Henna Users..help

cookie1

I want to do my second henna trmt this week but would like for my hair to get a darker red. On the back of Karishma it says for a burgundy color to boil beetroots and hibiscus flower and use it to mix the henna. I guess I can find beet roots in a store. Do you think I can make a tea out of hibiscus powder and poor it in there? Have anyone ever added it to your mix?

Honey Bee

I don't know too much about this process, since I use the Surya cream henna, but from what I know about herbs and what-not, you need to make an 'infusion', which is a really strong tea. You'll need to slice the beets, to expose more of the herb to the water. I don't know what form you'll get the hibiscus in, cuz I've heard of ppl using powdered hibiscus too, but if its flowers, rip them up. Okay, now, you need to put the beets in some water (the amount of which depends on how much water you usually mix in your henna), get it to a boil, then add the hibiscus, and let it simmer for 20 min (mixing it occasionally). Strain, and let cool.

Btw, I don't know if you know about the myriad uses of glycerin ;), but when I helped my mom mix up her 'real' henna a few weeks ago, I added a tbls or 2, and it rinsed out real easy. If you don't have any, I saw small bottles at CVS last week, in the first aid section, I think.

Last edited:

Lita

I want to do my second henna trmt this week but would like for my hair to get a darker red. On the back of Karishma it says for a burgundy color to boil beetroots and hibiscus flower and use it to mix the henna. I guess I can find beet roots in a store. Do you think I can make a tea out of hibiscus powder and poor it in there? Have anyone ever added it to your mix?

You can try Hibiscus powder,Flowers or Beetroots.
Mix the powder with your henna let it sit overnight,then apply to hair. Will give nice slip & color
Flowers,steep in warm water,strain then add to henna let sit overnight,then apply to hair
Beetroots,boil.let cool,add to henna let sit overnight,then apply to hair.

Happy Hair Growing!

Makenzie

Not my question, but you both were helpful. i have some hibiscus I want to add to my henna for a pop of red.:yep:

fyb87

I don't see why you couldn't make a tea out of the powder and use that in the mixture. I haven't personally added any extras to mine because my hair is so dark the only thing that will add color is a permanent dye. :nono: