Affirm Lye Relaxer Strengths ?????

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
If I am correct, there is a mild, regular, and super strength.

I have been relaxed with Affirm lye relaxer in the past, but I never really knew what strength it was. The new stylist that I am going to go to for my next relaxer wants to know what strength I need and I DON'T KNOW! It's not like I can just call up my former stylist and ask her since I am leaving her behind.

Please help. If you are familiar with the strengths of these relaxers, please tell me about them. I am sure that I won't be a candidate for mild--it will be regular or super.

I am 4a with medium thickness (not fine or thick hair). My hair has been somewhat resistant to the relaxer in the past, but that's only because the relaxer has to break down air-dried, non-heat-treated hair. (heat treated hair is already broken down to a degree which makes the relaxing process easier)

If you dont want mild, regular is your best bet. I wouldn't use super at all because its so strong. Is your hair resistant?

nubianqt86 said:
If you dont want mild, regular is your best bet. I wouldn't use super at all because its so strong. Is your hair resistant?

Yes, I think I would be comfortable with the regular strength. My hair was never resistant when I used a blow dryer weekly or even when I flat iron the roots, it's not resistant. But when my new growth is in a 100% untouched state, it does seem kind of resistant.

I use the regular. I think it is called normal. I still end up texlaxed with this strength. As a matter of fact, the very reason that I am texlaxed is because I switched to Affirm from Mizani over 1.5 years ago. I like it this way because I have fine hair. Mizani always got me bone straight--too straight, so I welcomed preserving some of the wave. I suppose the only way to know how your hair will take it is a strand test. I have no experience with the other strengths, but I hope this helps a bit.

Supergirl said:
If I am correct, there is a mild, regular, and super strength.

I have been relaxed with Affirm lye relaxer in the past, but I never really knew what strength it was. The new stylist that I am going to go to for my next relaxer wants to know what strength I need and I DON'T KNOW! It's not like I can just call up my former stylist and ask her since I am leaving her behind.

Please help. If you are familiar with the strengths of these relaxers, please tell me about them. I am sure that I won't be a candidate for mild--it will be regular or super.

I am 4a with medium thickness (not fine or thick hair). My hair has been somewhat resistant to the relaxer in the past, but that's only because the relaxer has to break down air-dried, non-heat-treated hair. (heat treated hair is already broken down to a degree which makes the relaxing process easier)

OMG!! Maybe this is why my relaxers have not been taking lately!! Before being heat-conscious, I used to always blow dry my hair before a relaxer so that it wouldn't hurt as much when parting. I've since stopped (since last Sept) and my relaxers have been horrific since. Wow.... thanks for posting that Supergirl!! :D

Back