Attachments

• 10092010_2TO.jpg
    10092010_2TO.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 88

janda

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Will come back to post my answers and starting picture.

ycj1

Re: APL GROW ON CHALLENGE 2011!

Hello Ladies!!!
I have been a member of the hair care board since April!!! I have had amazing progress!! those that know me, know I am a cancer survivor, and have came a long way from NL to SL hair!:grin:

So I am starting a challenge(Please remember I'm new to this)this is my first and any help would be grateful!

I am aiming for my next six month stretch and hoping to be APL by my next relaxer, April 10, 2011.
Please answer the following questions and follow the guidelines:

NL

What is your regimen?
I keep my hair braided under my half wigs. I wash my hair every two weeks, followed up with a deep conditioner, I air dry. I do protein treatments every 6 weeks with Aphrogee. I also moisturize and seal my hair daily with s-curl, and evoo oil, or coconut oil,(whatever is available)

yes, megatek every other day apply it to my scout. I also take a multivitamin and hairinfinity vitamins I am now waiting on my next supply of them.

Please post a beginning pic! the next pic should be posted January 10th 2010, and then the final reveal April 10,2011.(Remember random pics and updates are fine) I love to know progress!

note: I will come back and add my beginning pic after my blowout @the salon.

Ladies if you wanna join say so, but you must post once a week and answer the questions and if your regimen has changed please state so.

we have to support one another!

Time to grow ladies!! HHG!

I would like to participate as well, but did'nt you mean from the bolded 2011? Just wanted to point that out to you. Also, I would like to congradulate you for being a survivor! Good for you girl. I will post my routine and pics sometime this wk if that's ok! TIA

divastyle2010

thank you for joining, and you can make it if you believe, i hit shoulder length since my 6 month stretch and relaxed my hair October 10th and I am happy with the results so now I am pushing for APL in April 2011 an this is why I started this challenge!!

divastyle2010

Re: APL GROW ON CHALLENGE 2011!

thank you!!! What I meant was the challenge starts when everyone posts! maybe I should do a deadline and will continue to APRIL 10,2011. I hope to see you soon!!hhg!

bride91501

This is my first "Length Challenge" lol. I'm a little nervous, but I've always worked better with a specific goal in mind.

My last relaxer was in October 2009, but I did not learn take care of my hair until my BC on May 31, 2010 (Memorial Day!) and my hair measured 2.5" then. My hair measured 5" 1 month ago, and I'm very proud of my progress since finding LHCF. I hope to be APL by my BC Anniversary- May 2011 (*fingers crossed*)!

I'm PS'ing in cornrows under a wig now, but I'm taking them out next week and I'll post my pic then. I hope that's ok!

full neck/grazing shoulder (*I think*- I plan to do my 1st flatiron in December for a length check)

What is your regimen?
I keep my hair cornrowed (using the Deep Moisture Method) under wigs for 4-6 weeks at a time. I co-wash 2-3x/week & DC weekly. I add honey, castor oil & WGO to my condishes, leave-ins & DCs. I also do an Aphogee 2-step protein treatment every 4-6 wks when I remove my conrows. Because of past weave/braid abuse, I also massage my edges nightly with a neos[porin/castor oil mix. I am VERY consistent with my regimen!

Do you use growth aides? NOPE! But I do take a daily multi-vitamin, and I workout at least 5 days/week.

Happy growing ladies!

bride91501

Jeesh- I didn't read this one too well. I thought it was an APL (anytime) in 2011. Sorry, I know I'm not gonna make it by April.....lol. Good luck to you guys though.

NikkiQ

I'm not very confident that I'll make APL by December so I'll wish all you ladies luck! you can do it ladies!!! :weird:

NikkiQ

I think that a year long challenge would be a bit more appealing to those that are NL or SL and know they won't make APL by the early part of the year. If it was year long then I'd be all over it like white on rice :lol:

LaFemmeNaturelle you know your NG is gonna be APL WAY before I make it anyway lol. My poor little relaxed ends are the only thing helping me reach length goals right now :lachen:

janda

NL-front/sides SL- in the back

What is your regimen? I cowash almost daily and wet bun. I'll continue to do so until is gets too cold. I wash (with no sulfate poo or an ayurvedic bar) and DC twice a week per Cathy Howse. I do a protein/ moisture DC each time. I also use ayurvedic oils as pre-poos and just did my first henna treatment.

Do you use growth aides?(if so what and how?) Andrew Lessman HSN vitamins, a multi-, and omega 3's. Scalp massages with jojoba/grapeseed oils mixed with thyme, cedarwood, lavender and rosemary. I forget who posted the recipe but it might be in the scalp care thread.

I also didn't realize that the challenge ends in April 2011 but I still want in.

Starting picture-- late September 2010

Last edited:

Newtogrow

Sign me up. APL is my ultimate goal!! We can do it!!!

sl

What is your regimen?
I wash every week, protein condition, dc (Cathy Howse). Mostly wear Braids or Twists and sometimes keep under a wig or phony pony.

Do you use growth aides?(if so what and how?) mega tek in oil mixture once a week directly on scalp before wash day.

divastyle2010

This is my first "Length Challenge" lol. I'm a little nervous, but I've always worked better with a specific goal in mind.

My last relaxer was in October 2009, but I did not learn take care of my hair until my BC on May 31, 2010 (Memorial Day!) and my hair measured 2.5" then. My hair measured 5" 1 month ago, and I'm very proud of my progress since finding LHCF. I hope to be APL by my BC Anniversary- May 2011 (*fingers crossed*)!

I'm PS'ing in cornrows under a wig now, but I'm taking them out next week and I'll post my pic then. I hope that's ok!

full neck/grazing shoulder (*I think*- I plan to do my 1st flatiron in December for a length check)

What is your regimen?
I keep my hair cornrowed (using the Deep Moisture Method) under wigs for 4-6 weeks at a time. I co-wash 2-3x/week & DC weekly. I add honey, castor oil & WGO to my condishes, leave-ins & DCs. I also do an Aphogee 2-step protein treatment every 4-6 wks when I remove my conrows. Because of past weave/braid abuse, I also massage my edges nightly with a neos[porin/castor oil mix. I am VERY consistent with my regimen!

Do you use growth aides? NOPE! But I do take a daily multi-vitamin, and I workout at least 5 days/week.

Happy growing ladies!

you will make it we all can, I am extending the challenge, so everyone can join and won't feel discouraged!

Last edited:

divastyle2010

Sign me up. APL is my ultimate goal!! We can do it!!!

sl

What is your regimen?
I wash every week, protein condition, dc (Cathy Howse). Mostly wear Braids or Twists and sometimes keep under a wig or phony pony.

Do you use growth aides?(if so what and how?) mega tek in oil mixture once a week directly on scalp before wash day.

yes we can do it!! i will be extending the challenge ,

divastyle2010

I think that a year long challenge would be a bit more appealing to those that are NL or SL and know they won't make APL by the early part of the year. If it was year long then I'd be all over it like white on rice :lol:

LaFemmeNaturelle you know your NG is gonna be APL WAY before I make it anyway lol. My poor little relaxed ends are the only thing helping me reach length goals right now :lachen:

i am making it an apl challenge till dec 2011

SleepyJean

Hi Divastyle!!

I don't know if you know this, but there is another APL 2011 thread. They aren't accepting anymore people, though, so I want to join this one instead. I'm in the BSL by 2011 challenge, but I got a much needed trim, and I don't think I can do that challenge anymore. It was my first challenge, and I didn't just want to give up on the challenge so I just decided to change my goal. Now, my goal is to have a full healthy APL. I'll decide what I want to do from there. I might be able to meet both of my challenges in 2011. :grin:

I will post pics later. I have starting pics in the old BSL thread too.

SleepyJean

I have multiple lengths. I'm not trying to be funny either. I want full APL by the end of this.

What is your regimen?
Shampoo, protein treatment, dc every 2 weeks. Hard protein treatment once a month.

No.

30something

Hi Divastyle!!

I don't know if you know this, but there is another APL 2011 thread. They aren't accepting anymore people, though, so I want to join this one instead.

There is one? I join a APL class of 2011, but I didn't think that was a challenge ... I been dying to join an official APL in 2011 challenge or months now ...lol

Last edited:

30something

Count me in

Clarifying every 3 weeks or so
Shampoo and deep condition once a week
Co wash a few times a week
Black strap Molasses once a month
Black tea rinses (1-2) a week
Moisturize and seal frequently
Stretch relaxers 10-13 weeks,

Do you use growth aides?
I use black tea rinses, which make my hair grow faster

Starting at (maybe) Shoulder idk its been while.. picture later

Last edited:

PinkyPromise

OHHHH ok, I see you moved the date! I want in then! starting pic is in my siggy. I'm getting braids this week so while in braids I'll be DCing and applying braid spray to my hair. Also, when my Hairfinity finally comes in the mail I'll be taking those supplements as well! In addition, Ill be exercising, drinking water, and eating healthier!

HHG!!

Rossy2010

@divastyle2010 You are a fighter and hope you realise how blessed you are. Im trying to find the right words to say to you but I just dont know what to say. Anyway thumb ups for you girly:yep::yep:

I would like to join this challenge. I had a minichop/trim on 8th Oct so im back to NL. Im hoping to be APL come dec 2011.

NL
What is your regimen?
Im wet bunning at the moment then sealing every night with curl activator plus Avocado oil. Im 2 wks post. 6 wks post i will be under a wig with cornrows 2 weeks on 1 week off until my next relaxer.
I plan relax every 12-14 weeks
Pre poo with hot oils (EVOO or JBCO +Shea butter )
Shampoo nexxus or AOHRS (clarify 2x month with Baking soda on shampoo)
Dcing/steam with AOHRS plus some oil or CPR on relaxer days and 1x monthly
finish with Mizani fulfy or giovanni silk
Protein treatment - redken extreme (every 3 weeks)
leave in keracare or Lacio lacio (I love this one more)
cover with silk headscarf to lightly then
seal with scurl and EVCO or EMU
I wash every 3-4 days Dcing with every wash but steaming with every other wash.

Do you use growth aides? NO - I want to watch it grow for now :)
HHJ ladies

Last edited: