Any ladies on high protein diet for stronger hair?

Researching

I've been eating about 40 grams of protein each day for stonger hair. So far I have been able to retain 2 and a half inches past my APL length that I have had since I was 16. Not sure if it's the diet or the other things but I was just wondering if any of you ladies were on a high protein diet? How much protein do you eat each day and how has it helped your retention?

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I was under the impression that I had to consume significantly more than 40 grams of protein per day. After referring to a number of sources, I believe that what constitutes high protein for me is between 70 and 80 grams of protein per day.

I've only been doing this for a few days though so I don't have any progress to report yet.

I'm not purposefully on a high protein diet (I love fish, turkey, and chicken) but I've recently started to monitor my intake since I began strength training. I get about 40- 60 grams depending on my work out for the day. I'll check in 90 days to see if it's helped my retention.

I eat high protein but not for hair purposes. I get at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight.

I have a hard time drinking water- makes my stomach upset and lemon in it gives my acid indigestion.:nono: I was drinking honey water and catching spring colds and my mom said cut that out bcs. honey has lots of bacteria and that's why I'm catching colds. I'm also a teacher so the kiddies keep me volunterable to virus. But, back to the protein. What do you eat to get your protein. I drink muscle milk daily and Power Bars (23 grams of protien) once a week. Try to go easy on bars bcs high in sodium and sugar. Also supplements are expensive and I'm broke right now. I also don't have a big appetite. So I'm gonna start working out to increase my appetite so I can eat bigger breakfastes with more protein. My typical protein diet for a day will be soy milk in cereal for breakfast, lunch-PBJ or tuna, cottage chesse, and muscle milk dinner - chicken, ground turkey, or steak. How about u?

Unfortunately, I have two challenges while trying this high protein diet: food allergies and a small appetite. I really can't eat a lot at one sitting, so I'm trying to supplement my protein intake with a whey protein shake in the morning. I don't want to eat only animal protein at meals, but I can't eat nuts, seeds or most legumes (including soy) , so I just started to experiment with high protein grains like amaranth and quinoa (if anyone knows any recipes, I'd be grateful :)

Back