3 Month Stretch Challenge...Will somone please join me?

FlawedBeauty

:look: Three month stretch challenge!?! March 1 - June 1 :look:

Ok, I never started a challenge but I need support as I have decided I wanna stretch my last texlax, which was January 19th, to 20 weeks (4 months)!! My goal is to be BSL, or right at it, by the next texlax and I think this is a good way.

Normally I usually texlax when ever I feel like it, 5 weeks, 7 weeks, whenever. I never really kept count, but never less than 4 weeks and no more than probably 7 weeks.

So I figure the challenge will start March 1st, and end June 1st. I figure we can post our starting pics and then after June 1st post our results after our relax/texlax. And of course check-ins from time to time just to see how everyone is holding up.

Please someone join me lol!! I don't care if it's just one person I need someone there with me on this one lol!!!

Ok So Far We Have:

1. MrsWatson
2. It~Can~Grow
3. GirlyPrincess23
4. TriniStarr
5. Diamsdesiles
6. Bellezanegra826
7. BronxJazzy
8. Neesha
9. Ladi
10. OneInAMillion
11. Malibu4590
12. Gymfreak336
13. Tricie
14. PrettyfaceANB
15. Jaded faerie
16. FlawedBeauty
17. Lolo2470
18. Aggie
19. March87
20. Serenity Peace
21. Fairyhairy
22. Sj11987
23. KPH
24. Taylokc
25. Moonglowdiva
26. Tee

Great! Let me know if I forgot anyone!!

Last edited:

TriniStarr

OMG FlawedBeauty, I am just completing my own personal 3 month stretch challenge on March 1.:wallbash::wallbash:

However, if you plan to do another 3 month stretch challenge, I AM IN!

But GOOD LUCK!

FlawedBeauty

It's when you only leave the relaxer on for a short period of time so you don't end up with bone straight hair. Basically just loosening up the curl pattern :)

ETA: and :welcome:
I'm a newbie, can someone explain to me what a texlax is?

It~Can~Grow

I'm whit ya. On March 1 I'm getting a fresh relaxer and will start another quarterly stretch, so I'm in.

Question...and this may sound realllly ignorant, buuuut, is that of photo of yourself in the avatar?

If so, how do you texlax :perplexed :ohwell:

I said it might sound ignorant, buuuut :rolleyes: chalk it up to newbism if you like :yep: but doesn't look like you can use either :drunk:

MrsWatson

greeeeat! This is just what i needed....

i'll post my starting pic on Sunday as well!!

Ya'll dont know how excited i am about this...!!!:club:

ITS A CELEBRATION!!

girlyprincess23

ill do it with you since i was going to do it anyway....as long as we can stretch in a sew in???? but im going to 6/7...if those are ok...im in!!!

TriniStarr

You know what...i will go ahead and join this challenge to think of it. I was checking my planner and the next time i plan to relax is the week of 6/1. So count me in!

Oh btw, at this time i am not able to upload starting point pics, but I WILL have both starting and ending pics at the end of the challenge.

Lastly, i think this should be a on going challenge for 2008! We should have 3 month stretch challenge every 3 months for those who are new to stretching and those who can not stretch for a long periods of time.

COUNT ME IN!!!!!

Thanks!

girlyprincess23

I'm a newbie, can someone explain to me what a texlax is?

a texlax is a form of relaxing hair where you don't relax if fully. people usually measure it in percents like 20% or 80% it's where you still leave in some of the curl.........you could do a search and get a lot of info like methods and experiences and what not HTH

FlawedBeauty

horray!!!

yup thats me in my avatar.

but wait...now im being slow lol!! cuz i dont understand the last half of u post...literally how do i texlax?? help me out here lol!

I'm whit ya. On March 1 I'm getting a fresh relaxer and will start another quarterly stretch, so I'm in.

Question...and this may sound realllly ignorant, buuuut, is that of photo of yourself in the avatar?

If so, how do you texlax :perplexed :ohwell:

I said it might sound ignorant, buuuut :rolleyes: chalk it up to newbism if you like :yep: but doesn't look like you can use either :drunk:

FlawedBeauty

Excellent!!! Im so excited!!

I'll be back on later to put together a list of the ppl who are in!!! I'm at work right now so i gotta get off the inter net for a while...grrrrr....lol :D

Count me in!

In March 1, I'm getting a touch up and post my first picture.
I'll strech until june 1!!:drunk:

It~Can~Grow

**Clearing throat ** :ohwell: umm you don't look AA.

I know here I go with another sterotype :rolleyes: but you don't look as if you need a relaxer or texlax.

Sorry, remember I'm new before you hit me, :boxing:but you look - well - umm caucasian.:eek:

edit: Also, if you have other pictures in your signature line, I can't see them due to our firewall. I can only see avatars.

horray!!!

yup thats me in my avatar.

but wait...now im being slow lol!! cuz i dont understand the last half of u post...literally how do i texlax?? help me out here lol!

Neesha

It~Can~Grow;3882485[B said:
]**Clearing throat ** :ohwell: umm you don't look AA. [/B]

I know here I go with another sterotype :rolleyes: but you don't look as if you need a relaxer or texlax.

Sorry, remember I'm new before you hit me, :boxing:but you look - well - umm caucasian.:eek:

edit: Also, if you have other pictures in your signature line, I can't see them due to our firewall. I can only see avatars.

:lachen::lachen:Don't feel bad girl...I thought the same thing. I just hate sounding like a dum dum :lachen:.

Neesha

I'M SO IN! I'm just finishing a three month stretch (but I was originally going until May :spank:) so this is right up my alley. I'll be going to get a relaxer tomorrow. I'll try to get my pics up by Monday.

RODI

I also thought the same thing. My friend has that hair type and relaxes every 6 months without a problem.

RODI

I just got my hair relaxed over the weekend after a 10 week stretch (previously relaxed on 12/24/07). The last 2 weeks of the stretch was very difficult.

I would like to attempt 3 months but only with your help on how to maintain the new growth and control the shedding during this phase.

TLC1020

I'm on a 3 month stretch now, but I started mine February 3rd and will end April 27th.. March-June sounds great though. I will still cheer you guys on :yay::circle:

OneInAMillion

Hey Flawed Beauty!

I'm going to join this one too! I was planning on texturizing at some point between June and July so this should work out perfectly. I've been really busy trying to graduate and all, but this will keep me on track :grin:.

Should I graduate in May (as opposed to Aug.) I may be relaxing mid-May or so so I can be fresh for my pics :look:, I hope thats ok!

~One

malibu4590

I'm also in on this challenge! :)

I anticipated my texlaxing touch-up for March 2nd so this thread is right on time.

I will be just finishing up a 13.5 week stretch and have been stretching for 12 or 13 weeks at a time since March 07.

FlawedBeauty

LOL!!

I mixed black and white but was not blessed with the "good hair" so to speak. I understand now since u cant see my jacked up before siggy pic :lachen:

my hair only looks like that because i do texlax.

Last edited: