Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer is Outstanding!

T

Tee

I used Motions Oil Moisturizer Relaxer in Mild strength a couple of days ago, and the results are great! The most amazing thing about this relaxer is that it didn't burn me at all! I didn't even feel a tingle! I have a sensitive scalp and the only relaxer that hasn't burned me is Affirm Sensistive Scalp Relaxer (no-lye). I made the switch from no-lye to lye about 9 months ago, and all the ones I tried (Affirm Regular Strength, Elasta QP Regular Strength, and Mizani Regular Strength) tore my head up, so I am so happy to find a lye relaxer that doesn't burn!

--Tee

pebbles

Re: Motions Oil Relaxer is Outstanding!

Hi Tee,

Good for you girl! Glad you found something that works for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lita

Good for you. It,s nice when you find a product that works. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tracy

See now I'm vacillating again!

Motions, Elucence, stay with no lye. Thank GOD I don't have t realx for another month or so!

Thanks for the review tho. Burning is precisely the issue I'm dealing with. I didn't burn last time but I used a no lye. I don't think I want to continue but being that it was the best relaxing experience I've had in a long time, I'm torn.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

free2bme

I have nothing but raves for Motion's Oil Moisturizer Relaxer in mild. I definately prefer it to Affirm. Even with my horrid experiece at Joseph's salon. (the lady accidently began basing me with relaxer!!!), I didn't burn.
My hair is definately a bit over processed and limp but no scalp burns.

If it were any other relaxer, my scalp would have probably been burnt beyong recognition!!! When I use the relaxer under normal conditions my hair comes out bouncy and full of life and i have very very fine hair. It will definately be my relaxer for life!!!

(BTW at Joseph's, Brownrelaxed used affirm and was burnt in 2 places. I'm not blaming the relaxer but it goes to show, that even in bad hands the motion's is quite gentle)

BlkMane

I have a reallllly sensitive scalp and I agree Affirm Mild is much stronger than the Motions Oil Moisturizer Mild. I got my first (virgin) relaxer with Affirm and that stuff burned the HELL out of my scalp.

For my first touch-up I switched to Motions and it only burned a little towards the end (when it was ready to come out)...and that is with NO BASING OF MY SCALP.

This time I had my scalp based before applying Motions and I had NO BURNING SENSATION AT ALL. Very gentle. Love it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lshevonne

I love the Motions Oil as well. I never have to worry about burning I just used the mild to loosen up my natural curl. It got straight but not bone straight. I wear it pulled back and up anyway without heat so the mild worked for me as well.

azul

would using the regular be okay? i have like 4a hair and i want my hair straight but not limp? i dont think a mild will be enough for me. i plan to go to mirror image and have them apply it. do the salons know about the conditioner before the neutralizer for the motions? God bless you all.

Cleo

Hi Tee Tee, I have a veeeery sensitive scalp as well so I've been using no-lye's. I switched to a lye that my scalp was NOT /images/graemlins/mad.gif happy with. I was wondering if you based your scalp before this relaxer or did you just do the hair-line and ears? What is your hair type? I tried the Motions Oil Regular, but it burned like crazy /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cleo

T

Tee

Hi Cleo,

Yes, I based my scalp before relaxing (as I always do). I normally don't use any type of oils/grease on my scalp, but starting about 3-4 days before my relaxer, I started putting a light oil on my scalp (Clairol Textures & Tones Light Moisturizing Oil), then on the day of my relaxer, my stylist based my scalp with a gel that's used to protect the scalp. She has always used this protectant gel on my scalp before with other relaxers, and I burned anyway. But with the Motions, I didn't. This was the first time that I pre-treated my scalp with oil before a relaxer, so maybe that made a difference.

My hair type is medium-thick 3C/4A. Maybe you should try the Motions in Mild. I was surprised at how well it straightened. Try the Mild. I think Ishevonne, who has 4B hair (I think), uses the Mild and has good results. It will be gentler on your scalp, which will allow you to keep it on longer and give the relaxer enough time to relax your hair.

--Tee