***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

CodeRed

CodeRed, how is that Mustard Oil going?

Last Saturday deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayo for 90 minutes and Pantene 2 Minute Masque for 60 minutes. I needed to step up my haircare games, so I did a Black Tea rinse and used Alter Ego conditioning treatment. Hopefully that will slowly halt my hair shedding.

It's not heating up my scalp as much as the powder did. It's just "ok" as far as the feel of my hair and it added a bit of shine. I'm wanting to see how it does in the growth department... I'm thinking this 8.5 oz bottle is going to last me the month so I'll see how it does.

theRaven

It's not heating up my scalp as much as the powder did. It's just "ok" as far as the feel of my hair and it added a bit of shine. I'm wanting to see how it does in the growth department... I'm thinking this 8.5 oz bottle is going to last me the month so I'll see how it does.

Mmmm I did not know of Mustard Powder, is this all from a Mustard Seed or plant?

CodeRed

Mmmm I did not know of Mustard Powder, is this all from a Mustard Seed or plant?

I believe it's all from the mustard seed... I'm not near my bottle right now but I believe my oil is from the seed. The powder definitely is... it's ground yellow mustard seed. They have ground brown mustard seed too. Instead of using it in my hair now (it was really, really drying) I use it in food :p

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Sunday's session:

DC'd w/ APB Not Easily Broken Herbal Conditioner. The look and texture was very similar to Naturellegrow MRSE but the performance was nothing like it. It was just ok. Going to finish it off maybe next time I'll use heat but I probably wont repurchase.

I will be ordering this soon!

PJaye

A couple of updates:

4/3/15
DC’ed with the APB Ayurvedic Mask for approximately 2 hours. This is my first time sampling this conditioner and I would characterize it as having a thick, mud-like, somewhat dry consistency. Despite its smooth application, it took quite a bit for my hair to feel saturated – close to half of the 8oz jar. Once my hair had been fully covered with conditioner, it felt fairly stiff and unyielding. However, after I removed the processing cap, my hair was smooth and the conditioner had a creamier texture. Upon rinsing, my hair felt ri-dic-ulously soft, as well as nicely moisturized and shiny. I also experienced less than average shedding and no visible breakage. After this experience, I purchased two more jars of the DC before the last sale promotion ended. :look:

4/8/15
DC’ed with Sweet Nature By Eddie Silk Amino Protein Mask under a cap for 1.5 hours. This conditioner has a creamy consistency that is nicely smoothing, so it applied very well. It also offered a reasonable amount of slip (I was able to run a comb through either side of my head after removing the processing cap). Although this conditioner is touted as being a protein treatment, upon rinsing, my hair felt absolutely lovely – very soft and moisturized! I really like this DC.

TraciChanel

Checking in. DCed with heat last week with LeKair Cholesterol Conditioner mixed with my fenugreek treatment. Very pleased with results. Hair is soft, curls are poppin, and hair feels stronger. Will do again tomorrow.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam now with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apple Conditioner mixed with mustard oil.

Same now. Wasn't planning on doing it tomorrow but went walking today and sweat was everywhere... was only going to co-wash but under the steamer I am lol

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Trying a new mix - Elasta QP Intense with Protein Supplement, JBCO and SAA

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with Silk Dreams Avocado and Claudie's Avocado Intense, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, Eucalyptus.

CluelessJL

I usually just DC once, with a mix of protein and moisture conditioners. Now wondering if this is the right way to go? Especially as by the time I've mixed everything up, there isn't really much of each in the mixture.

Have decided to experiment today and do one protein mix dc (Motions reconstructor, silk amino acid powder, Parnevu organic hair mayo, walnut oil), and will follow up with a moisture mix dc (CoN intense conditioning, Elasta QP intense max moisture, honey & emu oil conditioner). Hoping for the best!

theRaven

Yesterday, I deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayo for 2 hours under my heating cap. I did a black tea rinse and deep conditioned with Pantene 2-minute masque for an hour. I think I need my Aussie moist if I'm going to do weekly black tea rinses.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Prepoo: APB Ayurvedic Oil
Deep Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Shampoo: Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Today I'll be deep conditioning with a mix of Keracare Humecto, Kanechom Avocado, Matrix Biolage Cera-Repair, MC Hair Candy, JBCO, and Bhringraj oil.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam with Nature's Advantage Fresh Apples conditioner mixed with mustard oil and a few drops of peppermint oil.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
About to dry DC with ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional + EVCO.....again.
And its the last session using ORS bc I finished it up!

kupenda

Planning to water rinse and DC with a mix of Stellar Strands (for my bleached areas) and Vanilla Silk. I missed the SD sale but I'm ok with that. I'm growing more and more weary of paying shipping fees so I'm gonna try out a few options on the ground for awhile

TraciChanel

Checking in. DCed with heat last week with LeKair Cholesterol Conditioner mixed with my fenugreek treatment. Very pleased with results. Hair is soft, curls are poppin, and hair feels stronger. Will do again tomorrow.

I did the above today. I was home most of the day, so I left my DC/fenugreek on for 6+ hours. Same results as last time! I'm still loving my fenugreek. I will continue to use this every week. Only difference is I mixed grape seed oil with my DC this time.