Karishma Henna users

simcha

I just got my Karishma Henna in the mail (Woo hoo) and I'm wondering if anyone used an iron bowl to mix it in. The instructions say for darker hair mix in an iron bowl. I didn't know there was a such thing.

If you did use an iron bowl - where did you buy it?

If you didn't use an iron bowl - how did your henna turn out?

Thanks!

Aspasia

Go to your local Hindustani supply store. YOU can look that up online to see what's around your area. Or if all else fails go to the culinary Hindu sites online who sell all stuff from back home, I would email them to see if they sell it. Good luck : )

simcha

Go to your local Hindustani supply store. YOU can look that up online to see what's around your area. Or if all else fails go to the culinary Hindu sites online who sell all stuff from back home, I would email them to see if they sell it. Good luck : )

Thanks! There's one near me - they just didn't carry the Karishma Henna.

Angelicus

You don't need the iron bowl. If you want a darker shade of red, the instructions say to use warm dark tea or warm coffee.

It's believed that the iron oxide will make the hair darker. Remember that iron oxide (rust) is essentially red. It only works if your pot is rusty. If you want an even darker color, add even more amla powder, or stir some indigo mixture in your henna. HTH

Determined22

I just used a plastic bowl and warm green tea with my Karishma Henna. I wasn't trying to get a particular color though.