***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

Brownie518

DC'd with Naturelle Grow Honey Hibiscus DC under a cap for 90minutes. First time using it and it was nice. Very moisturizing and nice slip. Will be getting the large size soon.

CodeRed

Dry deep conditioning ends with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apple conditioner layered with hemp seed oil.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing with APB Moisturizing Conditioner in Pumpkin Marshmallow under Hair Therapy Wrap for an hour.

oneastrocurlie

Currently dc-ing with SM Superfriut Masque and Jakeala Honey Masque on top.

ETA... I forgot how much I love these two together

Last edited:

CluelessJL

Did my DC before shampooing again today. Mix of honey, emu oil conditioner, QP moisture, Motions reconstructor and a little bit of salt after reading some old threads. Drying at the moment but feels ok so far.

randi415

Overnight DC (scalp treatment) w/ SM PM followed by naturellegrow marshmallow root and slippery elm under a cap for almost 2hrs ( i was cleaning). That stuff never lets me down my hair is soooo soft. I have ine more use next I'll need to purchase more soon.

NaturallyATLPCH

Going to DC later with APB's Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Mask. It's only 4 ounces and I can knock it out this week and next week before I get braids.

Oh, I'm going to add one of her oils but I haven't decided which one.

meka72

DC'ed with Ojon Dry Recovery Intensive Hydrating 2 minute mask. Despite the directions, I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes with this on. My hair felt great even after doing a henna treatment.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam now with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apple Conditioner mixed with hempseed oil. I used a lot of oil so I didn't layer any on my ends this time.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I was supposed to deep condition today but I was in a mood and didn't do it. Bunned all day with some oils.

I'll do it tomorrow...I promise.

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I think I have become a SUPER deep conditioner. Almost every night I am deep conditioning my hair and my hair is loving. It is so soft and easy to detangle whenever I decide to wash it out.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I pre-treated with L'oreal Total Repair 5, coconut oil, and Shea Moisture ABS Purification Masque.

I deep treated after my shampoo with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, layered with Nexxus Humectress.

Last edited:

CodeRed

Applied hemp/castor oil layers with conditioner on dry ends for a dry deep conditioning.

Co-washed that out and doing a deep conditioning steam with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apples conditioner mixed with hempseed oil over vanilla mint chai tea and extra hempseed/castor oil on ends. Will put a cap on and go to bed for a while when the steam is over.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Curl Junkie Repair Me (under dryer)
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair (under dryer *requires heat*)

Steam with: Enso Naturals Cacao Bark Deep Recovery Rx mixed with Jakeala's Tutti Honey Hair

CodeRed

Co-washed that out and doing a deep conditioning steam with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apples conditioner mixed with hempseed oil over vanilla mint chai tea and extra hempseed/castor oil on ends. Will put a cap on and go to bed for a while when the steam is over.

Same again today.

divinerae

Co-washed with L'Oreal Repair 5 Conditioner, Aphogee 2 Minute, then deep conditioned with Macadamia Deep Repair Masque.
Something different happen this time though, usually when I deep condition there is a lot of visible conditioner sitting all along the front of head like none of it absorbed(even with heat), well when I took off my cap only a small amount of conditioner was there. I wonder if it is the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, or the fact that I have recently found out that my hair loves protein and have been making sure I keep light and heavy protein treatments in rotation?

SmilingElephant

I need to join this challenge!

I have gotten SO lazy when it comes to deep conditioning...maybe this is what my hair needs to get over the hump.

I "deep condtion" weekly...but I don't leave it on long at all. I'm always on the move...so I end up letting the deep conditioner sit in my hair for as long as it takes to shower my body and whatnot. :look:

I used to deep condition for 30 minutes to an hour every single week and slowly stopped leaving it in. I need to make myself leave it on for an hour.

I need to stock up on deep conditioners.

I like all kinds, from Shea Moisture, to Silicon Mix Bambu to The cheap Hollywood something cholesterol to Mixed Chicks Deeeep conditioner. I don't really discriminate.

I detangle with the deep conditioner when I do deep condition, and then I add more in and let it sit as I shower....which means it sits in my hair for at least 10 to 15 minutes altogether.

SmilingElephant

So i just did a deep conditioning session with Shea Moisture Anti Breakage masque for 35 minutes :D

I co washed first with As I am Coconut Co wash.

I now have my JBCO and Oyin Hair Dew in my hair wrapped in a t shirt. No actual styler bc I'm going to be bunning for a few days.

iamyattababe

Deep conditioning overnight with Shea moisture Manuka honey masque..prepping my hair for havana twists I plan to install