APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

faithVA

[USER=367733 said:
Adiatasha[/USER];20613651]2 more weeks until this sew in is out. After 3 months.

My plan is to use terressentials mud wash in lemon flavor and perform their detox. I've never used it before. Or should I go for the MHM?

The last time I saw my hair it looked like this ...

View attachment 278393

I have 4c Hair

You can always do the detox and see if it is enough for you, especially if you don't plan to wear your hair out very much. After that you can decide if you need more and do the MHM.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I colored my hair last night (just the bottom portion kind of an "ombre" except I had no clue what I was doing as the hair was still sewn in lol. I tried to get some good pics but these were the best I could get. I also did my daughters hair last night and my sisters wig today.

View attachment 278447

View attachment 278449

View attachment 278451

View attachment 278453

View attachment 278455

View attachment 278457

View attachment 278459

View attachment 278461

View attachment 278463

View attachment 278465

View attachment 278467

iLurk

Ok I just looked at some bss human wigs and all I could think was yuck. I was thinmking of getting a blonde one so I can dye it but those things are just too ugly for my taste.

But besides that, if my calculations are right, I need 3-3.5 inches until I hit bsl. So I'm estimating I'll be there around march if I'm not anytime sooner. Kinda makes me excited.

And I've think I've finally learn to appreciate my hair more now. All this time I was thinking my hair wasn't growing and it turns out it was just me. I wrote about it in my blog on here... don't think I'm completely over hairnorexia cause I still feel as though my hair is like collar bone length but I can definitely feel a difference and see it in terms of thickness compared to a year ago. I get compliments on how much hair I have and and some older woman saying she wanted to scalp me :perplexed dunno if that was a compliment or threat.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair (wig) looks a ham. It was getting frizzy so I cut it to aplish. I'm a few lbs away from that beautiful hip length human hair blend kinky straight wig. That was a mouthful lol.

Last edited:

Fotchygirl

So I colored my hair last night (just the bottom portion kind of an "ombre" except I had no clue what I was doing as the hair was still sewn in lol. I tried to get some good pics but these were the best I could get. I also did my daughters hair last night and my sisters wig today.

View attachment 278447

View attachment 278449

View attachment 278451

View attachment 278453

View attachment 278455

View attachment 278457

View attachment 278459

View attachment 278461

View attachment 278463

View attachment 278465

View attachment 278467
So beautiful! I love that color, it goes well with your skin tone.

Fotchygirl

What are you using to combat the breakage? Is it time for a dusting?
I'm thinking it's because I haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks and have just been applying a moisturizer and sealing with oil, I will give it some protein tonight since it's mushy. Absolutely no dusting or trimming for me for a while since the dreaded SHS cut off 2 inches during my last relaxer.

PlainJane

I have so much breakage right now, the hair is all over my clothes and on my sink and floor. Urghhh!
I just had this same problem. I swept the floors in my apartment and nearly had a heart attack at the amount of shed hair that was in the pile especially since I had zero signs of breakage.

PlainJane

Even though I just trimmed my hair with my split ender and went back over each section with scissors, my ends are STILL not better. I'm definitely staying away from wet bunning and heat now. I'm officially maintaining APL throughout my transition. Oh yeah, today makes 10 months! I'm so ready to be fully natural!

MsKikiStar

I'm still in! Been trying to just leave my hair alone without looking a mess :lol:. Lots of twist-outs without re-twisting and wash-n-gos. About 4 weeks ago I put Adore's Violet Gem color over the blue and green I had since it faded. Now that the weather is getting cooler I may do some mini twists.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1687198505.jpg
    image-1687198505.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3960135366.jpg
    image-3960135366.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image-3243693763.jpg
    image-3243693763.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm still in! Been trying to just leave my hair alone without looking a mess :lol:. Lots of twist-outs without re-twisting and wash-n-gos. About 4 weeks ago I put Adore's Violet Gem color over the blue and green I had since it faded. Now that the weather is getting cooler I may do some mini twists.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ooooh I love the color!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm thinking it's because I haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks and have just been applying a moisturizer and sealing with oil, I will give it some protein tonight since it's mushy. Absolutely no dusting or trimming for me for a while since the dreaded SHS cut off 2 inches during my last relaxer.

I had to do a protein treatment this week for that same reason. I will do another one next week and the week after until the breakage stops completely. That Nexxus Emergencee is the truth! :yep:

bluenvy

I Plan to keep my hair in protective styles for the next 5 months. I am 5 months preggo and lots of ppl trying to discredit my hard work of growing my hair due to my baby growing my hair out lol. Soon when I flat iron I hear " oh that baby growing your hair". I follow up with how I been taking care of my for the past year, and not cutting to my famous bob every summer. If anything my growth seems the same since pregnancy.

First pic before preggo November 13' and 5 months later April 14'.
Second pic a month before preggo April 14' to September 14'

Looks like the same growth to me

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I Plan to keep my hair in protective styles for the next 5 months. I am 5 months preggo and lots of ppl trying to discredit my hard work of growing my hair due to my baby growing my hair out lol. Soon when I flat iron I hear " oh that baby growing your hair". I follow up with how I been taking care of my for the past year, and not cutting to my famous bob every summer. If anything my growth seems the same since pregnancy.

First pic before preggo November 13' and 5 months later April 14'.
Second pic a month before preggo April 14' to September 14'

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/tanikamthomas/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps934f1cb5.jpg.html

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/tanikamthomas/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zps2e0343f7.jpg.html

Looks like the same growth to me

Your hair looks beautiful! And don't listen to what everyone else says...we know what you've been doing.

PlainJane

I'm using silicon mix as a DC on my hair for the first time right now and this does not smell good. I hope it lives up to the hype!

ETA: I wasn't necessarily wowed by it but it did help to detangle. I probably shouldn't have sat under the dryer after it had been sitting on my hair already for 45 minutes. I'll try again next week.

Last edited:

Funmiloves

ForumRunner_20141005_212117.jpg

ForumRunner_20141005_212154.jpg

20141005_163649.jpg

Slowly inching my way to apl... Not sure if I'll make it this year. Anyway, protective styling season is approaching, so installed crochet braids today.

ETA - apologies for side layout of pics, I'm attaching from my phone

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Slowly inching my way to apl... Not sure if I'll make it this year. Anyway, protective styling season is approaching, so installed crochet braids today.

ETA - apologies for side layout of pics, I'm attaching from my phone

You're almost there! Those crochets look so pretty...

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I went to a wedding yesterday and styled my sew in with a curling wand (just a light curl). I just put my hair in bantu knots so stay tuned for my bko on Tuesday.

The wand

ForumRunner_20141005_185601.jpg

ForumRunner_20141005_185613.jpg

Bkos

ForumRunner_20141005_185628.jpg

apple_natural

I bought two Shea Moisture Deep Treatment whatever. They were buy one get one free at CVS.... I'm sorry but I don't like them. I'm not a fan of Shea Butter in my hair. I have some and I don't like it and I don't like this product...... I'm going to use it since I have it but I conditioned with Aussie 3 minute afterward. I like that even though I think it has cones.

krissyc39

Got some new hair scissors after mine broke last week... in the process of S&D and cutting about an inch. BUTTT before I did started cutting I did a quick pull tug and I'm actually 1/2 inch past my bottom brastrap :) :)

Still planning on cutting my hair 3" at the end of the year though. I'm just glad my hair is responding to my daily scalp massages/vitamins/water intake

veesweets

I ordered some flax seed gel yesterday. I know, I know. It's easy to make myself, but I hate playing mixtress. It has flax seed gel, aloe vera gel, castor oil, olive oil, and vitamin E oil so I'm hoping my hair loves it.

I don't wanna rush things, but joico's treatment balm might just be my new boo..

I'm enjoying trying out rollersets. I haven't mastered how to make them last though. The humidity got me this weekend so I'm just wearing a bun till later this week.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I ordered some flax seed gel yesterday. I know, I know. It's easy to make myself, but I hate playing mixtress. It has flax seed gel, aloe vera gel, castor oil, olive oil, and vitamin E oil so I'm hoping my hair loves it.

I don't wanna rush things, but joico's treatment balm might just be my new boo..

I'm enjoying trying out rollersets. I haven't mastered how to make them last though. The humidity got me this weekend so I'm just wearing a bun till later this week.

Where'd you get the flaxseed gel? I may attempt to make some and I say attempt lol.

Fotchygirl