APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Beautiful hair! I can't for the life of me do Bantu knots, I love the results they give but I just think all that twisting would break my ends off. Maybe I should practice them with a sew-in.

Thanks! Yes try it out on your sew in and see how that works for you. That's why I'm in love with this sew in as it gives me many options without messing with or up my own hair. I just have very little left out in front.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am going to curl my wig with my mini curling iron. I want tight flexirod type curls. Hopefully it turns out ok. We are having people over later and Im sure me and my hair will be in several pics :lol:

NefertariBlu

Got some new hair scissors after mine broke last week... in the process of S&D and cutting about an inch. BUTTT before I did started cutting I did a quick pull tug and I'm actually 1/2 inch past my bottom brastrap :) :)

Still planning on cutting my hair 3" at the end of the year though. I'm just glad my hair is responding to my daily scalp massages/vitamins/water intake

how did you use it? I used it as a deep conditioner the first time and it was awful! I hated the way my hair felt after using it. But now I only use as the C in the LOC method. Or if I'm doing twists. Now is actually my favourite cream and bought it again when I run out. If you haven't already, try it for twists or for moisturising dry hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How prettie.
And your skin is flawless missy. Skin regi please. Skin type, cleanser, moisturizer, routine, foundation, please share.

Lol thank you ronie... I don't know my skin type (it's kind of a mixture of oily and dry in different spots)
I actually started using philosophy duo set from QVC a few years ago along with that face spin brush with it. I wash my face with the cleanser and then exfoliate both times using the spin brush. I do this every night. I don't have a moisturizer as I haven't found one that doesn't break me out yet. The foundation I use is perfectly real by Clinique. I'm trying to find out how to get rid of my dark circles though. I believe it's mostly hereditary and some not so much. I hate my under eye circle so much...

bluenvy

I like philosophy too. I use 3 in 1 face cleanser. Its a great product. Anywho I went back on my word of protective styling for next 5 months.

While out and about today, I walk by this Dominican salon I like. They have Tuesday's specials wash,blow dry and flat iron for $35! I couldn't resist. I got in at 12 And out the door at 1:15!
Not only do I love how my hair feels and looks, she was so gentle washing,detangling, blow drying and flat ironing. A+++
I will go back to her in a few months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 77

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I like philosophy too. I use 3 in 1 face cleanser. Its a great product. Anywho I went back on my word of protective styling for next 5 months.

While out and about today, I walk by this Dominican salon I like. They have Tuesday's specials wash,blow dry and flat iron for $35! I couldn't resist. I got in at 12 And out the door at 1:15!
Not only do I love how my hair feels and looks, she was so gentle washing,detangling, blow drying and flat ironing. A+++
I will go back to her in a few months.

Your hair is banging beautiful!

ronie

Lol thank you ronie... I don't know my skin type (it's kind of a mixture of oily and dry in different spots)
I actually started using philosophy duo set from QVC a few years ago along with that face spin brush with it. I wash my face with the cleanser and then exfoliate both times using the spin brush. I do this every night. I don't have a moisturizer as I haven't found one that doesn't break me out yet. The foundation I use is perfectly real by Clinique. I'm trying to find out how to get rid of my dark circles though. I believe it's mostly hereditary and some not so much. I hate my under eye circle so much...

I didnt notice until you mention. I went back to look at the picture to see what you were talking about:ohwell: I still dont see it:lol:. Thanks for the info. I have combination skin too: oily and shiny in the nose forehead area and dry everywhere else. My cheeks get oily occasionally, but mostly dry. I love everything clinique, and clinique loves my skin too, so i will look out for that.
bluenvy your hair is bomb girl. Absolutely beautiful.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I asked dh how I should do my hair this week and he said ditch the wig and wear my natural hair. So I'm going to be wearing a braidout bun for the next few days. Pics coming once I undo my braids :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wore a bun for 1 day and it wasn't as cute as usual. I decided to moisturize, detangle and rebraid my hair under a wig. I am going out tonight with new friends so I gotta look cute :blush:

iLurk

Today I was finger detangling dry hair and I come across a shed gray hair :perplexed it wasn't even the same texture as any other hair on my head Someone told me they noticed I had a gray strand but I thought they were just messing with me. I don't wanna panic but what the heck I'm nowhere near middle aged yet :ohwell::sad:

PlainJane

I did another trim yesterday because I'm still not happy with my ends and I'm transitioning so length isn't that important to me at the moment. But my longest section of hair was an inch away from BSL and that's officially the longest my hair has ever been. I'm definitely rejoining this challenge for next year!

Fotchygirl

Today I was finger detangling dry hair and I come across a shed gray hair :perplexed it wasn't even the same texture as any other hair on my head Someone told me they noticed I had a gray strand but I thought they were just messing with me. I don't wanna panic but what the heck I'm nowhere near middle aged yet :ohwell::sad:
I also have grey hairs and am in my early thirties but I know I get them from my Dad's family. That is why I have bought henna, I will use it next weekend. Hopefully it will cover them.

mshoneyfly

I rinsed my O/N henna out this morning. When I get home, I will apply indigo to see if I can get a good match for the color 1B. I still haven't tried out my new Italian yaki upart wig yet but its on my list for this weekend. I need to cut the lace, cowash, flat iron and blend.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still wigging it. I cut my wig to full shoulder length and curled it with a flatiron today. I feel like switching it up and wearing one of my short wigs, but it'll be obvious to my coworkers that it's a wig :lol:.
They actually think my current lace wig is my hair. Silly rabbits

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Girl, I'm jealous, :). It came out really nice. I need to stop being lazy about my hair, lol.

Thanks. I can't wait to be able to get this look with my own hair. I'm yearning for the length and fullness along with the health I already have with my hair! But for now I'm having fun trying out these different styles on my sew in.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Who's starting the challenge guys? Any takers. Would love APL / BSL 2015 challenge to start end of October lol. Get it early...