Design essentials hair relaxer

deborah11

For those of you that are familiar with this relaxer, does it come in mild lye relaxer or only regular and super strengths in lye. I know that there is a design essential "time release" special relaxer. Is the time release special relaxer really a mild lye relaxer or it a no-lye relaxer. I am asking because a beautician is telling me that d. e lye relaxers do not come in mild and I find this hard to believe. I don't want the no lye relaxer as they don't work well in my hair. i really can't find much information on the internet. Any assistance that can be provided is profoundly appreciated as I just don't trust beauticians as more. I want a mild lye relaxer, not a regular and not a no lye!

senimoni

I'm not positive but I believe the time release is no-lye. The do have a Low-Lye...but from what I have read that may be more like a texturizer.

Description
Lo-Lye Relaxer with Shea Butter is a conditioning, low level sodium hydroxide relaxer that slowly and gently loosens bonds for manageability and control, thereby allowing the hair to maintain its strength and texture, while a combination of conditioners protect the hair, keeping it smooth and silky.

Kitkat

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Allandra, one of our mods, gets her hair relaxed with Design Essentials. Perhaps she'll see your post and post a reply.

And girl, I hear you with wanting to use a mild relaxer. ;) My boyfriend's mom told me once that I needed a super strength relaxer instead of that mild one I was trying to use. I just smiled, thanked her, and went about my business. If it wasn't for this forum, I probably would have believed her. :)

BAILEYSCREAM

Deborah,

Well I just saw your post, unfortunately I don't use this product so I cannot help but hopefully someone will come along who can.

Allandra

Design Essentials Hair Relaxers come in regular, super, time released, lo-lye and sensitive scalp. If I'm not mistaken, the sensitive scalp one is the only one that is no-lye. HTH.

deborah11

Allandra said:
Design Essentials Hair Relaxers come in regular, super, time released, lo-lye and sensitive scalp. If I'm not mistaken, the sensitive scalp one is the only one that is no-lye. HTH.[/QUOT

What is the difference between the lo-lye and the time released special relaxer? Is the time released actually a mild lye relaxer?

deborah11

blaxalrose said:
I know I don't have a no-lye relaxer, so I guess I must have the lo-lye instead of the senstive scalp.

do you get the lo-lye or the time released special relaxer. is the time released special relaxer a mild lye relaxer? thanks/

Crystalicequeen123

Deborah:

My stylist puts in my hair D.E. MILD relaxer with Shea butter. I suppose this is the "Lo-Lye" relaxer that someone else on the board was speaking of.

I've only gotten it twice, but so far I love it! My stylist recommended the mild relaxer to me since my hair is naturally fine with low density (meaning, not a LOT of fine hair on my head). So far I'm loving it. My hair seems to be thriving so far from the mild relaxer, and stretching to 14 weeks post. Plus, my newgrowth is more manageable (since my relaxed hair isn't BONE straight anymore...thank goodness!).

I highly recommend it, but feel free to do more research since chemicals most likely work differently on everyone.

deborah11

thanks for this info. I think next time I will try this one since I am texturized and don't want straight hair.