Another Karishma Herbal Henna User...Best Henna I've Ever Used

cookie1

So it's been about 5 days since I henna'd. I've noticed that the color is much richer than the first couple of days. My hair is already a dirty reddish/brownish and it's more of a reddish/copper (I guess). My hair isn't shedding when dry w/manipulation (it still does while wet w/manipulation-to be expected) and it feels so strong. I"m still working on a moisturizing conditioner but, I'm so happy I did this Henna and will be ordering more soon and incorporating ayurvedic rinses in my routine. It still isn't shining but, I'll keep working on it.

yodie

I'm still reading this entire thread. Thanks for all the info.

I henna'd years ago with yogurt. I had a dry, awful mess and I don't really remember which kind of henna I used.

Questions.... Is all Karishma henna the same? I can I get any type of karishma henna from a local Indian store? Is anyone buying Indigo from the Ruchita site? If so, what are you buying?

Thanks ladies.

yodie

I would it like a intense deep conditioner.

I'd mix it (no release of course).
Apply.
Sit under the dryer for 30mins.
Rinse with a bottle of V05 conditioner.

I always buy a bottle of V05 conditioner for my henna treatments.

Are you saying that you mix the henna and apply immediately without waiting for the dye to release? If so, is this for thickening and strengthening only?

I want black hair.
I don't want the color from henna, only the strength and thickness. Should I allow the dye to release or just apply immediately?

Where do you buy your indigo and what kind do you use? Thanks.

Coffee

Well I henna'd tonight and I must admit Karishma Herbal Henna is the best I've used so far. It didn't have that gritty feel when washing it out and it was easy to wash it out of my hair. I am now on the love train for Karishma Herbal Henna.

BeautifulFlower

Are you saying that you mix the henna and apply immediately without waiting for the dye to release? If so, is this for thickening and strengthening only?

I want black hair.
I don't want the color from henna, only the strength and thickness. Should I allow the dye to release or just apply immediately?

Where do you buy your indigo and what kind do you use? Thanks.

I actually only use henna for the base for the indigo treatments but the side benefit is soft, strong hair. I do not wait to release because I regardless if I waited or not, it will dye my hair auburn anyway. Its a very potent mix.

Well I henna'd tonight and I must admit Karishma Herbal Henna is the best I've used so far. It didn't have that gritty feel when washing it out and it was easy to wash it out of my hair. I am now on the love train for Karishma Herbal Henna.

Welcome Aboard!:grin:

Doll

I'm still reading this entire thread. Thanks for all the info.

I henna'd years ago with yogurt. I had a dry, awful mess and I don't really remember which kind of henna I used.

Questions.... Is all Karishma henna the same? I can I get any type of karishma henna from a local Indian store? Is anyone buying Indigo from the Ruchita site? If so, what are you buying?

Thanks ladies.

Read about my recent experience with Indigo purchased from the Ruchita site (pg. 21). I'm still trying to get that Indigo grit out of my hair! This didn't happen with my Indigo purchased from Henna Sooq, but it was more expensive.

morehairplease

I purchased my first packet of Karishma herbal henna locally for $1.99 and will use it two weeks after I relax this Wed/Thurs. Thanks ladies for this thread.

LucyK

For DC/MD/VA ladies, I just saw this brand at the Halal Meat Store right next door to Indian Sari Palace on University Boulevard in Takoma/Langley Park MD. I thought the ingredients were awesome but was afraid to go with an unknown brand. I skipped it and picked up the Jamilah instead. Next time, I'll be sure to pick this up, God willing.

Just purchased 6 packs of Karishma in Columbia, SC (Indian Grocery Store - 2301 Bush River Rd) but the store owner said that Nupur is better. He encouraged me to use Nupur first and said he would be waiting for me to return the Karishma to his store because the Nupur was so much better. Anyone have experience between these two hennas?

Miss Monae

Ok, I have been stalking this thread on Karishma Henna for a while now and I finally got the nerve to buy some. The halal grocery store near me sells it for $1.99 a pack. I only got one pack because it was 150 g and I thought that should be enough for my shoulder length hair. I mixed it with water and a dab of conditioner and I let it set for 8 hours. Just so you all know, this was the first time for me EVER and I used the Karishma Herbal Henna. I must say...I absolutely LOVE it (sorry for the caps, I am just too happy). It rinsed out easy just like everyone who posted on here stated, and although my color has not set in fully, it looks great. It felt thicker and stronger on my first try. It didn't loosen my curl, but it made them much softer. I do wet buns so I was a bit concerned that it would make my hair hard, but it didn't.

Last edited:

BklynHeart

Okay, I did a Karishma henna treatment yesterday. I used black and green tea with it, whipped it up, and stored it for 8 hours. Sunday, I applied it and left it on for about 4 hours. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt SOOO SOFT!! I almost didn't put conditioner on, but I wanted to try SheScentIt Honey Rinse and Leave in Moisture Mist. Well, those 2 products left my hair feeling hard and dry. But, at least I know the henna is a keeper for me!

baddison

natural for good
Just purchased 6 packs of Karishma in Columbia, SC (Indian Grocery Store - 2301 Bush River Rd) but the store owner said that Nupur is better. He encouraged me to use Nupur first and said he would be waiting for me to return the Karishma to his store because the Nupur was so much better. Anyone have experience between these two hennas?

NUPUR is the bomb-diggety!!! :dance7:

Its the ONLY Henna I will use now....THE ONLY ONE!!!! It leaves my hair so incredibly soft, but strong. And because it contains Amla, Bhringraj, Bhrami, and other awesome Indian Ayurvedic powders, it conditions my strands like no other. I get rich dark auburn tones with NUPUR henna, I don't get the garish bozo-the-clown orange-fire that I use to get with just jamila alone. And the more I do it, the more beautiful this auburn gets. I use Nupur without fail 2x's per month.....2nd and 4th friday nite of each month. Nupur is my love :love:

Here are some of my mixes and reviews. I'm sold on NUPUR henna:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=278499

yodie

Its the ONLY Henna I will use now....THE ONLY ONE!!!! It leaves my hair so incredibly soft, but strong. And because it contains Amla, Bhringraj, Bhrami, and other awesome Indian Ayurvedic powders, it conditions my strands like no other. I get rich dark auburn tones with NUPUR henna, I don't get the garish bozo-the-clown orange-fire that I use to get with just jamila alone. And the more I do it, the more beautiful this auburn gets. I use Nupur without fail 2x's per month.....2nd and 4th friday nite of each month. Nupur is my love :love:

Thanks for this tidbit. Maybe I can find Nupur at my local store.

morehairplease

thanks for sharing this. I saw this brand when I purchased the packet of Karishma for $1.99. This weekend, I will purchase a bag of the Nupur henna.

CleverGypsy

I just bought a few packets of Nupur from an Indian grocer. Over the past year I have tried the Henna for African hair, jamila baq, and Karishma. Karishma was my favorite, then Henna for African hair, and I really couldn't stand jamila. I just did a gloss with some of the henna for African hair and added amla oil, amla and maka powder. My hair likes henna mixed with other ayurvedic herbs so I think Nupur is gonna be great. I don't even want to wait two weeks!

Miss Monae

Hmmm...now I'm going to have to do my 2nd Henna with Nupur and compare...

cookie1

The next time I do a henna I want to get my hair a darker red color and there are directions on the back of the pckg for Burgundy color. Have anyone ever followed those? What are beetroots?

robot.

Hey, ladies. Just wanted to tell you all I found a site that sells it for $2.50. :yep:

However, shipping is $6 flat, and .50 for each item, so it's really three dollars, but that's not bad at all.

BronxMyth

Please don't gang up on me- I know this has been answered already, but you just add water? Some oil perhaps? Do you let it sit for a period of time, or apply right after mixing? I tried Lush henna before and had a bad experience, but I'm looking forward to trying this brand.

PreciousPearl

Please don't gang up on me- I know this has been answered already, but you just add water? Some oil perhaps? Do you let it sit for a period of time, or apply right after mixing? I tried Lush henna before and had a bad experience, but I'm looking forward to trying this brand.

I tried Karishma for my first henna experience this past weekend. I just followed the directions on the back of the package. For darker color it states to use green & black tea. I only added green tea, because I didn't have any black tea. I let it sit overnight for color release. The next day I decided to add some alma oil before I applied. I left it on for 3 hours, rinsed with conditioner and DC.

I loved the results. My hair had volume, felt strong and was very soft.

Eisani

I bought a pack while in Atlanta back in April, then I saw some in an Oriental Market near my house for $1.50 a bag so I boight 3 more :look:

I just used the first package right before I went out of town and I must say, for the price, I like it. I used it just like I do any other henna; warm water, let sit for an hour then right before application mix in crushed cardamom, apply to my hair and leave in for 2 hours then cowash. Nice.