Steam Baby Steam Through 2013

Rozlewis

Steam Baby Steam 2013 Challenge

Moisture, Retention, Reduced Breakage, Manageable New Growth, Easier Detangling, Shiny Soft Hair

Come and steam with me.
The New Year will be here and gone before you know it. Don’t let it go by without realizing the many benefits of steaming your hair. I am ready to steam my way through the New Year. Will you join me? There will be four parts to this challenge.

Part I will be from Jan 1, 2013 to March 31, 2013
Part II will be from April 1, 2013 – June 30, 2013
Part III will be from July 1, 2013 to September 30th, 2013
Part IV will be from October 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013

To join please thank the OP and post the answers to the following:

1. How often you will steam?
2. What method are you using to steam?
3. What products will you steam with?

The only rule is to try to check in at least once weekly and share your progress with us. Progress pictures are encouraged but not required.:yep:

The benefits of steaming include:
1. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!
2. Increased Shine
3. Increased manageability of new growth
4. Softer hair
5. Less hair breakage
6. Decrease in dandruff caused by dry scalp
7. Easier detangling

Happy Happy Steaming!:thewave:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'll Join! Imma try to be consistent....lawd knows I didn't do too hot during the latter half of 2012. :nono:

1. How often you will steam? I'll aim to steam 1x a week.
2. What method are you using to steam? Standup steamer :love2:
3. What products will you steam with?
I have numerous DCs, but I also plan to steam in my bentonite detoxes, my clay DCs, and my oil prepoos.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Will be back to answer questions!

1 . How often you will steam? I will steam once per week

2. What method are you using to steam? Either my stand up steamer or just good old shower cap in shower lol

3. What products will you steam with? Any of my DCs or my Wen

Last edited:

*Frisky*

Yay! I'm in!! My new steamer is under the Christmas treee ans my husband won't let me open it yet hahahahaha

1. How often you will steam? Once a week to start

2. What method are you using to steam? Stand up steamer

3. What products will you steam with? The first thing I am going to use is either BASK Yam Nectar or Darcy Bontanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

McQuay30

I'm in......
Steam once a week.
Stand up steamer.
Various DC, protein treatment,henna, amla.

APrayer4Hair

How often?

At least 1x weekly.

Method of steaming?

Stand up steamer

Products to use?

Various DCs, oils, gonna get around to trying teas

EnExitStageLeft

1. How often you will steam? Once to twice a week (Depending on the season)
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL Beauty Standing Steamer BABY!
3. What products will you steam with? Alotta' stuff :lol:

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm definitely in. I got lazy over the summer mainly because storing my steamer is a problem. I had it where it was not easily accessible. I could get to it but not without effort. And because I store it this way, my steamers usually end up breaking from being banged around. I'm on my second steamer now and the neck is cracking. I guess I need a heavy duty one. Can anyone recommend a sturdy model. I'm using the LCL Pro 150V model (or something like that).

I'm definitely going to buy another steamer because I love them. And during the winter months, I can't afford to be without one.

All that said,

1. How often you will steam? 1-2x weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? Standing steamer
3. What products will you steam with? homemade mix or something like Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
-I'll commit to steaming once a week (twice when I can)
-I'll be using my stand up steamer
-I usually use a protein conditioner ( AO or Millcreek) with my moisturizing tea DC blend, agave at times and my oil blend. Sometimes I'll add SAA and/or AVG.

Rozlewis

I am so excited about this challenge. It will keep me motivated and excited knowing I will be doing this with my LHCF family.

1. How often you will steam? 2 x per week
2. What method are you using to steam? Stand steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Various products will be used. When I check in I will list the products used.

I can't wait to see your progress as you reach your hair goals.

Rozlewis

NJoy, I have a hair steamer that I purchased from Sam's club online. It is a professional steamer and it is very sturdy. It can steam at 250, 350, or 600 watts. I love, love, love it. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 158

cutenss

I'm in! I'm in! I have revisited my steamer, and have been steaming for the last two weeks. I think before I was not noticing the results because of the products I was using to steam with. But since I discovered steaming with WEN 613..JACKPOT :sunshine:

1. How often you will steam? Once a week

2. What method are you using to steam? I will be using my Huetiful Hair Steamer

3. What products will you steam with? WEN 613 for twenty minutes

cutenss

NJoy, I have a hair steamer that I purchased from Sam's club online. It is a professional steamer and it is very sturdy. It can steam at 250, 350, or 600 watts. I love, love, love it. Good luck!

IDareT'sHair and Rozlewis do you girl's steamers reach (steam) the back of head? I find that for 10 minutes I have to sit facing my steamer, in order for it to attempt to get the lower back and nape of hair :sad:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanks for the responses, Ladies.

IDareT'sHair

My previous steamers came from LCL. They were different versions tho. The one you have sounds like what I'm looking for. Heavy duty. But, I gotta know about the sturdiness of the neck (is that plastic? Can it take a lickin and keep on tickin?) and the piece that holds my drip bottle on is plastic and always breaks. How's that on yours?

I've never had any problems with the steamer other than the construction. I'm rough on most things. I go thru cellphones, laptops and cars like it's nobody's business. I need a unit that can keep up and won't punk out on me. Does yours sound like it will be able to hang? TIA

@NJoy, I have a hair steamer that I purchased from Sam's club online. It is a professional steamer and it is very sturdy. It can steam at 250, 350, or 600 watts. I love, love, love it. Good luck!

Rozlewis

Now THAT neck looks very sturdy! But, I don't see that unit at Sam's online now. :sad: How much did you pay for it, btw? TIA

cutenss

cutenss Yes. What kind are you using Huetiful?

IDareT'sHair :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@cutenss

I thought you were using the Huetiful (Table top) Steamer?

I thought I someone post a while back they had problems with the Huetiful reaching the back of their head?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I need to join this. I def feel improvement when I use my steamer, but I get so lazy.

1. How often you will steam? May aim is to steam 2x a month minimum

2. What method are you using to steam? I'll be using my Huetiful Steamer

3. What products will you steam with? DC's & oils