APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

PlainJane

Who's starting the challenge guys? Any takers. Would love APL / BSL 2015 challenge to start end of October lol. Get it early...
I won't start it but I will join! My hair does so much better when I stay active on the forum. I'm really going to stay focused and active next year in my challenges.

quirkydimples

You have nice waves. It looks like you may just need to twist the ends a bit more before you wrap it. I think next time you will get it perfect.

I'm trying again tonight. Last night I did three knots on each side and tonight I have two on each side, plus I used a little mouse and twisted them really well and wrapped them tightly around the base. I'll post pics in the morning.

Adiatasha

Ok... So ive been using KCKT along with the KCCC... I really really like the combo on my 4c hair.

Thinking of getting a dominican blow out and a trim tonight...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is my hair after my Raspberry rinse. I should've used heat to make the color more intense

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1413473111903.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1413473111903.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 57

PlainJane

When did we start categorizing the challenges with multiple goals? It makes it a little confusing, but maybe that's just me. I remember when the challenges used to be APL 2014, BSL 2014, MBL 2014, etc...

bluenvy

Adverage hair grows 6 inches per year. Some will grow less, some will grow more. Sl-apl is less than 6 inches, apl-bsl is less than 6 inches. I think it make sense these hair goals are combined.
I'm on my way to bsl. Had I not taken proper care of my hair washing weekly, dc, m/s etc I be fighting to make apl.
My opinion, I think goals are realistic, just depends how ones hair grows, and maintaining length.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
When did we start categorizing the challenges with multiple goals? It makes it a little confusing, but maybe that's just me. I remember when the challenges used to be APL 2014, BSL 2014, MBL 2014, etc...

It was changed last year when we were deciding if it was a good idea to merge the two. It's not that confusing sis. A lot of us wanted to keep up with each other and stay in challenges together so we merged it. That way once you hit APL you move on to BSL within the same thread.

quirkydimples

This is what I want my bantu knot out to produce. How can I make that happen on APL hair? I also posted pics from my hair yesterday. The first one of me is before I took a paddlebrush to my hair. I eventually just put it up in a spin pin bun. Last night I tried to do it using the headband method...fail. I might have to break out my caruso steam rollers.

Attachments

• image-1817670581.jpg
    image-1817670581.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1993798317.jpg
    image-1993798317.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 33
  • image-1842383976.jpg
    image-1842383976.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3398229641.jpg
    image-3398229641.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image-35311035.jpg
    image-35311035.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image-2079236405.jpg
    image-2079236405.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 26

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is what I want my bantu knot out to produce. How can I make that happen on APL hair? I also posted pics from my hair yesterday. The first one of me is before I took a paddlebrush to my hair. I eventually just put it up in a spin pin bun. Last night I tried to do it using the headband method...fail. I might have to break out my caruso steam rollers.

I notice that their roots are straight. To achieve that look use fewer knots. Do about 4 big bamtu knots in a criss cross pattern so the parts won't show. Usually people do 4 sections in a t shape, but use an x instead

PlainJane

It was changed last year when we were deciding if it was a good idea to merge the two. It's not that confusing sis. A lot of us wanted to keep up with each other and stay in challenges together so we merged it. That way once you hit APL you move on to BSL within the same thread.
Ohh okay thanks for explaining! I didn't realize it was for the sake of following each other's journeys and staying connected. That makes sense.

quirkydimples

I notice that their roots are straight. To achieve that look use fewer knots. Do about 4 big bamtu knots in a criss cross pattern so the parts won't show. Usually people do 4 sections in a t shape, but use an x instead

I did four, but not in an X shape. I had two in the front and two in the back. I'll give the X shape a try next time.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My biotin, purple flexirods and Chi Keratin mist is here! I'm going to moisturize with the Chi spray and braid my hair. I will be wigging it for one more week. Sigh

iLurk

Ok so I purchased a wig. Will be here monday i think. its synthetic and human blend so just maybe i will get a little longer of a life span out of it than a standard synthetic.

PlainJane

I keep flip flopping between maintaining APL throughout this transition or just letting my hair grow. If my ends keep cooperating with heavy sealing, then I'll keep growing it out.
I just pulled out my tape measure and I'm 6 inches until MBL.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I keep flip flopping between maintaining APL throughout this transition or just letting my hair grow. If my ends keep cooperating with heavy sealing, then I'll keep growing it out.
I just pulled out my tape measure and I'm 6 inches until MBL.

"Let It Grow, Let it Grow" in my Frozen voice

krissyc39

I've been going full speed on this challenge! Oiling and massaging my hair everyday and nonstop protective styling :) Only thing I need to get better about is leaving my hair alone and styling my bun in different places but I've been concious of that too... Maybe I can get 1.5-2 inches by January?