Any LHCF members in high school/college??

Lets Seee...

Im A College student at MIU! We go by years because we also do our terms by quarters. So im in my second year with about a year and a half left. hopefully less! *fingers crossed* I am 20. I thought i was short before reading this. Lol i am 5"4.

I started transitioning a little before Sept 2009. I try to keep it simple because i am always super busy with school. I co wash twice a week and deep condishion once. At the start and in the middle of the month i do a good shampoo.

My staple products are:
Burts Bee's More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Conditioner For Co Washes
Castor Oil, mixed with honey, and olive oil for deep conditioning with heat
Organix Tea Tree mint shampoo and condish ..just so my burts last longer
Veg. Glycerin on wet hair..SEX lol and virgin coconut oil

I am 21 and about to graduate from Florida State University. Major is poli sci and psych and I just finished my law school apps. I'm relaxed.

Staple products:

ION clarifying shampoo
WEN sweet almond mint and fig cleansing conditioners
AO HSR
Chi keratin mist
HE LTR leave in
*I need to get back to using my dominican conditioners though*

^^^I feel so old, and I feel extra old that I won't reach my goal until i'm about 24..I was suppose to reach it in college, until I started chopping my hair off.

^^^I feel so old, and I feel extra old that I won't reach my goal until i'm about 24...

Don't feel bad! I didn't start my transitioning journey until August 2009 when I was 21, and I don't think I will reach my ultimate goal of MBL Natural Straightened until my 25th birthday (2013). We're on the right path, so that's all that matters!

Hey Im 19!! I got to Empire State College in NYC...it really sucks..

I'm a newbie
Im kind of a product junkie so I have no staples...lol
Although I do love Elasta Mango butter and Carol's daughter Black Vanilla Leave in...!!
I pre-poo with Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Preshampoo and Coconut Oil
I wash with DooGro Tingling Shampoo
Currently Im conditioning with Pantene Curl Renewal
Leave in: Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner
and I seal with either Coconut oil or ORS Nature's Shine

I have made progress and hope to get my HL hair by the end of this year....!!

I'm in college. I'm 18 and attend the University of Memphis. I discovered this site in highs chool my senior year but haven't attempted a serious hair journey until now.
I am 4 months post relaxer and considering transitioning...again.
But I don't know, this may end up becoming another stretch.

:bouncy: YEYYY!!! People my age! I'm 20. Attend Marquette University (where D. Wade came frm to put a name w/ a place) and I started researching hair care stuff from march of last year and officially started my journey at the beginning of this year.

I think I'd have way more growth but I switch products a lot because i like the feeling of having something better. (pj in the making i kno :rolleyes: ) So far, i moisturize my edges and nape with s-curl (if anyone knows sumthing more moisturizing PLEASE let me kno... the air is really dry up north) and I've decided to transition because my strands are too fine for relaxers. My ends break when the wind blows :perplexed . My last relaxer was november of 09 (i was transitioning b4 that but i really wanted my hair to blend w/ my sowin :nono2: ) and i don't plan on BCing until... idk. When i don't want to take care of 2 textures anymore i guess. :spinning: My other staples are giovanni direct leave-in, olive, castor, and wheat germ oils, and he-ltr for weave. And mayb evn those might switch. :drunk:

Oooooo.... I just bought and tried Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Trauma Masque with shea butter, sea kelp, and argan oil. There are more ingredients but I don't have the jar in front of me now. But kno that they're good and all nat-ur-al! I rinced my hair out and angels started singing... then realized it was the tv... but still! It's the ish and only $10 at target (gotta stay in the budget). :angel:
51SZMJfbWeL._AA260_.jpg

OK! I'm done now. :grin:

Hey Im 19!! I got to Empire State College in NYC...it really sucks..

I'm a newbie
Im kind of a product junkie so I have no staples...lol
Although I do love Elasta Mango butter and Carol's daughter Black Vanilla Leave in...!!
I pre-poo with Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Preshampoo and Coconut Oil
I wash with DooGro Tingling Shampoo
Currently Im conditioning with Pantene Curl Renewal
Leave in: Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner
and I seal with either Coconut oil or ORS Nature's Shine

I have made progress and hope to get my HL hair by the end of this year....!!

Hows that Pre Poo working for you? I want to try it. i've heard a lot of good things.

i'm 21 and i go to Brooklyn College. my daily hair regimen is simple, but my washes take 5EVER.

i always stretch my relaxers, and now that my hair is underprocessed (proclaim/affirm doesnt work for me) i constantly braid my hair up. I just had a mini setback, i had to cut about an inch off all around because my fam went to Orlando and i wasnt anticipating all the chlorine from the water rides :wallbash:

i wore halfwigs consistently before, but my current bf would rather me just wear my own hair (which is interesting because my ex liked me alot more with the half wigs) :rolleyes:

So now in order to get the length back ( i trimmed on March 30) i plan on switching up relaxers and yarn braiding for the summer (thats the hairstyle in my icon)

my regimen- tresemme curl hydration sealed with jamaican black castor oil. i grease my scalp with a lil bit of megatek and then go over that with jbco.

my wash takes forever so here are the cliff notes:
prepoo with any condish
rinse
aphogee for damaged hair shampoo
rinse
olive oil replenishing conditioner for 30-40 min or longer
rinse
roux porosity control for 5- 10 min
rinse
dry

then lacio lacio leave in, chi, aphogee leave in vitamins - in no particular order

then i air dry and straighten

I'm 19 , going to Hunter College in NYC

I just started my journey in September and went from ear length to now shoulder length (need to update pic:perplexed) and I'm so happy about my progress.

My regiment
I ps 98% of the time
I moisturize with ORS moisturizing lotion
Deep con with ORS replinishing pak and Lustrasilk cholesterol
leave-in is Aphogee green tea
I air dry
I baggy 1ce/2ce a week

Heyy you guys! :wave:I just started a couple of days ago. I am 19, it's nice to know that there are members around my age:grin: I been trying to grow my relaxed hair for a couple of years but due to bad habits it would always break off, this website has helped me alot, my hair is finally thriving!
My Regimen(still in the works!)
-wash once a week with CON shampoo
-cowash with many different conditioners
-condition with CON conditioner
-deep condition with tea tree oil cholesterol
-moisturize with Hawaiian silky 14 in 1, shea butter,coconut oil, tea tree oil
-I try not to use heat but I usually either blow dry or or air dry and straighten with my CHI

I'm 21...Junior in college. Natural for about a year now and loving it.

Staples: shea butter, random cheap conditioners and that's about it.

My reggie is pretty simple. I co-wash my hair everyday and let it air dry with some conditioner, oil, and shea butter left in it. I either bun it or let it dry loose. I shampoo about once a week and I DC afterward. That's it...boring.

I took my first trip to a stylist recently for the first time in almost 2 years. I think I might start going once a month or something to get my hair straightened since it doesn't look too good when I do it myself.:ohwell:

About Me: I'm 18 and about to be a Freshman at Eastern Michigan University.
Reggie: I keep my hair in braids. Full head braids if I know I'm not going out soon or partially in braids and some hair out for half wigs. I deep condition x2 a week and moisturize my hair twice a day w/ a water & vitamin e oil mix.
Staples:
Water & Vitamin E Oil mix
HE LTR Conditioner

I found this thread hoping to find some LHCFers around my age to help me along with my hair care journey. I'm 20 and attending Southern Illinois University. My major is Foreign Language and International Trade (Japanese and Marketing). I just started figuring out a few things that my hair likes.

I co-wash almost daily
Deep condition 1x a week.
My hair is in LOVE with Skala products
Protein has also become my new best friend and I use Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer about 1-2 a week.
EVOO is also a must!

I'm in university right now. It's good to see other young people on their hair journey :yep:

My regimen is pretty simple during the semester. I protective style most of the time and wash and DC when I can (usually on the weekend or every other weekend). I moisturize and seal when my hair feels dry.

During the summer my regimen is more rigorous because of all the free time. I usually deep condition twice a week and moisturize and seal daily.

:grin: Just rescuing another really great thread from the forgotten lands. I'm sure there are still lots of student LHCFers who haven't seen it.

As for me. I turned 20 yesterday!!!:yep: I'm a third year university student (Human Resource Management). speaking of which I shouldn't even be on here cause I definitely have school work I said I was going to get a head start on:blush:

Im 21 and I go to Tulane Univ in New Orleans.
I just wash and deep condition once a week. I alternate between a shampoo bar and sulfate free shampoo.
I use Silk Elements Moist Treatment, Taliaj Waajid Herbal enhancing condtioner.
Leave ins:GVP Redken Anti-Snap or GVP Paul Mithchell The condtioner. QB Alma& Olive heavy Cream. Seal with TW African Healing Oil.
Henna every 2 weeks(if I have time) to once a month
Use Keracare Super reconstructor or aphogee 2 min when needed

im almost 20, i go to the university at buffalo...pre-pharmacy/pharmaceutical sciences major...

staples: H2O, aussie moist, aussie 3 minute miracle, HE totally twisted or hello hydration, castor oil, giovanni 50:50 shampoo, honey, aloe vera gel/juice, HE long term relationship leave-in or giovanni direct, ORS Replenishing condish, ecostyler

when my hair is out i wash once a week and cowash mid week ususally and rock a WnG pulled into a puff...i have in a weave now and i try to stretch my washes out to once evry 2 weeks w/ a cowash in the middle

ahh,im 17 too lol i feel extra young too
im a freshman @ Georgia State. Im doing pre-med...i want to be either a medical examiner,an anesthesiologist, or an ER doctor.im still trying to make up my mind lol.

my hair's relaxed,i get touchups every 12 wks
i co-wash twice a week with either suave,garnier,or herbal essences and every sunday i was with Mizzani botanical shampoo&i deep condition with silicon mix
i stay in braidouts 90% of the time, i straighten my hair once every 2 months
i moisturize my hair everyday with s-curl moisturizer& i seal with coconut oil

I feel a bit old trying to join you guys, but im still in college. Im 22 and graduating this semester. I've been looking at this site since I was 17 if that counts. I wouldn't say that I have a perfectly sound regimen, but it seems to work so far. I would also disregard the past 4 years since I've gone through about 2 and a half big chops and couldnt decide which route I wanted to take.

Since Im on an indefinite transition and wear my hair straight, i've been doing the following routine:
-apply deep conditioner on dry hair overnight via relaxer method ( usually cocktail of moisturizing and protein deep con)
-shampoo scalp first time with Elucence moisture benefits ( i dont have a clarifying sulfate free poo)
-shampoo hair and scalp 2nd time with nigelle ER shampoo
-place nigelle er treatment ( light deep conditioner) on mid shaft to ends for about 5 minutes
-rinse thoroughly lightly blot hair
-spray with liquid leave in conditioner ( currently Aphogee pro vitamin)
-place a quarter size amount of serum on hair (either gvp super skinny, fantasia ic or chi silk infusion)
-procede to blowdrying with denman d5 brush and a blowdrier w/ concentrator
-flat iron doing hot set method with one pass ( basically curling hair with flat iron for volume and bounce)

I usually do this once a week or every two weeks. Other styles dont provide me as much benefits as wearing it straight and still looking presentable.

I'm 17(soon to be 18) and I go to Wellesley.

I'm relaxed and get touch-ups every 13 weeks or so.
I wash with shampoo once a week, cowash twice a week.
I bun/braid all week besides the weekend. Then I'll straighten and wear it down.

I'm 18 and I just finished Sixth Form, and I'm taking a gap year at the moment before I go to university to study biology :)

Last edited:
Go Panthers!!!! I graduated in 2008 from GSU.

ahh,im 17 too lol i feel extra young too
im a freshman @ Georgia State. Im doing pre-med...i want to be either a medical examiner,an anesthesiologist, or an ER doctor.im still trying to make up my mind lol.

my hair's relaxed,i get touchups every 12 wks
i co-wash twice a week with either suave,garnier,or herbal essences and every sunday i was with Mizzani botanical shampoo&i deep condition with silicon mix
i stay in braidouts 90% of the time, i straighten my hair once every 2 months
i moisturize my hair everyday with s-curl moisturizer& i seal with coconut oil

I'm a college sophomore (19) and go to one of the many schools in Cambridge, Ma. It's like everyone here is going natural! I'm still clinging on to the creamy crack, though. :lachen:

Hi everyone! I'm 19 I go to Georgia Southern In Statesboro,Ga but I'm from Savannah,Ga. I'm relaxed BSL/BSB and my new goal is MBL. Just a few extra inches to give me ya know? I've had long hair my entire life. Right now I have a KISS regimen. I am NOT a product junkie I would much rather buy clothes and shoes lol.
-Wash once a week with CON (orange bottle) or either Silk Elements Shampoo
-Deep Condition with Silk Elements Conditioner and I just tried the SE Cholesterol. Freaking love it!
-Moisturize with either Profective Growth Lotion(awesome), Wave Nouveau (it's okay), or Silken Child(just started no complaints so far)
-Seal with either African Herbal Oil (it's cheap but hey it works. If it's not broke dont break it)
-Leave ins Aphogee Green Tea and Aphogee Pro Vitamin
-I bun 99.9% of the time. I think I'm about to start wearing one braid though. A little spot of my nape is breaking.
I truely believe less is more.

Back