***2013 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

I'm having some water now. ..granted it's because I've had a little too much wine.... but every little bit counts:look:

Yay! I'm completely in again!!! I drink 4 bottles of water a day and each bottles are just over 17oz each. Thats about 68 oz per day and my weight fluctuates but always remains below 120lbs. Lets get it!

Yay! Now we've got a party going. I'll make the official Challenger's List by Jan 1st. In the meantime, please make sure you thank the original post, even if you've posted that you're in. I plan to make the Challenger's list by the "thanks".

There's plenty of room. If you're in, come on in and join us! :woohoo:

I'm having some water now. ..granted it's because I've had a little too much wine.... but every little bit counts:look:

:lol: I hear ya. Keep in mind, alcohol dehydrates so, you'll need XTRA water, Ma'am. That said, I think I'll need some extra water too because I'm about to get my Moscato on. :lol:

Thanks for the tag.
I'm aiming for 48 ounces a day. That's 3 bottles of water: morning, afternoon and evening.

I'm in. I'd like to cut back on my non-water drinks too (juices and teas).

I think for now, I'll start off with 3 bottles @ 16 oz each daily and move up from there.

Last edited:
I would like to join. I use to drink 90 oz per day. I want to get back to it. I'm starting with 64oz at work and hope to make the other 26 while at home. I go back to work on January 2.

I"m in. I have to work my way up. I was drinking 8 glasses a day, but now it's more like 2:(

Im in. I will drink at least 128 oz [1 gallon] a day. I was doing this consistently before, so now I am going back to it. I use my 32 oz bottle, which I will fill up 4 times each day for drinking.

Drinking water works wonders, good luck everyone!

---- Because You're Worth It ;)
gif.gif
Pretty please vote for me for BGLH Icon of the Year :) http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/12/vote-for-the-2012-bglh-style-icon-of-the-year/ Also please read some more previous posts: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=591027 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=622227 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=656937 Length at October:
ee068823d441de17040225ff03de3a06.jpg
Jennifer :D www.bootyfurl.co.uk

Okay, I need to drink 70 oz of water a day. Still don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm not a big drinker of anything, actually. I'm going to have to work my way up. So from now until the end of January, my goal will be 36 oz a day. That's three cups at work or two glasses at home on the weekend. At the end of January I'll decide if I'm going to increase it a bit more of just go ahead and double it to my ultimate goal.

I'm in! I fell off pretty bad this year but I'll dedicate myself to this one, I promise :). I plan to drink 70 oz OR for plain bottles of water daily. I also plan to add lemon for detox and skin purposes

Okay, I need to drink 70 oz of water a day. Still don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm not a big drinker of anything, actually. I'm going to have to work my way up. So from now until the end of January, my goal will be 36 oz a day. That's three cups at work or two glasses at home on the weekend. At the end of January I'll decide if I'm going to increase it a bit more of just go ahead and double it to my ultimate goal.

This is me. But when I do drink anything it's usually water or herbal tea with no sugar. When I'm being a good girl-- I'll drink almond milk and/or a green smoothie too. I don't enjoy black tea anymore.

I dare not drink soda for fear I'll fall off the wagon. :nono:

Last edited:
I just spent the worst week of my life in excrutiating pain, 2 trips to the ER, and finally passing a kidney stone on Christmas Eve.

So, I'm in :grin:

According to my weight, I'm supposed to have 68ozs, but I think my goal will be 80ozs a day.

By summertime, I hope to up it to 100ozs :drunk:

This past month, I started paying more attention to my water intake. I don't do challenges but I am definitely going to be drinking half my body weight from now on-- not just for the hair and overall health, but for my face too. Thank you.

I just spent the worst week of my life in excrutiating pain, 2 trips to the ER, and finally passing a kidney stone on Christmas Eve.

So, I'm in :grin:

According to my weight, I'm supposed to have 68ozs, but I think my goal will be 80ozs a day.

By summertime, I hope to up it to 100ozs :drunk:
@MrsTimberlake
So sorry to hear that. My mom had to have her kidney stone(s) removed because it/they wouldn't pass so that keeps me somewhat motivated. Okay not enough as it should-, but I do keep it in the back of my mind.

Day one for me...its 1:49 pm and i have yet to drink a single oz of anything. Baaaah!

@mallysmommy
Well-- this thread is for 2013, so you're not really doing that badly. :look:
Actually--I'm the same way--I get a late start most days.

We can do this though! :yep:

Last edited:
I'm in. My goal is to be consistent with 96 oz a day. My skin shows a dramatic difference within a few days if I go off track.

I'm in I've never had a problem consuming water before, but lately I've hit rock bottom. I think I've been only consuming 1liter per day. So my goal is to consume 3-4 liters per day.

This is right on time for me. I start the year with a three day detox. This year I want to permently increase my water intake. I often fall off the wagon. Everytime I see this thread, it reminds me to drink my water.

Goal: 96 oz, going to start with 64 oz and hopefully work my way up.
Schedule
32 oz three times a day by the end of the year

Back