Back to school ladies:how are u gonna wear your hair?

RegaLady

Considering that school is starting in about four weeks,whether it be high school, college, or grad school, what are you ladies doing to your hair? I was curious because seeing that I am a student with little money, I got braids. Any one else?

Pheonixx

I think I'm going trim my hair a bit and into a sew-in.
I think...:ohwell:

What with class and ROTC....and this dern humidity:ohwell:.....I think a sew-in, or braids is the most convenient route.
These braid-outs are starting to get old. I'll still cowash but I can't be dealing with all this braiding every night.

poookie

as soon as this dern internship is over (and i no longer have to get up in the morning at 5 am), i will resume daily cowashing and airdrying flexi-rod sets overnight!

TaurusAngel

I plan on trying a Cellophane in black. I also am relaxing next week so i guess i'll either wear a rollerset or do the saran wrap method.

RegaLady

Okay cool! I know I have been on these boards all summer, so I know when fall hits I won't have time to be in my hair. So I was curious to see what everyone was doing! Thanks for your input!:grin:

NinasLongAmbition

Well, right now I have braids in I've had them in since June 20th so I'LL be leaving it until August 20th than after that I'm going to get a spiral curl set for about 11 days until my relaxer on sept.1st.

JaszG

Hopefully I will be able to afford a good dryer, and the things I want, then I'm going to start doing braid outs and roller sets. I'm only going to flat iron for occasions.

RegaLady

Well, right now I have braids in I've had them in since June 20th so I'LL be leaving it until August 20th than after that I'm going to get a spiral curl set for about 11 days until my relaxer on sept.1st.
Why are you leaving them in for 2 months, I thought braids can be left in for 3 months!:ohwell: That's how long I was planning to leave my braids in, unless I was uninformed!

shorthairdiva09

i am thinking of getting a sew in for a couple months because with my hectic schedule and workstudy i doubt i have time to do all i do now.

Sew In
Micros
Tree Braids
Quick Weave...

NinasLongAmbition

Why are you leaving them in for 2 months, I thought braids can be left in for 3 months!:ohwell: That's how long I was planning to leave my braids in, unless I was uninformed!
No, you werent misinformed. The only reason Im taking it out August 20th is because I planned on leaving it in for 2months , Im using MT SO THE NEW GROWTH CAN GET OUT OF HAND, and I'm set to get a relaxer Sept.1 and Im hoping to make APL.:grin:

RegaLady

No, you werent misinformed. The only reason Im taking it out August 20th is because I planned on leaving it in for 2months , Im using MT SO THE NEW GROWTH CAN GET OUT OF HAND, and I'm set to get a relaxer Sept.1 and Im hoping to make APL.:grin:

Ohhhhh Okay! Yea I just got braids put in yesterday! And I have my MT! So I am ready to rock and roll!:yep::spinning: Did you get alot of NG? And how did you apply it in?

RedVelvet310

Hmm.. hopefully I'll have a full shoulder length bob by then :yep:... cut a cute side bang and rock it... my cousin bc-ed me in January in her dorm room (we go to te same school).. I can't wait to show her, she'll love it... then probably lecture me for straightening my hair after we went through the trouble of cutting off all the permed ends... so after that I'll probably wear a nice puff, and make everyone look TWICE!! (I love when they do that!)

missnurselady

I was just wrecking my brain about his. I have no edges due to a horrible set of cornrows. I was thinking a sew in but again my edges are an issue:nono: plus i enrolled in PE class, as well as my workout schedule im not sure what to do. I want braids but they just kill my edges every single time. Im currently rocking a cute short wig but I cant wear it for long periods of time because it starts to irritate me. Im just stuck like chuck! Help a sista out. Im trying to be "that girl" on campus this year:grin:

cutiebe2

Lat year I wore braids and then I just put my hair in a pony tail for the remainder of the year. Big mistake...my hand in hair disease combinded with the cold Boston weather meant I did not get that much growth

so this year I am using half-wigs (my hair is too long for braids now) and just wrapping the hair in a silk or satin scarf when I don't have the wig on

GeauXavi

For me...it's back to work...at a SCHOOL...lol

I think I'm gonna do once a week flexi-rod sets for the first 6 weeks...to end my stretch...after my perm...back to updos probably...

BeetleBug

I'm getting my Senegalese Twists redone and I'll keep that style till the end of the year(not the same twists, I'll have to keep getting them redone every 2.5 months). I have to take them all out later this week to give my hair a break.

Last edited:

Solitude

For the first couple of weeks (of law school), I'm wearing a roller wrap because it's my fav hairstyle and I like to make a good impression when I first meet people.

Then, it'll most definitely be braids or twists 'til December!

RegaLady

I was just wrecking my brain about his. I have no edges due to a horrible set of cornrows. I was thinking a sew in but again my edges are an issue:nono: plus i enrolled in PE class, as well as my workout schedule im not sure what to do. I want braids but they just kill my edges every single time. Im currently rocking a cute short wig but I cant wear it for long periods of time because it starts to irritate me. Im just stuck like chuck! Help a sista out. Im trying to be "that girl" on campus this year:grin:

I know what you mean. I wanted to rock a sew in, but I had to be honest. I would be all in the weave hair, so I went for braids. My braids are sooooo blah, but I have to focus on my studies and not my hair:ohwell:.
Is there a way you can wear a wig with the band, or will that irritate your edges also. Are you putting anything on your edges to stimulate the growth?

NinasLongAmbition

Ohhhhh Okay! Yea I just got braids put in yesterday! And I have my MT! So I am ready to rock and roll!:yep::spinning: Did you get alot of NG? And how did you apply it in?

Cool beans!(lol) I have one of those pointy applicator bottles i mix my mt with about 1/4th the bottle castor oil. I apply it everynight all over my scalp and massage in.