Protein Shakes

H

honey_jammz82

I was wondering how many grams of protein you ladies consume in one day. I know protein is important in hair growth, and I know I am lacking it like crazy!!!

Does anyone know of any good protein shakes with not too many calories? I look forward to hearing back, because I need to start getting some protein in my diet asap!! :grin

Mochalolita

Hey there...Your post just reminded me...I used to take a product called Ultra Hair Thick Shake. I don't recall it having that many calories in it, but it did make my hair grow like crazy. Tasted really good, too. I found it at a health food store near me...now I'm wondering why I stopped taking it
Matter of fact, I think I'll run on out to the store and stock up....I'll post more about it when I get some, lol.

Hugs,
Crys

HOTCHOCOLATE

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
honey_jammz82 said:
I was wondering how many grams of protein you ladies consume in one day. I know protein is important in hair growth, and I know I am lacking it like crazy!!!

Does anyone know of any good protein shakes with not too many calories? I look forward to hearing back, because I need to start getting some protein in my diet asap!! :grin

[/ QUOTE ]

I use EAS Whey Protein. Calories=115 Carb=3gm Protein=21gm. I mix mine with skim milk and put in a banana, humm, humm good
(total cal=300). I purchase mine from Walmart $8.99

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Hi,
I haven't any idea about the calorie level but as a busy college student who's lazy about eating balanced meals, I recently starting boiling a whole crate of eggs, replacing them in the crate, storing in the fridge and eating them as snacks. I feel that it should cover my daily protein requirement.
Hope this helps!
Peace

cutelillady02

How long did it take you to see results with the ultra thick hair shake? Also how did you fix and was it hard to mix in with the juice. Thanks

Mochalolita

Hey there....the thick shake has 14 grams of protein in it. I went to the health food store to pick some up, but they no longer carried it
But, on the plus side, they did carry a protein shake mix by Solaray (which I understand is a pretty good brand) that looks and tastes just like it, with 14 grams of protein as well. Also it has all of the vitamins and minerals, with only 110 calories and 0.5 grams of fat. Pretty good deal, I think. It mixes pretty well, you can either stir for a while or shake, which i find easier. You can mix it with milk or juice or whatever, comes in 3 different flavors. Oh, and when I was taking it regularly, I noticed a difference in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this time won't be any different, lol. Hope that helps!

Hugs,
Crys

Brownie

I tried the Wal-mart EAS brand Vanilla Whey protein. Once again, it has 115 calories (for a 28.35 scoop). 2 grms of fat. 3grms sugar and 21g of protein. This costed about $8 for 12oz/ 340g. I believe it just comes in chocolate and Vanilla. You get 12 servings in this container.

Recently I bought some Pro Performance (100% Whey Protein). It's a 3 pound container (48oz), and right now, it's on sale at GNC for $21/ $17 with a Gold card. It has 120 calories for a 29g scoop. 2grms fat/ 2grms sugar and 3g carbs and 21grams of protein. The taste isn't bad and it mixes well with water or milk (milk's better). It comes in Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla. You get 47 servings in this container.

--My protein has been really low that's why I started these shakes, and I also started taking PP's AMino 1500. Good luck!

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
Hey there...Your post just reminded me...I used to take a product called Ultra Hair Thick Shake. I don't recall it having that many calories in it, but it did make my hair grow like crazy. Tasted really good, too. I found it at a health food store near me...now I'm wondering why I stopped taking it
Matter of fact, I think I'll run on out to the store and stock up....I'll post more about it when I get some, lol.

Hugs,
Crys

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that product ultra hair thick shake and not ultra thick hair shake? i ask because i can't find it in a search

keiron

hehehe the things people do to make their hair grow its real important then. i think its good that u can drink the drinks cause it also helps out your body anyway even thoe ur drinking it only for the hair to grow lol.

soslychic

bump. ultra hair thick shake-where can it be purchased and how much does it cost? does it contain all the vitamins that i will need besides the multi and biotin that I'm gonna take?

Cleo

I'm not sure of everything it contains, but you can purchase it at Vitamin Shoppe for about 13 or 14 dollars.

dstdiva

there is an active thread on the board called "ultra thick hair shake" right now. it's been going on for a couple of weeks. all the info you're looking for should be there...