Another Karishma Herbal Henna User...Best Henna I've Ever Used

Doll

Help Ladies! Can anyone recommend a good hair oil from the Ruchita website? There are several to choose from, so I'm a little confused. Thanks! :)

Ballerina_Bun

I lucked up today. One of my favourite Indian grocers had a stack of it. It's gone now ... well, I left 2 there. I purchased a few tikki's too. I love those things.

cookie1

so what exactly do you use henna for? I see this karishma on ebay but, it has no colors to choose. What color is this henna? How often do you henna? Where, other than ebay, can I buy this online? j
Any advice to a first timer????

Last edited:

kooskoos

I'm loving this thread! I've been using Mehendi or something like that, but now I'm heading over to Takoma to get some Karishma!!!! Luckily my Metro stop is Takoma, so I'll just do it on my way home. I just henna'd last week, so I think I'll try it next week and try to get a larger color payoff. And I've been lurking around trying to figure out what other powders to use 'cause everyone gets SUCH GOOD RESULTS, so hopefully this fixes that. I'm stoked!!!!

Qurlyqt

HEY! Using Karishma or Reshma brand make the new growth gray not that nasty orange but a darker auburn. I always mix it with green tea (and add NO honey or oils) and let it sit for 8 hours before applying, then after I apply let it sit on my hair for 4 hours or so (no heat) under plastic cap and towel.

I used indigo a few times but that was over a year ago when I kept a 1/2 inch TWA. I really like the dark auburn color and prefer to not make it brown or black with the indigo.

AllieCat, I'm going to take your advice and see what happens. I'm mixing my henna tonight, let it sit for 8 hours, then I will apply in the morning and leave it for 4 hours as you advised. I will skip adding the honey and give an update tomorrow as to how it worked on my "orangies".

When I used Jamila henna I had bad results. My hair felt stong, but my texture changed. Thank goodness I got my curls back.

Anyway, I would love to try this brand. From looking this brand up I think there are two kinds of Karishma herbal henna and Karishma. My question is are they both body art(specifically karishma herbal henna)? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

cookie1

Are you girls oiling your scalp before using karishma? should I and with what? I have coconut oil, jojoba, and grapeseed.

Muse

When I used Jamila henna I had bad results. My hair felt stong, but my texture changed. Thank goodness I got my curls back.

Anyway, I would love to try this brand. From looking this brand up I think there are two kinds of Karishma herbal henna and Karishma. My question is are they both body art(specifically karishma herbal henna)? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

I have not been able to find the other Karishma herbal henna, or any of the other ones. They have one that is just henna and another herbal one that has everything this one has but added hibiscus and I believe aloe. I don't see why this other herbal one would not be BAQ as well since it only has those two ingredients added. Good luck finding it.:yep:

tailormade84

i was able to find this henna and i followed the directions on the package (for dark brown hair.)

I was not well pleased. My hair was not soft but it was voluminous.

Its better than Jamilia henna, but not better than Nupur henna. Once I finish off my second package, i will not be buying this again. :(

Muse

i was able to find this henna and i followed the directions on the package (for dark brown hair.)

I was not well pleased. My hair was not soft but it was voluminous.

Its better than Jamilia henna, but not better than Nupur henna. Once I finish off my second package, i will not be buying this again. :(

Sorry it didn't work for you. I have heard really good things about Nupur though. Maybe it's the aritha and shikakai in the Karishma, I don't think Nupur has them in it. I switched from Jamila to Karishma because I got way more strength to my hair from Karishma.

When I first tried Karishma my hair was not soft. I found that I had to shampoo my hair after rinsing to make sure it was all out, then I get soft, silky, STRONG hair. I think I'm gonna henna tonight! I'm gonna try a natural shampoo bar this time to help get the henna out.

Imoan

Thanks

I am glad to read someone else had the same problem I and my 2 sisters did, we all have curly hair, and it was like Jamila Henna took the curls away and kinda made I hair really straight and thin looking so we stop using it for 6 months and went back to using Karishma henna and have not had any problems, our hairs thicken back up and I curls came back...Karishma all the way!!!!

Aggie

do it matter what kind of bowl I mix this in (i.e. plastic)?

Like Muse,I also use a plastic bowl. Make sure to use one that you don't mind if it gets stained from the henna though or simply name it your aurveda mixing bowl:grin:.

Muse

I did another Karishma henna yesterday and for some reason it turned out even better than ever! I think I have found the missing link for me-shampoo bars!
I have to use some type of shampoo to get the henna dust out. Going through loads of conditioner and sitting under the water for an hour was drying my hair out a bit. So I tried washing with Elasta moisturizing shampoo which worked to soften my hair but I still felt that it was a bit too harsh to use right after a henna treatment.
Yesterday I used one of Ida's bars from Chagrin Valley (olive babbasu) to wash the henna out and DC'd with AOHSR and my hair is so soft today! My back section is the hardest to maintain softness and moisturization and even that section feels great! That's the only thing that I did differently this time -swapped the liquid poo for the poo bar. Those shampoo bars don't strip natural oils and make my hair soft on their own so I think this is a great combo for me with henna.

Qurlyqt

Allie Cat, I tried your method on Thursday... still have orangies! What gives? I guess I have totally resistant grays! I'm sitting under the dryer right now after another henna application. If the orangies aren't any darker this time, I guess I will have to try a more aggressive approach (indigo) and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn black. :nono:

Cassandra1975

Just thought I'd share a pic after my 2nd application (7/17/09):

I love the color...the flash is making it look more on the orange side, but it's definitely not in person. I can't wait to see what it looks like after my 3rd application. I left it on for 8 hours this time.

Muse

I love Karishma henna - so much that I would like to use it twice a week. Anyone that currently doing this?

I use to use it once a week now I cut back to once every other week. From my research on henna 2xs/wk would be fine. It's not like a protein treatment where you can overload. As long as you have a mixture that doesn't dry your hair out you will be fine. A lot of people just don't do it that often because of the time involved. That's why I cut back to every other week because weekly it was becoming more of a burden than a pleasure. Now I look forward to it again.:yep:

Keep in mind if your mixture contains a lot of ACV or lemon juice then doing it 2xs/wk will cause trouble for your hair.