Back to school ladies:how are u gonna wear your hair?

MissMusic

Buns with hair candy, braiduouts, hair half-up half-down. Basically anything that doesn't involve direct heat, sewn in hair, or braided in hair.

danigurl18

I'll be doing wash in gos until the fall and then it will be in braids or kinky twists until it is warm again!

LadyKaypnyc

I don't even want to think about it...Between grad school and work, I won't have much time for anything, let alone my hair, so I might put some small individuals(w/o extensions):ohwell:

eunique

Good question! I'm still tryin' to figure it out myself. I'm either going to start my locs or get a nice natural updo or something ... I dunno. I'm supposed to get my hair braided [if i don't get locs] after school starts because my friend who'd do them is home and will be busy that first week.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I'll probably relax and do a rollerset for the first couple of weeks, though it may be pointless with the humidity. I'll also rock twistouts regularly or do my boring half up half down style with my favorite hair clip. I want micros, but the last time I got them they jacked up the right side of my head so those are out of the question.

missnurselady

Im using MegaTek right now but before I put on my wig cap I usually apply the megatek then some castor oil or something thick. I could invest in one of those gel liners I saw on one of the websites, but you know how they get so hot while your working out:ohwell:. Im just at a loss right now maybe I will go pick up a hair mag or something to give me some inspiration
[/b]
I know what you mean. I wanted to rock a sew in, but I had to be honest. I would be all in the weave hair, so I went for braids. My braids are sooooo blah, but I have to focus on my studies and not my hair:ohwell:.
Is there a way you can wear a wig with the band, or will that irritate your edges also. Are you putting anything on your edges to stimulate the growth?

CheLala13

I was going to get braids but now I don't know.
I have braids in now and it hasn't even been a month and they look HORRIBLE, one fell out already, & it itches so bad I want to pull them out myself. :wallbash:

delitefulmane

I was just wrecking my brain about his. I have no edges due to a horrible set of cornrows. I was thinking a sew in but again my edges are an issue:nono: plus i enrolled in PE class, as well as my workout schedule im not sure what to do. I want braids but they just kill my edges every single time. Im currently rocking a cute short wig but I cant wear it for long periods of time because it starts to irritate me. Im just stuck like chuck! Help a sista out. Im trying to be "that girl" on campus this year:grin:

I guess I am in the same boat as you! My edges are thinning from some box braids a girl from my school put in! But I really wanna get some more sengalese twists. I got major growth before with them and my natural hair in twists don't last that long. *sigh* DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS

MonPetite

Curly fro and or...adorned curly fro. Between an internship, honors prog, my senior year, and other activities I will be keeping it simple.

Highlights are calling me though. Sigh. I knew this day would come.

Isis77

since winters down this way are fairly mild (compared to the frigid cold i'm used to in MI :lachen:) i plan on just keeping up with the daily co-wash n' go until my ear-lobe length, curly bob grows out and begins brushing my shoulders, at which time i will just co-wash n' go and tie up my hair in a panty-hose liner hair tie and rock the poofy ponytail. (can u tell i have thought this through a little too theroughly? :grin:) co-washing and scrunching takes 2-min. in the span of my daily life so it's the easiest thing to do for me and my hair.

lilsparkle825

i'll probably be doing straight wash-n-go's and twistouts with headbands to accessorize until i can fit it into a puff.
sounds like me with the WNGs...i want a sizeable ponytail so i'm working my way there.
Hopefully I will be able to afford a good dryer, and the things I want, then I'm going to start doing braid outs and roller sets. I'm only going to flat iron for occasions.
i got a new hood dryer in may and it BROKE...so maybe i will be able to find one of the rollaround ones from a salon (i did last month but forgot about it) and take that. i need to work on my rollersets too so i can do those once i hit full SL, and i really want some flexirods so i can dry overnight in those but they are so dang on expensive. ooh, and i got a solia so i will also be flatironing every once in a blue moon.
I don't know. I might just wear my silk scarf to class.:look:
lol! i wish this were still first year...id be all over that.
since winters down this way are fairly mild (compared to the frigid cold i'm used to in MI :lachen:) i plan on just keeping up with the daily co-wash n' go until my ear-lobe length, curly bob grows out and begins brushing my shoulders, at which time i will just co-wash n' go and tie up my hair in a panty-hose liner hair tie and rock the poofy ponytail. (can u tell i have thought this through a little too theroughly? :grin:) co-washing and scrunching takes 2-min. in the span of my daily life so it's the easiest thing to do for me and my hair.
hey i'm in VA too :drunk: but it's cold to me...lol

ITA, cowashing and letting it go will be the easiest thing...till probably around my birthday in october. once i can go back to bunning i will do that.

*great thread* BTW.

fivetimestwo

I'll probably be bunning...I'll be full time this semester :drunk: (been part time for a while now) and I still have a full time job and 3 kids...sheesh! I'm enjoying letting my hair down for the summer, but once school starts at the end of Aug. I'll be hiding my hair, probably until my b-day in December.

N

NaturalBeauty87

I will be washing, deep condtioning and straightening my hair every two weeks and keeping it in a bun until next wash. I'm almost 5 months into my transition,my hair is texlaxed but really curly and these single strand knots are killing me.so know more cowashing daily and wearing a puff.:nono: