Another Karishma Herbal Henna User...Best Henna I've Ever Used

Cassandra1975

Stupid question of the day:

Anybody notice color variations in different batches of Karishma? The last three packs I've used, when I poured the powder in the bowl, it was greenish brown, not a very vibrant color. When I added the liquid it mixed up sort of dark green, and then after the dye release, it seemed to turn very brown.

The packed I opened last night seemed to be bright green. I let it sit for 12 hours, and just checked it - it's still pretty green. I was wondering if the dye had released, but I put some on my hand and after wiping it off I did notice an orange tint in that spot. I'm guessing it's ok to use, I just wondered if there was a difference.

Aggie

Anybody notice color variations in different batches of Karishma? The last three packs I've used, when I poured the powder in the bowl, it was greenish brown, not a very vibrant color. When I added the liquid it mixed up sort of dark green, and then after the dye release, it seemed to turn very brown.

The packed I opened last night seemed to be bright green. I let it sit for 12 hours, and just checked it - it's still pretty green. I was wondering if the dye had released, but I put some on my hand and after wiping it off I did notice an orange tint in that spot. I'm guessing it's ok to use, I just wondered if there was a difference.

Cass, I've only used one bag of Karishma henna so far and it came out pretty good but I still thing I got better color deposit from the henna I bought from fnwl.com (covered my grays very very well) but the softness of my hair from Karishma was undeniable but IMO, my grays were not covered as well.

The next time I use Karishma, I will use it sans oils and other powders and mix it with either hot water or coffee just to see if I get better color deposit from it - not sure when yet though. I will condition next Tuesday or Wednesday with my fnwl.com henna and use the Karishma at a later time for color deposit.

I hope someone chimes in with the response you're looking for soon.

Doll

I did a Aphogee protein trmt (hardcore), how long should I wait to do my henna?

That's a good question! I'd like to know also!

I love the Karishma Henna! :love: It left my hair soft and a bit stronger! This round is my 2nd attempt at using henna. The 1st time (different type henna) my hair was left dry and hard so I left it alone for about a year. I just purchased some more from AyurNatural Beauty along with some Indigo (I like my hair black). My 1st purchase of Karishma was from Ruchita, but I disliked the very grainy Indigo that I also purchased. I hope the quality of Indigo from AyurNatural Beauty is much better! :yep:

Aggie

I did a Aphogee protein trmt (hardcore), how long should I wait to do my henna?

That's a good question! I'd like to know also!

I love the Karishma Henna! :love: It left my hair soft and a bit stronger! This round is my 2nd attempt at using henna. The 1st time (different type henna) my hair was left dry and hard so I left it alone for about a year. I just purchased some more from AyurNatural Beauty along with some Indigo (I like my hair black). My 1st purchase of Karishma was from Ruchita, but I disliked the very grainy Indigo that I also purchased. I hope the quality of Indigo from AyurNatural Beauty is much better! :yep:

I would wait about 2-3 weeks before putting henna on my hair after a hardcore protein treatment.

Cassandra1975

Cass, I've only used one bag of Karishma henna so far and it came out pretty good but I still thing I got better color deposit from the henna I bought from fnwl.com (covered my grays very very well) but the softness of my hair from Karishma was undeniable but IMO, my grays were not covered as well.

The next time I use Karishma, I will use it sans oils and other powders and mix it with either hot water or coffee just to see if I get better color deposit from it - not sure when yet though. I will condition next Tuesday or Wednesday with my fnwl.com henna and use the Karishma at a later time for color deposit.

I hope someone chimes in with the response you're looking for soon.
Thanks, Aggie! You are always so helpful.

I ended up using it anyway, but I only left it on for 4 hours. I would have been disappointed had this been the first henna treatment I ever used - I don't think this batch would have covered grays well. But since I was layering over henna already, it was cool. I don't know what the deal was with that batch. I should have taken a pic of it.

I put in some flat twists with shea butter and leave in conditioner and my hair was SOOOOOOOO soft when I took them out that night to go out to dinner. So it did it's job, as far as conditioning. :yep:

Aggie

Thanks, Aggie! You are always so helpful.

I ended up using it anyway, but I only left it on for 4 hours. I would have been disappointed had this been the first henna treatment I ever used - I don't think this batch would have covered grays well. But since I was layering over henna already, it was cool. I don't know what the deal was with that batch. I should have taken a pic of it.

I put in some flat twists with shea butter and leave in conditioner and my hair was SOOOOOOOO soft when I took them out that night to go out to dinner. So it did it's job, as far as conditioning. :yep:

You're welcomed honey. I may just go back to the original henna I started out using from fnwl. I loved the color deposit from that henna but I must be honest, the karishma did leave my hair a lot softer.

Vonnieluvs08

I bought 4 packs of Karishma Henna and I've just been staring at them. I really wanna henna my hair but I'm really scared how my hair will react. I want the color and conditioning properties. Well more so the color properties.

What is the best way to mix and use Karishma henna to get optimal color deposit?

Aggie

I bought 4 packs of Karishma Henna and I've just been staring at them. I really wanna henna my hair but I'm really scared how my hair will react. I want the color and conditioning properties. Well more so the color properties.

What is the best way to mix and use Karishma henna to get optimal color deposit?

I would mix it with some amla powder, hot distilled water and add a few drops of essential oils to it, let it sit for at least 4 -6 hours for the color to release, then put on pre-oiled hair and scalp, allow to sit for about 3-4 hours, wash out with cheapie conditioner.

I wouldn't add too many things to it like conditioners or oils if you want a nice color deposit. It seems to work better without conditioners, ie, mix it straight and not as a gloss. It really doesn't seem to need any help. HTH.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Yes. I think the one in the brown package is different from the Karishma in the green....but I don't have the green anymore and can't compare the actual differences :perplexed But I did it last night after a few months. It was browner sooner. And I had Mumtaz and some other random henna that I mixed with the last Karishma's I have...so at least, it's one uniform kinda Karishma product lolol! I mean I mixed them dry powder for future applications.

Vonnieluvs08

You're welcomed honey. I may just go back to the original henna I started out using from fnwl. I loved the color deposit from that henna but I must be honest, the karishma did leave my hair a lot softer.

Thank you Aggie. You are so knowledgeable and so willing to share it.

Another question: Do I need to add more Alma to it since some is in it? I don't have alma powder. Is there something I can subsitute?
(I have hibiscus and Fenugreek powders) Is the Alma for color release?

Sorry guess that's more than 1 question.

Aggie

Thank you Aggie. You are so knowledgeable and so willing to share it.

Another question: Do I need to add more Alma to it since some is in it? I don't have alma powder. Is there something I can subsitute?
(I have hibiscus and Fenugreek powders) Is the Alma for color release?

Sorry guess that's more than 1 question.

You're welcomed Vonnie. No the karishma will be okay on it's own. I wouldn't add anything other than extra amla to it for the first time using it. Amla actually would make it come out slightly darker and I recommended it because of my grays, (it darkens the reddish copper color of my grays) but I'm sure you don't need it for that reason. You should be okay with just the karishma and water.

AfroKink

If you are looking for a henna that adds color and washes clean without the gritty remains it often leaves behind try Karishma Herbal Henna.

I added 2 eggs, conditioner, water, and lemon juice to mine. I needed to tighten up my line of demarcation for this stretch Im trying to do.

I have tried Jamila and something other one I cant remember. Karishma is the best. I found it at the indian grocery store in Rockville, MD. This brand is hard to find.

As stated before, its said that you shouldnt use non-BAQ henna but the herbal mixture of this one is incredible. You notice a difference when you're washing it out. You hair is much softer and new growth is looser, of course given you dont use shampoo to wash it out.

Anyway, just wanted to share another Karishma Herbal Henna success story.

KARISHMA HERBAL HENNA

Contains Pure Henna, Amla, Shikakai, ARITHA,BHRINGRAJ and selected
Herbs as described in Century old Indean Vedas. Regular use of
Karishma Herbal Henna, Darkens Hair, acts as natural Hair
Conditioner, Controls Dandruff & prevents Hair loss. Due to natural
cooling effect of the herbs used it improves eyesight and gives sound
sleep.

ETA: I just mix the henna, water, and conditioner now. Thats all you need. It works great!

ETA: Buy online: http://ruchita.mybisi.com/product/115531/Karishma-Herbal-Henna-525-ounces_543664.html

I'm about to read through the thread, but i wanted to say that the "Dulhan Henna Mehandi Powder" says the exact same thing on the back. (Minus the thing about eye sight) Weird. :ohwell:

Seasons Dulhan Herbal Henna
contains pure Henna, Amla, Aritha, Shikhakai, Bhringraj and other selected herbs as described in the century old Indian Vedas. Regular use of Seasons Dulhan Herbal Henna darkens hair, acts as a natural hair conditioner, controls dandruff and prevents hair loss.

Has anyone tried the Dulhan henna?

Creatividual

I always hear great things about this brand. I would love to try it after I use up my Reshma which might be a while. I seriously stocked up on it. lol

andromeda

I hennaed using Karishma (purchased from Ayurnatural) today. Here are the deets:

• Hair Type: 4 b/z?
  • Hair Status: Transitioning; 20+ weeks post
  • Henna Status: Estranged, the last time I hennaed was as a child when my grandmother applied it. I applied once to my own hair in my early teens.
  • My Mix: Henna + Green Tea + Conditioner, let sit overnight, pudding consistency
  • My Regimen:
    • Clarified with diluted baking soda
    • Applied light coating of coconut oil to slightly damp hair
    • Applied henna using applicator brush and un-gloved hands:blush:
    • Covered with saran wrap and plastic bag (I don't do plastic caps, I'm too green for that:look:)
    • Let henna sit for 3 hrs
    • Rinsed out henna using tons of V05 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream until residual water running from my hair was clear
    • Gently towel dried until hair was damp, allowed hair to air dry further
    • DC'd (AOHSR + coconut oil + honey) with heat cap for at least 2 hours
    • Rinsed out DC thoroughly. Applied Giovanni Direct Leave In to slightly damp hair.
    • Put hair in 4 large braids and went to sleep with satin.
    • Undid 2 braids (to blend with my half-wig) the next morning.
  • Results: Hair is soft and strong. I have a deep auburn tint, that's more pronounced in some areas than others. The relaxed section of my hair is shining, while the new growth has increased sheen. I'm very pleased.:yep:

Pre-Henna Hair (Clarified)

Henna Mix

Hair with Henna, right before rinsing

Henna'd Hair after rinsing, before DC

Henna'd hair after DC

Henna'd Hair - Next Morning

These were taken in my other bathroom, so the lighting is different.

Last edited:

cookie1

Someone please tell me if you have any special tricks to making the color (in hair) come out more burgundy. On the bag it says boil beetroots, what is beetroots?

morehairplease

Karishma herbal henna is awesome ladies! I did my first henna gloss yesterday afternoon and must say that I could kick myself for waiting so long to try it.

morehairplease

What did it do for you
Hi there,
My hair is extremely shiny and much thicker after the gloss. I have fine strands and lately they have been extremely limp and lifeless(it doesn't help that I relax bone straight either but my hair tends to catch and knot around itself something terrible if I telax). With this wash, I noticed that I had no problem with tangles or knotting and I am sold. The Karishma henna was the only thing that I used differently with this wash so I attribute the shine, thickness, and ease with detangle to the henna gloss. My plan is to do a henna gloss once a week from here on out.

Buttercreme

Hi there,
My hair is extremely shiny and much thicker after the gloss. I have fine strands and lately they have been extremely limp and lifeless(it doesn't help that I relax bone straight either but my hair tends to catch and knot around itself something terrible if I telax). With this wash, I noticed that I had no problem with tangles or knotting and I am sold. The Karishma henna was the only thing that I used differently with this wash so I attribute the shine, thickness, and ease with detangle to the henna gloss. My plan is to do a henna gloss once a week from here on out.

I have been watching this thread since it began. I don't know why I am scared to try Henna, I've done everything else.

I'm looking for thickness and darkness. Do I need to get Indigo also?

I know about thin strands, I have been texlaxing for 2 years, it helps with the flat and limpness.

Glad you finally tried it and loved it. :yep:

morehairplease

I have been watching this thread since it began. I don't know why I am scared to try Henna, I've done everything else.

I'm looking for thickness and darkness. Do I need to get Indigo also?

I know about thin strands, I have been texlaxing for 2 years, it helps with the flat and limpness.

Glad you finally tried it and loved it. :yep:
Hey there sweetie,
IIRC, the indigo gives the hair a darker color. I was reading someone's post where they mentioned a mixture of 50/50 henna to indigo or 1/2 to 1/3 henna to indigo. I may try indigo in the future though b/c I have always loved jet black or blue/black hair.

vie

hello im a newbie and i also was reading this since it began. when i made up my first henna, being scared of the results, i threw it out. after reading more and more i purchased some more henna from my local indian store and made up a batch and i've been in love since. I like like this brand becuz of all the herbs that is included, my hair grew in strong, shiny and my hair fall problem was elimenated.

Lita

The karishma henna is the best..I add rose-water to my mix with a little hibiscus powder.
The rinse out is smooth & very easy.I like it. Happy Hair Growing!

Vonnieluvs08

Okay ladies. I've mixed up my first batch of Karishma Henna its been sitting since about 11-1130pm. I added hot water and a splash of OJ to make a thick pudding/paste consistency. I'm waiting for the maintenance man to come fix my shower since I have no water pressure (they said it was water saver head so the water dribbles out). Then I plan to Poo with diluted Jojoba hemp poo. Apply henna to damp (70-85% wet) and let sit for 4-6hrs or whenever I feel like rinsing using V05 condish (on sale at Rite Aid for $0.69). I'll DC with Banana Burlee and oils overnight (probably) and put in some flat twists and twists for the week. I'll be documenting the whole thing and put pics in my Fotki. Thank you Ladies for all the tips and tidbits.

Aggie

If y'all are looking for a vendor to purchase it from (I know many don't want to order from Ruchita anymore), I found this vendor who has some great reviews... I was kinda wondering if this vendor WAS Ruchita! But no negative reviews posted...
http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/

Thanks AllieCat but many threads have already been posted about this vendor and we even have a discount code from her as well. I had started a whole thread on the discount code and BostonMaria started a thread on her products and services some weeks back. I'm surprised you missed them.

FYI - She has a new site now too - http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/home.html. She does not actively offer the discount code or free shipping on orders over $60.00 on the ecrater site anymore.

StarFish106

I plan on henna'ing my hair tomorrow night with this brand. Question: How much or how many bags should I use? My hair is past APL but not BSL and I am 41 wks post and then I only texlaxed. Would one bag cover or would I need 2? (I have 2 bags but don't want to open the 2nd one if I don't have to) I attached a pic from the last time I flatironed over the summer when I took my braids out. I did put them back in for 2.5 months so it may be a little longer now.

Also I want to cover my temple grays so should I mix the indigo in right before I want to apply it or wait and apply the indigo seperately afterwards? When I used Jamila henna + indigo it did not cover my grays all that well
Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• Flatiron 8-16-09.jpg
    Flatiron 8-16-09.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26