2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

nmartin20

Steamed/DC with SMPM and Shescentit's Coconut Sorbet(1hr) later tonight used Shescentit's Fortifying Okra Conditioner (1hr)

cynd

20 minute steam Saturday with JBCO, eucalyptus and peppermints oils on scalp. 15 minute steam on Sunday with Bobeam Revive conditioner.

CodeRed

Steamed with quinoa protein/Millcreek Keratin Conditioner and a little castor oil on temple and nape.

klsjackson

Hi Ladies!!! I've been off the boards for awhile, but decided to jump back in. I have a Huetiful steamer that I purchased around this time last year, but I haven't frequently used. I decided to break it out this past weekend and loved the results. While lurking this week I came across this thread, and decided it's just what I needed to get back on my healthy hair journey. :yep:

1. How often you will steam? I will steam once a week, at least.
2. What method are you using to steam? Huetiful steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Still working on that. Last time I applied EVOO to my hair and Saw Palmetto oil to my scalp.

Gr8ness83

I spent the last week taking out sections of my loc extensions and making them bigger. I applied an Apoghee protein treatment to each section I took out and then deep conditioned. I steamed with OGX argan oil of Morocco conditioner, also used the shampoo. I use the qredew steamer each time I DC. After I rinsed out the conditioner, I applied it's a 10 miracle leave-in plus keratin and then sealed with castor and almond oil mix. I am putting my loc extensions back in. I'm taking them out in for another 3 months. Full steam ahead!

Rozlewis

Steaming with Marie Dean’s Hemp and Aloe Proless DC, Porosity Control, Olive oil, Honey, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Rosemary.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steaming with:

J. Monique Naturals Jojoba Deep Treatment Mask under Tea Rinse with Pure Avocado Oil on top to lock it in!:lol:

Funmiloves

Steamed with coconut oil.... that's it.
Trying something new *(hope I don't regret it). Didn't rinse out the coconut oil after steaming, (trying to cut back on how long it takes me to wash my hair) will just style my hair and see how my hair feels.

CodeRed

I don't think everything was meant to be steamed lol.

I messed up my mayo treatment but put it in my hair anyway (it was way runny) with some castor oil and I tried to keep it from dripping by putting some Millcreek Keratin Conditioner over it (it's thick). That didn't work so then I put a thick layer of castor gelly around the perimeter of my head and it worked ok... I steamed with it for about 20 minutes. I tried to co-wash it out... nope nope nope. Whatever this mixture would be called did not want to come out of my hair. After co-washing, 2 different shampoos, I don't even know how many other co-washes... My hair was finally becoming softer again but then I put camellia oil on and then topped it off with Eva NYC Hair Mask. Under a plastic cap right now and I'll keep it on while I'm watching movies or ready to go back in the shower to wash it out. I may go to bed.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't think everything was meant to be steamed lol.

True. Conditioner and oil are all I'll ever steam with now. I tried using avocado butter once, but it was a super fail.

My replacement steamer stopped working, so I decided I'd rather upgrade to the next model. LCL discounted the upgrade cost for my trouble. New steamer should be here Friday.

They told me they are no longer selling the model I originally bought ( pro175). Instead they are switching to another manufacturer for their cheaper steamer option.

lushlady

I steamed with SSI'S banana brulee yesterday. I added hot oil treatments back to my routine as well, but I do those under the dryer with a cap on my head.

Gr8ness83

I steamed for 30 min today with It's a 19 with keratin and Aussie Moisture something or other..... Put some oils on and did a scalp massage.

cynd

30 min steam today with KJ Naturals Coconut Rosemary. Haven't rinsed it out yet and I'm thinking about leaving it in.

Rozlewis

Steamed today with Marie Deans Coffee and Kokum DC, Porosity Control, JBCO, Peppermint and Rosemary oil over coffee.

CodeRed

Steamed with Millcreek Keratin Conditioner over nettle tea rinse with castor oil on one temple and nape. I put a cap on after cause I can't be bothered to rinse this out of my hair right now lol