How Many Challenges Have You Already Signed Up For In 2011?

Janet'

Afternoon Ladies,

As I (as well as many of you) am preparing for my next year's hair goals, I am looking at the number of challenges that I am going to be in for 2011...Looking back on 2010 I was in several:

1. Curly Till XMas Challenge (Dropped Out)
2. Fall Steaming Challenge 2010
3. BSL 2010
4. MBL 2010
5. Hide Your Hair Challenge 2010

The length challenges weren't stressful, they actually helped me remember to document my progress. Hide Your Hair Challenge is bomb because it helps with retention...I think that the other two were good challenges, I just felt a little overwhelmed...

I'm already in a few for 2011...but I am definitely going to keep the Challenges to a minimum

1. MBL 2011 (Hopefully just temporarily)
2. WL 2011
3. HL 2011:spinning::spinning:
4. Hide Your Hair Challenge 2011

How many challenges were you in for 2010? Did you find that the challenges helped you on your hair journey? How many have you already signed up for in 2011?

Or are you anti-challenges all together? Why or Why not...

lovelymissyoli

I've got 2 challenges under my belt:

1. BSL in 2011 Challenge
2. Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Cowash Challenge

...I doubt I'll be adding any other ones since I'm pretty much low maintenance with my hair and only have two goals: 1.) more moisturized hair, and 2.) bra strap length hair.

TamedTresses

I signed up for one, MBL 2011. I got a relaxer this week and I am at MBL, even after getting my ends trimmed. :woot: I may stick with the challenge, I can use another inch in the front for full MBL. Not sure if I am up for the WL 2011 challenge. Although, a use up your stash challenge would be nice. :yep:

HennaRo

So far I don't think I'm in anything, if I am oops lol. I think for a while I'll just subscribe to the thread and just lurk. The more I try and go out all hardcore the worst I do!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
three I think. Don't think I'll be joining anymore.

hip length 2011
Jheri Juice Part 2
365 days

ETA: Oh and the Long term stretch which I joined again yesterday.

Last edited:

Carisa

I don't even think I can remember them all lol!

BSL
MBL or WL (I forget which one of these I joined)
No Heat (I think)
Fall/ Winter Co-washing
Boot Camp 2011
Braid it up
Sulfur challenge

Probably some others!
I wasn't in any challenges in 2010

Last edited:

NaturalBoss

I'm in WL 2011.

I think I should get in an MBL 2011 first (before WL) and if I find a bunning challenge, I will do that one because I think I'm gonna bun for all of 2011. I was gonna wear a wig, but I got tired of it.

Charlie555

I'm not in any for 2011. In 2010 I slacked on updating the ones I joined. But I usually lurk in all of the challenges.

cutiebe2

NONE!!!!

Done the challenge thing before and it doesn't work well (for me). I've just written down my goals and how I am going to get there. I want BSL in 2011, that's my main hair goal

NikkiQ

Okay here we go:

APL 2011
BSL 2011
MBL 2011 (tried to drop out but couldn't :lol: )
Sulfur 2011
HYH 2011
Get An Inch
WL 2012 and 2013

I got all bases covered :lachen:

diadall

I am in the following:

1. APL in 2011(Prizes)
2. BSL in 2011
3. Sulfur Challenge 2011
4. Hide Your Hair (but I think I am going to drop out before it starts
That's all I can think of right now.

brg240

How many challenges were you in for 2010?
I was in one, the WL 2010 challenge, but I only posted in the thread a couple times and checked it a few times. :|
Did you find that the challenges helped you on your hair journey?
No not really.
How many have you already signed up for in 2011?
I joined the HL 2011 and the Hide Your Hair challenges. I doubt I'll join anything else.

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I'm in APL 2011 and Hide Your Hair 2011. I dont think I'll be adding any more challenges though. I tried that this year and it was little overwhelming.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Nah, I'm not in any challenges. I already know I won't stick to it after awhile. I will just watch and cheer folks on from the sidelines

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Yes and I'm so excited, I'm in:

SL 2011
HYH 2011
Get an inch a month
Lady Paniolo's deep moisture
Sulphur 2011

I think that's it and that's all I'm doing...I'm trying to keep it simple.

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

JJamiah

I am in 3 Challenges for next year and that was my max.

1) WL challenge of 2011
2) HYH Challenge Jan 1 - June 2011
3) NO Buy Challenge 2011 :) 2 legs of it!

That will be all :)

Katherina

Hmm...

2010:
Ceramides (i think :lol: I use em every wash anyway)
HYH part II
Boot Camp 2010
BSL 2010 (IDK if I'm going to make it :sad:)
MBL 2010 (nowhere near it!)
Juice (dropped out of that)
DC 2010 - I'm in it faithfully but I don't update

2011:
MBL 2011 - I signed up for this earlier because I thought I was at BSL :sad:
BSL 2011 - I'll sign up after I trim 1.5" today. IDK why BSL is taking me so long - I had planned on being MBL by now but this necessary trim is gonna take me back to midway between APL and BSL! I guess it's the damage breaking off from before HHJ. :cry3:

I don't want to sign up for any more than these two for next year. I don't like restrictions and I already know what works for me! I'm bummed that I've been at APL for a year. Hopefully in 2011 I'll be able to reach my goals.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
5 so far,but most of these are continuations from this year:

• Delightfully delicious DC challenge
  • Jheri juice challenge part II
  • Ceramide challenge
  • Hide your hair 2011
  • Long term stretch challenge

I plan to join one more, an APL challenge. It seems like alot but these challenges are all components of my reggie. They help me stay on my regime :yep:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Not a single one. Challenges have been helpful in the past, but right now I have to focus on my hair alone. I know exactly what I need to do and how to get it done.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Most Likely 3-4

1) Deep Condition *which I do anyway weekly*
2) Co-Wash *same
3) Hide Your Hair 2011 *already doing this too*:look:
4) Use 1 Buy 1 2011

*lurker in Sulfur Challenge*:grin:

Janet'

I signed up for one, MBL 2011. I got a relaxer this week and I am at MBL, even after getting my ends trimmed. :woot: I may stick with the challenge, I can use another inch in the front for full MBL. Not sure if I am up for the WL 2011 challenge. Although, a use up your stash challenge would be nice. :yep:

@TamedTresses, :congrats: on your progress, that's awesome!!!!

I don't even think I can remember them all lol!

BSL
MBL or WL (I forget which one of these I joined)
No Heat (I think)
Fall/ Winter Co-washing
Boot Camp 2011
Braid it up
Sulfur challenge

Probably some others!
I wasn't in any challenges in 2010

You are going HARD for 2011 :giggle: :giggle:

Okay here we go:

APL 2011
BSL 2011
MBL 2011 (tried to drop out but couldn't :lol: )
Sulfur 2011
HYH 2011
Get An Inch
WL 2012 and 2013

I got all bases covered :lachen:

:lachen: YES, you do! And no ma'am---you are gonna thug out that MBL challenge!!!! :lol: :lol:

I am in the following:

1. APL in 2011(Prizes)
2. BSL in 2011
3. Sulfur Challenge 2011
4. Hide Your Hair (but I think I am going to drop out before it startsThat's all I can think of right now.

Oh NO :nono::nono: Why are you dropping out of the beloved HYH Challenge???

Solitude

so far, just one - LHCF bootcamp. I think that's all I will join. My goal is full BSL, but I'm focusing more on health next year and aiming for even, blunt ends. This means I'll be trimming and may not see mega length. I'm also stretching for a year in an effort to support my sister (who is natural) and my mom (who is thinking about going natural).

Shadiyah

I acually I have decided not to be in any challenges this year because of me not being albe to show my hair I think it is just a great idea for me to just lurk. I am not trying any new products because that is when I have my set backs. keep it simple is what I believe is for me.

wheezy807

How many challenges were you in for 2010?
I can't even remember because i dropped out of all of them except MBL and WL 2010. Did you find that the challenges helped you on your hair journey? How many have you already signed up for in 2011? Let's see.....Sulfur, Bunning, HYH and Bootcamp. I guess four so far.

Also i would really like to sign up for Deep Conditioning and Use Your Products Up (Use 1 BUY 1) but the thread are so long and it annoys me. I wish they would start a seperate thread for 2011.

Or are you anti-challenges all together? Why or Why not...
Last year i was anti-challenge and fell off the wagon really hard. But this year i am all for challenges. i'm praying that it will help me stay motivated and reach my ultimate goal of WL. Wish me luck!

Last edited: