Relaxed - How straight is your Texture

How straight are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is exactly how my hair is! I get that bone straightness for about three weeks then this crinkle appears from no where. :ohwell:

My hair is very curly/textured/texlaxed. I never meant to texlax, but when I started self-relaxing, I could never get my hair bone straight. Eventually, I just went with it. Even if my hair seems pretty straight after a relaxer, as I stretch it seems to revert.

All of my bone straight hair is gone, probably broken off, but I have no splits because I trim often.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

I'd say I'm about 90-100% straight nowadays. It doesn't stay that way, which is good b/c my strands are thin.

ETA: Does anyone know why the crinkle appears after a while?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I say 80-90% this time on one side of my head. I relaxed 2 weeks ago (12 wks post) and should have used the whole jar instead of half for the touch up. I was getting real low on relaxer towards the front of my head.

Most folks IRL and some LHCF folks think I'm natural. I have to explain being texlaxed to people. I've had natural folks walk up to me asking what products I use for my 'natural' hair, they get this let-down look when I tell them I'm relaxed :giggle:

^^^lol.

My hair looks natural hair that's been pressed and people look confused when I tell them I have a relaxer. You guys are right, most people have no idea that you don't have to relax bone straight.

EtherealEnigma I was told it's because I have resistant hair. My stylist told me I have a crinkle that will never leave all the way.

I'd say I'm about 90-100% straight nowadays. It doesn't stay that way, which is good b/c my strands are thin.

ETA: Does anyone know why the crinkle appears after a while?

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

^^^^ Ooooh, interesting. My hair isn't resistant at all, but it still crinkles up a little. Now I'm curious!

My stylist does my relaxer, but she doesn't get it bone straight. I'd say it's about 75% straight, which is good because it doesn't break like it used to when it was bone straight and is easier to straighten with minimal heat. The best of all worlds!

I'm about 90% straight midstrand to ends. Added a couple of tablespoons of olive oil at my last relaxer because my hair is naturally so fine and got about 50% straight. I think I may keep going along that route. I don't use heat to style regularly and my fine, airdried hair is too flat these days... I'd rather it were full and shiny.

I'm texlaxed between 10-25%. I would like to get my hair a little straighter next time like 35%. I still have a lot of texture and curls but its easier for me to manage. Works for me!

I relaxed my hair and I'm now much straighter. I've never tried to go straighter but the opposite so :ohwell: I guess I got it too straight but I like it.

I'm about 70-75% now. it's straighter than I intended but I still like it :grin:.

Last edited:
Back