APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I was supposed to get my sew in yesterday and ended up doing my two daughters heads instead. So today I just went ahead and sewed down the u part I made...so glad I didn't take the wig apart bc that's what my sister in law was going to do my micro link sew in with. Any way my little rigged up sew in will do for bow until the links come in the mail. I put my hair in a bun and will probably leave it like this for a bit...

ForumRunner_20141025_181313.jpg

ForumRunner_20141025_181321.jpg

ForumRunner_20141025_181330.jpg

ForumRunner_20141025_181338.jpg

ForumRunner_20141025_181348.jpg

curls4daze

I'm still at shoulder length so obviously my regimen isn't working. So I will be joining APL 15. And trying to get to APL yet again. I think my problem is detangling. My hair is extremely course and thick and I must not be using the right products. I have to do something. I'm 3 inches away....so close but so far

PinkyPromise

I colored my hair honey/golden/blonde and finally made it back to full CBL. Im also taking Hairfinity, because that always seems to work for me. I was taking Hairfinity back when I made it an inch past my collarbone...but I did a blowout and it broke off. Hopefully I can gain 2 inches by Christmas.

PlainJane

So starting this week I'm going to start DCing twice a week. This will help me use up some products and hopefully turn my hair around.

PlainJane

A stylist I went to years ago used this as her DC and it always made my hair soooo soft. I never looked it up before but I just found out its a conditioner that is geared toward people that have gray hair and it stops the relaxer from turning it yellow. Wth? I don't have gray hair and I never went to her for a relaxer. Has anyone heard of this?
Here are the ingredients. I can't believe she was charging extra for this as a DC when a bottle is $7 from Sally's. She was always very secretive of her products and now I see why!

Ingredients : Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ceteareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-22, Phosphoric Acid, Pentasodium Pentetate.

Attachments

• image-1887899335.jpg
    image-1887899335.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 44

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
A stylist I went to years ago used this as her DC and it always made my hair soooo soft. I never looked it up before but I just found out its a conditioner that is geared toward people that have gray hair and it stops the relaxer from turning it yellow. Wth? I don't have gray hair and I never went to her for a relaxer. Has anyone heard of this?
Here are the ingredients. I can't believe she was charging extra for this as a DC when a bottle is $7 from Sally's. She was always very secretive of her products and now I see why!

Ingredients : Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ceteareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-22, Phosphoric Acid, Pentasodium Pentetate.

We use this on my grandma. It is used to keep the gray hair from turning yellow as you stated. My grandma's hair is more white than gray. Never heard of it being used otherwise.

PlainJane

We use this on my grandma. It is used to keep the gray hair from turning yellow as you stated. My grandma's hair is more white than gray. Never heard of it being used otherwise.
I was on my way to the store to buy it until I read what it was used for :lol: I saw peroxide as an ingredient so it's probably best if I don't buy it. It did make my hair so soft though. She might have repurposed the bottle tho and been using something else on my hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Ummmm guys we have a week left in October. No takers for starting the APL/BSL 2015 challenge? Prettymetty is already hosting the BSL/MBL 2015 challenge and I don't want to overwhelm her. If no takers Prettymetty looks like you will be hosting both ma'am! ;-)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ummmm guys we have a week left in October. No takers for starting the APL/BSL 2015 challenge? Prettymetty is already hosting the BSL/MBL 2015 challenge and I don't want to overwhelm her. If no takers Prettymetty looks like you will be hosting both ma'am! ;-)

I was just thinking about this today. I don't mind hosting both... I may start the challenge later today. I knowI have to tag quite a few people

bluenvy

I'm excited about our final length check, feels like the very first. Will drench my hair with water as much as possible during these couple of months to squeeze out growth lol. I'm in between buns and wngs. But wngs turns into buns by the next day, love my buns.

Fotchygirl

I'm excited about our final length check, feels like the very first. Will drench my hair with water as much as possible during these couple of months to squeeze out growth lol. I'm in between buns and wngs. But wngs turns into buns by the next day, love my buns.
I'm all for being positive about my HHJ but with the breakage I'm experiencing I'm not sure I'll be at APL by December. But at least my hairline is filling in nicely and my hair is shorter but thicker.

IslandMummy

I'll do it no biggie! I'll be again anyway :lachen:

charmtreese

I think I'm more nervous than excited. If my hair is not full APL by the end of December, I'm going to be sooooo heated!! :heated:

Either way Im in this challenge until I reach full BSL! :yep: