Any LHCF members in high school/college??

Danniquin

:wave: I'm 15, a sophomore in high school ;)

I'm still trying to figure out what products work best for me but I do have two staples already:

Oyin Juices and Berries - love this so much
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer - Best thing ever!!!

shakenspirit

i do believe i have "befriended" all of you ladies lol but if you dont have a request from me then can you guys please send me a request TIA

JuiceMobsta

hmm i have heard so much about mane n tail...do you think it's necessary to use a detangler...you may have already said but im slow so what's your hair type...i think im like a 3c and i just detangle in the shower with lots of cheapie conditioner and then if i want to comb it when its dry i just apply some moisturizer:look:
i think i might try the pantene i have never used their products

Naw its not...so far all I can say about it is I like the smell...lol

And noooo dont tell on me! I luvs my blue magic coconut grease ...I didnt say anything in that blank spot...nope not at all :sekret: I'm sure highlighting that blank spot doesnt show anything. MmmmHmmmm:look::look::look:

shakenspirit

:wave: I'm 15, a sophomore in high school ;)

I'm still trying to figure out what products work best for me but I do have two staples already:

Oyin Juices and Berries - love this so much
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer - Best thing ever!!!
hey guurrl heyy lol are you natural im assuming you are because of the oyin...what's your hair type, favorite styles etc

JuiceMobsta

I think I'm a 3b or c. But I'm still "transitioning". I don't use the Mane N Tail detangler leave in conditioner when I use Suave Hemuctant (my cowash condish) because it's just sooooo amazing on my hair. It's seriously so silk and nourished afterward. However, I've been deep conditioning with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and after I use it, I do need to use some of the M&T leave in. I'm probably buying a new DC tomorrow, btw, lol.

I use Pantene sometimes. I know a lot of people supposedly are anti-Pantene, but for me the products I've tried, have been nothing but blessings! ESPECIALLY the leave in cream for split ends. LOVE. :heart:

How many weeks post are you? I'm in the same boat..transitioning

shakenspirit

Naw its not...so far all I can say about it is I like the smell...lol

And noooo dont tell on me! I luvs my blue magic coconut grease ...I didnt say anything in that blank spot...nope not at all :sekret: I'm sure highlighting that blank spot doesnt show anything. MmmmHmmmm:look::look::look:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: you are too much i am always seeing your siggy around the boards and dying i loovve that movie lml

Danniquin

hey guurrl heyy lol are you natural im assuming you are because of the oyin...what's your hair type, favorite styles etc

Actually I'm not natural I just use natural products because there better for you and whatnot lol so far they work pretty good.

I think my hair type is 4a. I really don't have any special styles I wear my hair in a ponytail almost every day because I don't like buns especially not at school :p Sometimes I wear a braidout but it's usually in a ponytail.

shakenspirit

Actually I'm not natural I just use natural products because there better for you and whatnot lol so far they work pretty good.

I think my hair type is 4a. I really don't have any special styles I wear my hair in a ponytail almost every day because I don't like buns especially not at school :p Sometimes I wear a braidout but it's usually in a ponytail.
oh wow my badd lol yeah i look funny with buns just not cute:nono: lol

JuiceMobsta

:lachen::lachen::lachen: you are too much i am always seeing your siggy around the boards and dying i loovve that movie lml

Lol well I'm mad that he(darrell) took the last spray/pick combo on earth and ran away with it...I cant find one of those anywhere online....only the comb kind :computer::computer::computer:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
:eek:ffrant:

I'm 19. Morgan State. Natural. between SL & BSL.

I usually I cornrow my hair straight back && wear lace fronts all day.

My staples are Coconut oil
Giovanni leave in
Carols daughters mamosa hair honey
Aussie moist 3 min. miracle

My regime is...co-wash
deep condition
seal with oil
cornrow or flat twist.

silenttullip

I'm in college but not around you guys age "24" I just wanted to say what a good idea it was for you to start this thread OP and for you all to be interested in healthy hair care at your age. I didn't get interested until I was like 22 and had major shedding so you all should be commended.

shakenspirit

Lol well I'm mad that he(darrell) took the last spray/pick combo on earth and ran away with it...I cant find one of those anywhere online....only the comb kind :computer::computer::computer:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
:eek:ffrant:
:lachen::lachen:you know i never noticed that it was one contraption all these years

shakenspirit

I'm 19. Morgan State. Natural. between SL & BSL.

I usually I cornrow my hair straight back && wear lace fronts all day.

My staples are Coconut oil
Giovanni leave in
Carols daughters mamosa hair honey
Aussie moist 3 min. miracle

My regime is...co-wash
deep condition
seal with oil
cornrow or flat twist.
too cool i wanna try a lace front but i cant braid or flat twist lol is Morgan state fun?looks like it i was soo going there but of course i didnt send my SAT score lol and i got into my first choice but Morgan State def looks like more fun than Quinnipiac...off topic do you know someone named Arneja?:lachen:

O-ren

:hiya:

I just made 21 last month, and I'm a junior in college (one more year :woot:).

I have a regimen, which is:

Wash weekly
Co-wash every other night
Moisturize/Seal every other night (still trying to find my staple)
Baggy every night

I don't really do much manipulating which is in part because my hair is still short.

Products I use:

Coconut Oil
Garnier Fructis Moisture Works
AOHSR Shampoo and Conditioner
Afroveda's Shea Amla Buttercream, Curl Define (trying it out right now)
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In (for edges)
Oh!
And I just bought these: Shescentit's Moisture Mist Leave-In and Gillian Hair Butter

Last edited:

equestrian

I'm 15. and a freshman. I co-wash daily with Garnier Triple nutrition conditioner. Shampoo once a week with garnier triple nutrition( I mix the shampoo with EVOO to combat those sulfates), and deep condition with garnier 3 minute deep conditioner twice weekly. (haha see a pattern here).
I have also tried HE hydralicous, HE hello hyration, pantene pro-v, and suave humectant. none of which worked for me like garnier has. I still occasionally use suave humectant though. maybe 2-3 times a month and the HE is still sitting in the medicine cabinet. I'm currently applying MTG 3 times a week as well as well as occasional MN.

I wear my hair up via a claw clip 98% of the time and am avoiding a lot of unnessecary breakage by doing so. I only detangle in the shower. I am three inches from APL and my goal is BSL. I used to be APL when I was 10 or so. I hope to be APL by 12/10 and BSL by June 12/11. Sounds realistic to me.

Haha now lemme get off LHCF so I can finish up that research paper.

Last edited:

O-ren

I read earlier about you guys' baby face issues. Well, to relate, I went back to my high school a couple weeks ago, and I was mistaken for a freshman (9th grade!) several times. Girls came up and said, "She a new student???" and "You comin' here?" I was surprised, but then, again, this TWA and my 5'4" does make me look like a kid.

shakenspirit

I'm 15. and a freshman. I co-wash daily with Garnier Triple nutrition conditioner. Shampoo once a week with garnier triple nutrition( I mix the shampoo with EVOO to combat those sulfates), and deep condition with garnier 3 minute deep conditioner twice weekly. (haha see a pattern here).
I have also tried HE hydralicous, HE hello hyration, pantene pro-v, and suave humectant. none of which worked for me like garnier has. I still occasionally use suave humectant though. maybe 2-3 times a month and the HE is still sitting in the medicine cabinet. I'm currently applying MTG 3 times a week as well as well as occasional MN.

I wear my hair up via a claw clip 98% of the time and am avoiding a lot of unnessecary breakage by doing so. I only detangle in the shower. I am three inches from APL and my goal is BSL. I used to be APL when I was 10 or so. I hope to be APL by 12/10 and BSL by June 12/11. Sounds realistic to me.
lol you love ur GF good luck reaching your goals sounds like you're doing great so far

shakenspirit

I read earlier about you guys' baby face issues. Well, to relate, I went back to my high school a couple weeks ago, and I was mistaken for a freshman (9th grade!) several times. Girls came up and said, "She a new student???" and "You comin' here?" I was surprised, but then, again, this TWA and my 5'4" does make me look like a kid.
:lachen:i really don't think im getting away from it anytime soon. I'll probably be stopped on the street when i decide to have kids and be scolded about teenage sex and pregnancy i just look like a ten year old lol

OMG yes. everyone thinks i'm a "pretty 14 yr old" i'm 19. its soo annoying. because then yu have the 14 yo guys tryna talk to yu. and i have to tell them umm i graduated like 2 years ago. lol i get mistaken for 12-16.

equestrian

In fact you look like one of my peers. :lachen:

Last edited:

lil_xelle

I'm 19 in college (taking a semster off).:look:

I'm 4a/b natural

I usuall wear my hair in a puff or under a scarf

I really don't have a reggie yet, I just really like Castor oil and S curl.:drunk:

Oh im 5'4 and i have a young face and voice. People think my younger sister is older than me :wallbash: I hate answering the phone because my family always call be by my younger sister's name.

Just one random question.....do you pay for your products out your own pockets or do your parents pay for them.

L.Brown1114

you know whats funny? my family owns a building in a commercial area and i live above the business lol weird i know but anyway the point is we rent to a dominican salon and i have nevverr tried their products i should look into it btw your regimen sounds nice and simple just the way i like things lol thank you

yeah no problem! i dont like complex reggies and it annoys me when people add unnecessary oils to things that work fine by themselves. but yeah def. try them out, i cant wait to move im going straight to the dominican salon and the local BSS!!!

CurlTalk

I'm 17! Proud high school senior here.
I have a pretty simple regimen: wash and condition every few days, and either braid for a braiout, flattwist for a twistout, two strand twist and bantu, or two strand twist and set on rollers for curls. Simple.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm 19 in college (taking a semster off).:look:

I'm 4a/b natural

I usuall wear my hair in a puff or under a scarf

I really don't have a reggie yet, I just really like Castor oil and S curl.:drunk:

Oh im 5'4 and i have a young face and voice. People think my younger sister is older than me :wallbash: I hate answering the phone because my family always call be by my younger sister's name.

Just one random question.....do you pay for your products out your own pockets or do your parents pay for them.

hahaha my family doesnt support my habit...i guess if i couldn't afford to buy one bottle of vo5 shampoo and condish then they would give me a couple of dollars lol but my mom believes in having one of everything so no buying for me. I actually give them my stuff!

HappilyLiberal

Bumping this because I think it's cute you :baby2: are supporting each other. :lachen: BTW... for you babyfacer's... it doesn't end. I was still getting carded everywhere I went at 37!

azucar

:hiya: I'm 21 in college at Michigan State

Currently I'm currently growing out my TWA so I wear a lot of twist-outs via co-washing and finger combing almost daily with:
Yes to Carrots Conditioner
Motions Natural Therapy Marula Strength Conditioner
or
Suave Coconut Conditioner
After Co-washing I scalp massage with EVOO.
"moisturize" with shea butter and coconut oil mix.
Seal my ends with Blue Magic Coconut Grease:sekret:

Once a week:
Prepoo with EVOO, Detangle
Shampoo with Giovanni Moisture
Deep Condition with Elasta QP DPR-11

Trying to K.I.S.S.

danigurl18

I'm 22... a senior at Howard..my staples are Cantu Shea butter, loads of conditioner especially Givoanni 50/50, Taliah Waajid Protective Mist, Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1, aloe vera gel and coconut oil